Pandoran problems 4.25.18

CTXRover

FOP listed at 60 min as of 0830 on 4.26.18. Seems to be back open.

We walked through Pandora last evening. Park was open until 930pm, but the projections on the floating mountains and all the background sound went out at 9pm. I wonder if the problem was something electrical/power related.

Edit: NRJ is listed as closed (not just temporarily closed, so suspect may not open at all today)

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We rarely book right at the opening timeline and have yet to have the life changing disappointment on our trips that folks here claim will happen if you don't map your day out in MS Project.
294pwp.jpg

andysol

It’s as if everyone forgets that just one year ago to the day, this land didn’t exist.
The difference between yesterday at DAK and a year ago at DAK is exactly the same.
The same DAK that was my (and others here) favorite park at WDW prior to Pandora being opened. Was DAK worthy of admission in April 2017?

Not a single “once in a lifetime” guest planned this trip due to Avatar. So not really sure why that’s an argument. So this is primarily impacting the repeat guest who wanted to see WDWs first E ticket in a decade+

That all said, I understand the want for compensation- but where does it end? If Tron goes down, is the reaction valid? GotG? SDD? Any new ride?

Star Wars is a no brainer because people will undoubtedly plan trips around that entirely- but outside of that...

Last edited:

JustInTime

FOP listed at 60 min as of 0830 on 4.26.18. Seems to be back open.

We walked through Pandora last evening. Park was open until 930pm, but the projections on the floating mountains and all the background sound went out at 9pm. I wonder if the problem was something electrical/power related.

Edit: NRJ is listed as closed (not just temporarily closed, so suspect may not open at all today)
Wait. Projections? Or do you mean just the lighting?

Stevie Amsterdam

I guess it's that culture of 'compensation' I don't understand. I know I'm in the minority here....

You're not. I'm 100% with you on this. Sometimes you plan a fantastic day which cost lots of money and then life happens. I would also be disappointed but I sure would make the most of it, and use the time I have left (especially if I took my family there for just 1 day) better than standing in line for 1+ hour to complain and demand compensation.

drizgirl

You're not. I'm 100% with you on this. Sometimes you plan a fantastic day which cost lots of money and then life happens. I would also be disappointed but I sure would make the most of it, and use the time I have left (especially if I took my family there for just 1 day) better than standing in line for 1+ hour to complain and demand compensation.
Then don't go stand in line? Why does it matter if others do.

I think Disney should have at least had a CM with an ipad going down that line offering to upgrade anyone without hoppers so they could go to a different park. That probably would have cleared a lot of people out of the line.

drizgirl

there is a report (from another site) that the issues are due to the fire alarm system in the building... which have been known to have issues as reported here as well
I don't have a clue how that all works. How are they able to open FOP then if they're all in the same building?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I don't have a clue how that all works. How are they able to open FOP then if they're all in the same building?

If the fault isolation zone is limited to the 4 minute Blacklight Hippy Water ride for the alarm system, its pretty easy. You dont set up an entire building as a single zone, you break it down so you can tell exactly where in a building an issue occurs. If a zone isnt able to be monitored then you take it out of public service to meet fire code and insurance liability.

Kingtut

Free admission is better because it doesn’t further strain capacity in the same way that adding FastPass+ inventory does.
On some level that strikes me as a problem - where is is better to "give away" - some number of approximately $100 tickets than to provide a slot in a ride queue. If the FP system is constantly running at 100% capacity then there is no margin for error and we all know stuff happens. Even JIT supply chains don't run with 0% slack.

drizgirl

If the fault isolation zone is limited to the 4 minute Blacklight Hippy Water ride for the alarm system, its pretty easy. You dont set up an entire building as a single zone, you break it down so you can tell exactly where in a building an issue occurs. If a zone isnt able to be monitored then you take it out of public service to meet fire code and insurance liability.
So was the issue in more than one zone yesterday?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom