Pandoran problems 4.25.18

mikejs78

Premium Member
My sentiments exactly. When I was younger and without offspring to drain me of my youth and stamina (just kidding!...but not really) I was at the parks all day and night. I remember those good ‘ol days that EMH at the MK were until 2 or 3 am, and we were out there late. But now with young kids, I can’t expect them to wait in line for hours and/or get out too early or stay late just for the sake of a ride. So FP is my friend...if it all goes to plan. That means I have to plan the 60 days plus out for my traveling party if certain E-ticket attractions are on the to-do list. And if the ride goes down on something that we had only planned for one specific day, it’s going to be disappointing, especially if we had a small window planned for it. So would I be upset-yes. Demand compensation-no. But, if others get upset, I surely understand.

I went on FoP last week with my older son, while my husband stuck around with our younger one-we had FPs for it. When it was my husband’s turn to ride it, FoP was down and he was automatically given a FP to choose any experience he wanted for that day or the next. So without asking, he was given the opportunity to use the FP for something else (plus, FoP isn’t his favorite so no big deal)

To others that have said they had no issue getting FPs the day or two prior, that’s some mighty luck. Last Sept., I went out to WDW with a friend and we were there for 3.5 days. We had zero luck getting FPs for FoP at around 30 days out, up until the day of our trip, and during our stay. We looked often and just couldn’t snag FPs for the two of us. We did rope drop too, but FoP was down from the beginning and for hours afterwards so we left the line not wanting to chance it, waiting for the remote possibility of it opening up for the day. Whatever is going on there doesn’t seem like an isolated incident, and I think that seems to get people riled up
FoP is the only one I haven't seen. I've seen day of FPs for Mine Train, Frozen, and pretty much everything else, on multiple occasions.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Nobody thinks FP+ or MyMagic+ broke the ride. That's just silly. They're saying that the advance ride planning makes it harder for guests to recover from an outage because so many things are booked already and they are hemmed in with other appointment times they can't change.

but when a ride is down they had a fp for, they get a fastpass to then use at basically any other attraction for anytime that day. Happened to me many times... sometimes I even see it as a win depending on the attraction I had the fp for that went down and what others ones I could now do.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I think it needs to be pointed out that this discussion of compensation did not start because of how Disney was handling the situation but how guests were handling the situations. As far as I can tell, by all accounts Disney was essentially handing out admission and I’m not really sure what would have been much better.

Agree, it’s a bummer but that’s about best you could reasonably expect. Unfortunately we’re going in couple days. Missed Pandora opening by about a month last time...

rd805

Agree, it’s a bummer but that’s about best you could reasonably expect. Unfortunately we’re going in couple days. Missed Pandora opening by about a month last time...

I had to arrive hour prior to rope drop back in December to make sure to get on FoP. Not sure if that is still the norm or not a few months later. Have a good time!

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I had to arrive hour prior to rope drop back in December to make sure to get on FoP. Not sure if that is still the norm or not a few months later. Have a good time!

That’s best route still if you don’t have FP. I have FP for FOP and was going to rope drop Navi (although those plans may be changing now)

mikejs78

Premium Member
Nobody thinks FP+ or MyMagic+ broke the ride. That's just silly. They're saying that the advance ride planning makes it harder for guests to recover from an outage because so many things are booked already and they are hemmed in with other appointment times they can't change.
If FoP is really your priority, you can pretty much change all the other FPs pretty easily. Plus, you usually get an anytime FP. Even if you have Epcot or MK FPs the next day, move some around and head to DAK at night or first thing, or even mid day.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
That's ridiculous. Bait and switch requires intent. If Disney touted FoP as the *only* experience in AK and then decided that only the first 20000 people in line would get to ride then that would be a bait and switch. An unforseen technical problem is *not* a bait and switch, especially given that there's a whole theme park there to do things in.

FastPass+ isn't any kind of gentleman's agreement. It's not a contract, an agreement of any kind - it's a reservation. If you think it's a gentleman's agreement, maybe Disney should start charging you if you miss your FP+ reservation?

You don't view a reservation as a type of agreement? I do.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Just because you do it doesn't mean it is. Again, if it's an 'agreement' maybe Disney should charge $10 if you miss your FP window.
Well that would be a different type of agreement, which they already do with restaurant reservations.

Now, speaking of restaurant reservations, if you book a dinner, then arrive and they tell you, sorry pal, can't seat you. That's going to be a problem. You made an agreement, and they aren't honoring it. Same goes for any type of reservation. Car rental, hotel, FP. A reservation is, objectively, an agreement.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well that would be a different type of agreement, which they already do with restaurant reservations.

Now, speaking of restaurant reservations, if you book a dinner, then arrive and they tell you, sorry pal, can't seat you. That's going to be a problem. You made an agreement, and they aren't honoring it. Same goes for any type of reservation. Car rental, hotel, FP. A reservation is, objectively, an agreement.
And I've shown up to reservations when an unforseen issue arises and have not gotten any kind of compensation. It's a placeholder, not a contract.

jakeman

Yes but...if the restaurant is on fire, most people don't complain about the whole reservation system being corrupt.

DisneyMann

This conspiracy of it being a bait and switch is so ludicrous and beyond reach. At this point go buy the tin foil.

Also, Disney isn't forcing anyone to plan your vacation. If you choose to, then that's on you. The parks are open daily and you can wait in stand by. Every other theme park in world operates like this. Disney gives you options.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Just happy that when we went last July/August we really didn't run into ANY issues with "technical difficulties" in Pandora any time that we were there. I realize that Disney can't guarantee that rides will be functional 100% of the time, but I'm sure I would have a few choice words if I planned a vacation to Disney specifically to see Pandora and one of the two attractions was down for three days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom