Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

SorcererMC

I actually disagree. I think we are teetering on the breaking point and I think that their Q4 numbers are going to reveal if they've pushed it over the edge or if there are a few more straws left. I expect there to be a decent drop in attendance for Q4.

Q4 usually shows a drop in attendance, the question is how much of a drop will there be since attendance has been soft all year. Enough to miss the earnings estimates? (Possibly, Brazilian visitation to Orlando is down 25%).

Yep they need to close out FY17 strong to keep the stock price afloat,

They need to close FY17 strong, but Wall St is seeing that the writing is on the wall due to the underlying issues. Iger may lose his crown as CEO King of Wall St before his tenure is up.

I think this cut is just a sign of more to come over the next year. TWDC/ TDO is clearly not limited by respect for 'tradition'/ legacy, they do as they please :greedy:. (see any other current thread).

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Q4 usually shows a drop in attendance, the question is how much of a drop will there be since attendance has been soft all year. Enough to miss the earnings estimates? (Possibly, Brazilian visitation to Orlando is down 25%).

I fully expect them to miss estimate earnings - Q4 is going to be softer than people realize based on what I'm reading/seeing.

TTA94

So I wonder if they will be using projection mapping for MRFF? It will be a huge plus for the show if they do! NOT worthy of replacing MSEP... But it will be something!

Still wish they would announce FOF performances at night.

Ag11gani

So I wonder if they will be using projection mapping for MRFF? It will be a huge plus for the show if they do! NOT worthy of replacing MSEP... But it will be something

Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire with projection mapping? How will you see it, it'll be in broad daylight. Or did I miss that it is going to be preformed at night?

brb1006

No need to waste projection mapping on a silly castle show that is only performed once after sunset.
At least the former castle show Cinderella's Surprise Celebration was still entertaining since there was more stuff going on such as characters on the castle (Hook and Smee) and they handled the villains section much better than Dream Along With Mickey.

jrhwdw

OK, someone at TDO/MK just lost their minds!!! Just checked the calendar and MRFF's Later Schedule on non party days is gone! MRFF is back to their usual 10:30-5:15 schedule every day after 10/1!!! so there will be no Entertainment from the last Move It to CTM!

TDO/WDW, GET ROL open and GET MOVING ON MSEP's replacement!!!!!

Nmoody1

Well, just checked the calendar again, MK moved MRFF to afternoon/evening on non party days. Last show starts at 7:30, Should be interesting to see MRFF at night! It's not another parade but its something.

Its not something. It's a show you can watch throughout the day just performed at night. There should be a nighttime parade... It seems like WDW is going back to the post Light Magic dark days.... Someone call Paul Pressler... Bob Chapek has a job for him in Orlando!

jrhwdw

Its not something. It's a show you can watch throughout the day just performed at night. There should be a nighttime parade... It seems like WDW is going back to the post Light Magic dark days.... Someone call Paul Pressler... Bob Chapek has a job for him in Orlando!
Can't UOR get Magical Starlight up and running? This would be a golden opportunity and would kick TDO in the but!

GiveMeTheMusic

brb1006

The screenshot is fake. Let's put this to rest right now - Magical Starlight Parade has not been shipped to UOR. It is almost entirely made up on characters that UOR doesn't have the rights to use, and then the rest is public domain versions of Disney-esque fairy tales. If UOR ever gets a light parade, it will be a new build.
That's what I was thinking a new version of Magical Starlight but with Universal and Iluminations characters.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

I don't think you're supposed to mention those two names in the same sentence. Something about causing "an apocalypse" or "end of days" sort of thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom