Pandora: The World Of Avatar - A Somewhat Letdown?

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Has anybody seen the pictures of the new 2017 Lamborghini Aventador? It looks so disappointing and its not impressive at all!! I don't care for the color, the seats look uncomfortable, and there are no cup holders. And I can tell from the picture it only goes as fast as a Ferrari!

I guess I will wait to pass final judgment until I can see it in person and drive one around. Who knows maybe I will like it. (Maybe I should have said Mustang and Corvette because the odds of me driving a Lamborghini are ZERO! Although the DH will love the reference;))

Who cares? :banghead:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Has anybody seen the pictures of the new 2017 Lamborghini Aventador? It looks so disappointing and its not impressive at all!! I don't care for the color, the seats look uncomfortable, and there are no cup holders. And I can tell from the picture it only goes as fast as a Ferrari!

I guess I will wait to pass final judgment until I can see it in person and drive one around. Who knows maybe I will like it. (Maybe I should have said Mustang and Corvette because the odds of me driving a Lamborghini are ZERO! Although the DH will love the reference;))
Seen one up close and meh for looks. Apparently it is silly quick but not a whole lot of space for the shopping ;) A mustang may be the better bet.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
I will have to see if I can find a picture of the storage. Because I should be able to report back on the facts because I would have seen the picture of it.
untitled.png

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Give the person a break, you people aren't the thought police.

Thank you, Rusty Spork. You and a few others on this thread are actually trying to point out how many try to prove my initial reaction as "wrong because I haven't been there" even though it's, like I said, just initial.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Thank you, Rusty Spork. You and a few others on this thread are actually trying to point out how many try to prove my initial reaction as "wrong because I haven't been there" even though it's, like I said, just initial.

It's not so much being right or wrong, it's that you should be allowed to share your opinion without being attacked for it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is Navi River Journey that bad? I mean im gonna ride it regardless, but that sucks if people really think this or even the whole land lukewarm. I'm starting to think WDI knew that they messed up when they began to make Pandora. Like maybe something in the back of Joe Rohde and many other imagineers minds that kept saying, "should we really make a entire land based on these Smurf cats?"

Depends on what you're looking for. You want Shanghai PotC SFX, you'll be disappointed. You want a quiet ride of the natural wonders of an alien world, you'll like it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Oh yeah, the whole Banshee thing was a mere half-truth to build hype.

I did genetically engineer Banshees for this land...two problems. One major since it impacts every guest - the Banshees really wouldn't stay within the confines of the land no matter how much we trained them. So, if you're riding on them you really don't want to soar over, say, the Tree of Life and have the Pandora illusion ruined. Heck, some of them even went over Sea World! People are paying to see Disney, not the orca killers. Second, the more minor problem (not what you're thinking, the safety restraints worked great) about 8% of the guests are eaten by the Banshees. Mostly kids under 12, and it was only 1 in 12 people, still it seemed to be a bit of a turn off during our tests.

ElvisMickey

So I was there on Tuesday for a couple of hours during a passholder preview, got to experience the whole land and I pretty much agree with everything you said. I mean, it probably doesn't help that I'm not an Avatar fan in the slightest, but the land just felt...lacking. The boat ride is OK, Flights Of Passage is cool, then you have a store, a place to eat and alcohol. Granted, there are definitely some cool things to see just wandering around, but I left feeling like it could have been better. Especially for as long as they took to build it. However, with all of that being said, I would love to see it at night because I'm sure it looks amazing. I was there at 11AM in the sun and humidity.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
I did genetically engineer Banshees for this land...two problems. One major since it impacts every guest - the Banshees really wouldn't stay within the confines of the land no matter how much we trained them. So, if you're riding on them you really don't want to soar over, say, the Tree of Life and have the Pandora illusion ruined. Heck, some of them even went over Sea World! People are paying to see Disney, not the orca killers. Second, the more minor problem (not what you're thinking, the safety restraints worked great) about 8% of the guests are eaten by the Banshees. Mostly kids under 12, and it was only 1 in 12 people, still it seemed to be a bit of a turn off during our tests.
8% seems like an acceptable figure to me. So long as a blue cupcake is issued in compensation.

Incomudro

Plus, what about obese people?
I'm certain it's difficult or impossible for obese people to get in and out of the Lamborghini.
Couldn't they have made it higher off of the ground, with wider seats?
shouldn't it be able to accommodate any and all physiques?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Someone uploaded the full ride online. We don't see too much of the ride vehicles overall movement, but at least we have the full ride footage. Like I said earlier, it does look pretty fun. My only real complaint from this is that the actual ride footage looks a bit generic with only a few "stand-out" moments. Nonetheless it does seem like a good attraction.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxeDMPvSnI
Pretty cool... at least now we know why the sequels are late.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Second, the more minor problem (not what you're thinking, the safety restraints worked great) about 8% of the guests are eaten by the Banshees. Mostly kids under 12, and it was only 1 in 12 people, still it seemed to be a bit of a turn off during our tests.
I think you're trying to be funny here... but I'm not sure joking about WDW animals (even imaginary animals) eating young guests is in good taste, especially after the Tragedy of the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
I think you're trying to be funny here... but I'm not sure joking about WDW animals (even imaginary animals) eating young guests is in good taste, especially after the Tragedy of the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Or the Bite Of 87' LOLOLOLOLO-

Sorry, for a second my PC got hacked by a 12 year old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom