Pandoran problems 4.25.18

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I honestly have no idea why people want to identify with the multi-billion dollar international conglomerate and not the guests.
Mental illness.
Sometimes you plan a fantastic day which cost lots of money and then life happens
Yeah, life can happen. However, this isn't really life happening. It's Disney effing up. Don't think it's crazy for them to offer some kind of guest recovery.

Also....

Maybe I am missing it, but where is anyone demanding monetary compensation?

drizgirl

On some level that strikes me as a problem - where is is better to "give away" - some number of approximately $100 tickets than to provide a slot in a ride queue. If the FP system is constantly running at 100% capacity then there is no margin for error and we all know stuff happens. Even JIT supply chains don't run with 0% slack.
Definitely not much margin for error. 100% of FP capacity is distributed daily. In the old FP days the machines stopped when the ride did. It worked great at avoiding the massive backups and the inflated expectations. And that clean slate each morning was nice too.

jmmc

Some of the group I was with at AK last week were about to get on, and then were evacuated out of Flight of Passage because of the alarms. We had a FP, but some folks who had been in line for 2 hours weren't pleased. Some were also complaining that cast members were rudely yanking 3D glasses out of their hands. And as they were in a kind of backstage area, insisting "no photos!"

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So was the issue in more than one zone yesterday?

You have to consider operational procedures before you jump to conclusions. Fire alarm sensor trips, evacuate building. Then the Fire Department determines if theres a fire. If there is not then the professional technicians determine root cause. Then operations can determine based on the fault and zoning if they can operate any part of the ride.

jakeman

Maybe I am missing it, but where is anyone demanding monetary compensation?
I did. I mean...I'm not there right now, but hey...worth a shot right?
In the old FP days the machines stopped when the ride did. It worked great at avoiding the massive backups and the inflated expectations. And that clean slate each morning was nice too.
I don't believe this is accurate. FP machines kept chugging right along during an outage from my memory of working with them.

As for clean slate each morning, how quickly everyone forgets about the 20-30 minute FP line for TSMM first thing in the morning and receiving an 8:30 p.m. FP at 9:45 a.m.

RobbinsDad

Of course Disney is at fault when a ride goes down. They charge exorbitant amounts for a product, and they have a responsibility to deliver that product. What’s more, Disney has gone to absurd lengths, through advanced FP reservations and highly priced park hopper options, to limit guest flexibility. That makes a major ride being down for a whole day a bigger deal then it might otherwise be.

I honestly have no idea why people want to identify with the multi-billion dollar international conglomerate and not the guests.
This.

When the two newest and most popular rides in all WDW are down for an entire day, they should compensate. Simple as that.

Last edited:

RobbinsDad

That's your own opinion though. There's plenty of other stuff (the shows, the exhibits, the entertainment).. Rides break down. Yes this was a bad one, yes it sucks, yes Disney has some blame here, and yes guests should be compensated, but not with a full refund - that's taking it too far. What if the only ride I wanted to go on at MK was Splash, and it went down. Should Disney give out refunds every single time a popular ride goes down?
Not apples to apples. Splash Mountain has not been promoted for the past 2 years as the latest and greatest thing at Walt Disney World. It is nowhere near as difficult to get a FP+ for SM. If Everest were down for an entire day, I think fastpasses or a dining voucher or something would be sufficient. Both Pandora rides? Gotta give the tickets.

Nubs70

By setting up a Fast pass appointment for rides in Pandora, you have entered into, at least, a gentlemen's agreement to partake in the experience.

If WDW cannot fulfill their end of the agreement, WDW should feel obligated to offer inkind reimbursement without hesitation.

Seeing Pandora is:
  1. Tentpole park attraction.
  2. Tentpole is primary motive for payment of park admission.

Animaniac93-98

Disney is under no obligation to keep every ride open every day of the year. In the terms and conditions of your ticket it clearly states that hours and operating schedules are subject to change. Ride can go down for any numbers of reasons, including weather related incidents.

However, Avatar is the latest attraction in the parks and is heavily marketed as the prime reason to go to WDW, specifically AK, right now. People queue up for hours (literally, as the kids like to say), to see them and plan months in advance what time they can get on and what day to visit. With the amount of advance planning a WDW trip now requires, one day of changing plans can potentially lead to a domino effect of other reservations being affected. It's not easy to swap dining, tour or activities times with less than 24 hours notice. If a ride a popular as FoP is shut down for a whole day, then I can totally understand why people would be irked.

If Disney is offering meaningful compensation on their part with minimal fuss, I say good on them. That's the kind of customer service they were known for. I wouldn't put down those looking to vent when a vacation to WDW is as expensive as it is and many of us can't just show up next week to try again because we live in another state or country.

I can't speak for what CM's at the attractions themselves did or didn't do, but it's entirely possible in this case to both sympathize with the guests and think Disney's customer service handled the situation well.

drizgirl

I don't believe this is accurate. FP machines kept chugging right along during an outage from my memory of working with them.

As for clean slate each morning, how quickly everyone forgets about the 20-30 minute FP line for TSMM first thing in the morning and receiving an 8:30 p.m. FP at 9:45 a.m.
Maybe that changed over time. But I definitely recall being frustrated at not being able to even pull a FP when it was down. But I understood they were trying to avoid a huge backup later in the day when it opened.

And I bet a lot of people with Pandora FPs yesterday would love to stand in a 20-30 minute FP distribution line this morning if that was their only chance to still ride FOP.

bhg469

One thing I've never understood is the huge lines at Guest Relations after something like this. Obviously something unexpected happened and since both attractions are located in the same show building it impacted both of them.

Are people there just to demand some sort of compensation or just to complain? MDE will automatically give you a bonus FastPass on something like that and typically when you get evacuated the CM's are at the exit points handing out paper FP's to use for something else. What more do people expect when they have a mechanical failure of some kind that triggered this that prompts them to want to stand in line at Guest Relations?
This drives me insane to no end. They are just looking for some compensation which will end up being a fastpass. You're ruining your vacation for something completely out of your control. For every attraction that is dow, there are several more to go and enjoy. Now Disney definitely should take some blame but unless I have a major issue, I am not waiting in line for a possible free ice cream bar.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
So is Navi River down today? The app shows Flight is up but no time or temporary closure for Na’vi.
D86F9243-66C0-4495-BAC7-EB2E622ACE85.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom