Pandoran problems 4.25.18

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Lots of issues at AK today. Both pandora attractions down since 3:30pm and we just watched families get evaced off Primeval Whirl. Huge line at Guest Relations which is moving ridiculously slow just making people more annoyed.

796500F5-DE3B-4F67-9AB1-A72E4CBC86C2.jpeg

donsullivan

Premium Member
One thing I've never understood is the huge lines at Guest Relations after something like this. Obviously something unexpected happened and since both attractions are located in the same show building it impacted both of them.

Are people there just to demand some sort of compensation or just to complain? MDE will automatically give you a bonus FastPass on something like that and typically when you get evacuated the CM's are at the exit points handing out paper FP's to use for something else. What more do people expect when they have a mechanical failure of some kind that triggered this that prompts them to want to stand in line at Guest Relations?

SiriusBlack

One thing I've never understood is the huge lines at Guest Relations after something like this. Obviously something unexpected happened and since both attractions are located in the same show building it impacted both of them.

Are people there just to demand some sort of compensation or just to complain? MDE will automatically give you a bonus FastPass on something like that and typically when you get evacuated the CM's are at the exit points handing out paper FP's to use for something else. What more do people expect when they have a mechanical failure of some kind that triggered this that prompts them to want to stand in line at Guest Relations?

Not sure what I would do. But I cant imagine how angry I would be if I dedicated one day to the park with the two new attractions that Disney is marketing out the wazoo, and my family can't ride either ride on that day. Can really hurt your very expensive vacation that Disney does bend over backwards to make amazing.

djkidkaz

Original Poster

Normally I would agree but it is the hottest new thing in WDW and people are coming specifically to this park for these two attractions. A fastpass to ride it later that day is fine but it doesn’t look like it’s coming back up today because it’s 7:30 and still down.

People are being refunded parking costs for AK as well as the full day park ticket cost. Which I don’t think is unreasonable for people who came here specifically for that.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not sure what I would do. But I cant imagine how angry I would be if I dedicated one day to the park with the two new attractions that Disney is marketing out the wazoo, and my family can't ride either ride on that day. Can really hurt your very expensive vacation that Disney does bend over backwards to make amazing.

I get the part that folks are disappointed but I just don't understand their choice to stand in line at Guest Relations after. What are people expecting Disney to do after they've chosen to spend that (hour?) in line waiting at guest relations? It's not like Disney wanted the attractions to go down; they want them operational as much as everyone else does.

SiriusBlack

Some
I get the part that folks are disappointed but I just don't understand their choice to stand in line at Guest Relations after. What are people expecting Disney to do after they've chosen to spend that (hour?) in line waiting at guest relations? It's not like Disney wanted the attractions to go down; they want them operational as much as everyone else does.
Some people expect compensation I am sure. Some people really just want to hear a genuine I am sorry.

discos

So apparently Flight of Passage and Na'vi River journey were both closed for 5 hours yesterday (Tuesday the 24th) and both have been down all day today (Wednesday the 25th). What issue could cause both rides to go down? I'm thinking something's up with the show building since they're both in the same structure.

jaxonp

So this has actually happened to me twice before and both times they've said a power transformer has gone out. 5 hours seems to be about the same length and both rides being down. What's up with that?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Some
Some people expect compensation I am sure. Some people really just want to hear a genuine I am sorry.

I guess it's that culture of 'compensation' I don't understand. I know I'm in the minority here but beyond the 'use it anywhere FastPass' they typical present to guests as they are heading out of any attraction after an evacuation I don't expect anything else. I was at Disneyland Paris last summer and Big Thunder (the best version of this attraction ever built) was going down for 4-6 hours, every single day. I never once felt the need to go to Guest Relations to demand some sort of compensation. I certainly would never expect to have my admission refunded because they had some sort of mechanical issue that took an attraction down. But, that's just me.

FigmentForver96

I'm sorry stuff happens. Disney didn't plan for the ride to break nor was it "were going to take it down just because". I mean I guess when it's your first trip in a long time it would be frustrating but I guess I don't get it.

drizgirl

Part of the problem is that there really aren't any do-overs for the occasional traveler. They can't come back next week to try again. They really can't even come back tomorrow unless they want to go standby since all the FPs are gone 60+ days out. Under old paper FP, they could have regrouped and tried again tomorrow with all FP inventory still available at rope drop. I'd be really disappointed too.

JustInTime

Last year it broke down. We waited close to 2 hours. No fast passes were given out. So I did ask for one.

Lets Respect

What if you had paid for a one-day ticket to DAK for today for a family of 4? What is that with the taxes? Close to $500. (And yes people buy one-day tickets) You would be ok with that? You wouldn't go to GS?

matt9112

Part of the problem is that there really aren't any do-overs for the occasional traveler. They can't come back next week to try again. They really can't even come back tomorrow unless they want to go standby since all the FPs are gone 60+ days out. Under old paper FP, they could have regrouped and tried again tomorrow with all FP inventory still available at rope drop. I'd be really disappointed too.

THIS X100 FP makes it so you get one shot with your park and day. remember tommorows my epcot day or my magic kingdom day....and you want me to somehow cram pandora into that? like you said under the old system you could have made some sacrifices now...to do so you need to throw your 60 day plans in the garbage.

matt9112

I'm sorry stuff happens. Disney didn't plan for the ride to break nor was it "were going to take it down just because". I mean I guess when it's your first trip in a long time it would be frustrating but I guess I don't get it.

I didnt plan on having to plan my vacation 180 days (dining) and 60 respectfully...

Disney did this to themselves they MAKE us plan every minute of our vacations so yeah when an entire day of that is off it's not as easy to do over.

you know some people come once in a lifetime right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom