Pandoran problems 4.25.18

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well, not in public. Remember, a broken attraction needs no CMs manning it, just one or two out front to turn people away.
The more I think about this, the more absurd it is (and I thought it was pretty absurd *before* I thought about it.) If Disney wanted to save money by "breaking" an attraction, do you think they'd do it for FoP or Navi? Seriously? Maybe Primeval Whirl, or Kali, or Dinosaur - that would still be a stretch. But the newest and two most popular attractions in the park?

Do you have stock in a tin foil hat factory or something?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The more I think about this, the more absurd it is (and I thought it was pretty absurd *before* I thought about it.) If Disney wanted to save money by "breaking" an attraction, do you think they'd do it for FoP or Navi? Seriously? Maybe Primeval Whirl, or Kali, or Dinosaur - that would still be a stretch. But the newest and two most popular attractions in the park?

Do you have stock in a tin foil hat factory or something?
I think he has stock in making obviously sarcastic posts that get lost in translation on the internet. Business is booming.

GlassHalfFull

I saw someone say you get another FP to use whenever you want. I have gotten those before but nearly every time, they have exclusions like Frozen, Pandora, Seven Dwarves. Only one time have I ever gotten the real, USE THIS ANY TIME ANY PLACE and it was the last day of our trip at the end of the night so I didn't even get to wield that power..

Driver

I think he has stock in making obviously sarcastic posts that get lost in translation on the internet. Business is booming.
Even if he misspoke, does he deserve the barrage of verbal beatings? I have seen some of his other post and typically they are innocent enough. Just saying😟

Mikejakester

Any word on what Disney is doing as compensation if anything? Just Curious.

Also, is there a warning at the entrance of the park announcing FP down for the day or similar? I remember seeing a similar sign at SixFlags new jersey a couple of months after KindaKa opened. I went all the to the park just for that ride, but unfortunately, it was down for the day, but I had the choice of entering the park knowing it was going to down before I actually went in. Which was nice.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Any word on what Disney is doing as compensation if anything? Just Curious.

Also, is there a warning at the entrance of the park announcing FP down for the day or similar? I remember seeing a similar sign at SixFlags new jersey a couple of months after KindaKa opened. I went all the to the park just for that ride, but unfortunately, it was down for the day, but I had the choice of entering the park knowing it was going to down before I actually went in. Which was nice.
Just to clarify.

FastPass isn't down.

Na'vi River Journey is closed.

There is a sign posted at the entrance of the park.

TRUE STORY from last night. One reason not to stay up late reading these threads before falling asleep:

I'm in Texas right now, far from Disney World, and after a late night reading this forum I had an intense dream that for whatever reason I decided to pull some fire alarm in Pandora. I don't know what motivated me to do it. But I did! Bells rang, sprinklers started showering all of Pandora, and I was off sprinting! I was then on the run throughout Animal Kingdom to hide from a mob of Cast Members and most park guests. As I hid somewhere in the Tree of Life, I heard the loudspeakers announce that the park would not close at all that night as they would continue their search for the culprit. What a nightmare.

Do NOT read these forums before bedtime ;)

Jeremy Geertsema

Are they working on this ‘round the clock? Like I find it interesting that the app doesn’t even say “temporarily closed.” They don’t seem very hopeful?

yensidtlaw1969

They used to understand it, anyway.

I'm pretty sure they haven't lost money on guest recovery since the 1990's... all those costs are built into the admission ticket price. And FP's cost them nothing. Free one day tickets cost them nothing. Mickey bars and balloon cost them the wholesale unit price, but look back at how much it costs to get into the park... heck, they could give Coke products out free and still make scads of money. Holiday World, in Indiana, does... they also provide free sunscreen and free parking.
Exactly. No reason they can’t take care of guests in such an exceptional circumstance as all the attractions in the big new land going down. These days it’s well accounted for should the need arise.

Rescue Ranger

Are the floating mountains waterfalls running? They were down when we were there in February.

It's ridiculous how fast Pandora is deteriorating. We'll be back in May and recently purchased an extra day strictly for first timers joining us, who may never return again after this trip. Hopefully Disney get everything operational and does it properly.

Pretty embarrassing and unfortunate for this to happen during AKs 20th. James Cameron needs to come in and get them into shape!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom