Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

aladdin2007

That's exactly what I was referring to; the cancellation of the Electrical Parade and shipping it to Disneyland, where they already have a brand new dedicated night parade (PTN) and currently three other parades that were designed to be performed at night with onboard lighting (Soundsational, Halloween parade, Christmas parade).

As for being "temporary", even if its gone from Magic Kingdom for just one calendar year, the question is still... why?

because Chapek wanted to cut costs here and for the budget to go to Rivers of Light instead, therefor saving money by not running MSEP and sending back to Disneyland at Disneylands expense, or so the rumor goes according to a miceage article.

jrhwdw

Just checked the online calendar for the week after MSEP's departure and MK's hours were upped to 12:00 midnight for the 12th and 15th. I'm a little surprised since MSEP is gone by then and figured they would have kept the 10:00 close.
The daily schedule isn't up yet. Anyone know if anything is playing later in the evening?

Side note: Elena's Royal Welcome is planned for 10/1 but nothing that screams 45th, anything planned?????

GiveMeTheMusic

Just checked the online calendar for the week after MSEP's departure and MK's hours were upped to 12:00 midnight for the 12th and 15th. I'm a little surprised since MSEP is gone by then and figured they would have kept the 10:00 close.
The daily schedule isn't up yet. Anyone know if anything is playing later in the evening?

Side note: Elena's Royal Welcome is planned for 10/1 but nothing that screams 45th, anything planned?????

They are not celebrating the 45th outside of merch. There may be a castle moment but it won't be on the schedule this far out, if at all.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
because Chapek wanted to cut costs here and for the budget to go to Rivers of Light instead, therefor saving money by not running MSEP and sending back to Disneyland at Disneylands expense, or so the rumor goes according to a miceage article.

Well that should tell you that MK is not seeing a nighttime parade for a LONG time

Just in case anyone was still thinking it, I recently got confirmation Paint The Night will NOT be coming to WDW. I was told that it was talked about, but decided against due to a number of factors.

And that's fine, as I understand it needs a refurb (hence why MSEP is temp replacing it). However, I find it truly disappointing that WDW would be ok with no MK nighttime parade after the holidays.

TP2000

Just in case anyone was still thinking it, I recently got confirmation Paint The Night will NOT be coming to WDW. I was told that it was talked about, but decided against due to a number of factors.

Thank you for the follow up information! It's always nice to hear things from folks who would know something.

I honestly don't know too much more. I believe one of the factors was the size of some of the PTN floats though. And in part Disneyland's reluctance to give it up.

That's not the first time we've heard about the size restrictions along Magic Kingdom's parade route. It's just so ironic that ride-packed little Disneyland can host bigger parades in its 1955 footprint than sprawling Magic Kingdom with fewer rides and it's "blessing of size" can.

What's most shocking is that this August's Miceage reports seem to be more accurate by the day; that Disneyland is going to great expense to keep a night parade going this winter until both PTN and Fantasmic! can come back from their big refurbishments in June, 2017.

And through at least calendar year 2017 Magic Kingdom management is planning to do... Nothing. The question remains, why??? It's just weird.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Thank you for the follow up information! It's always nice to hear things from folks who would know something.

That's not the first time we've heard about the size restrictions along Magic Kingdom's parade route. It's just so ironic that ride-packed little Disneyland can host bigger parades in its 1955 footprint than sprawling Magic Kingdom with fewer rides and it's "blessing of size" can.

What's most shocking is that the Miceage reports seem to be more accurate by the day; Disneyland is going to great expense to keep a night parade going this winter until both PTN and Fantasmic! can come back from their big refurbishments in June, 2017.

And through at least calendar year 2017 Magic Kingdom management is planning to do... Nothing. The question remains, why???
Because they think we won't care.

TP2000

Doesn't matter if Mickey Mouse himself said it, there are some who will go to their grave believing PTN is coming to WDW :facepalm:

At this point it's likely just a minority of delusional WDW employees who simply can't believe their property is being left high and dry like this.

I must confess that I find it baffling myself as a casual visitor, so I can easily imagine WDW employees are just going through various phases of shock and denial.

Next Big Thing

What's most shocking is that the Miceage reports seem to be more accurate by the day; Disneyland is going to great expense to keep a night parade going this winter until both PTN and Fantasmic! can come back from their big refurbishments in June, 2017.

And through at least calendar year 2017 Magic Kingdom management is planning to do... Nothing. The question remains, why???
I think the big question is just why exactly did Disneyland want MSEP back? I understand PTN will be down, but they're used to not having a night parade. I have to wonder if this is the actual last hurrah for the parade for public viewing, with plans to preserve it for historical purposes somewhere after that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom