Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

TP2000

PTN will end at Disneyland for the season tonight which is also the same night as the final showing of the Jungle Book show at AK.

Are the CM's in the DAK break room now posting on Facebook that the Jungle Book show will now go to Disneyland and PTN will be going to Animal Kingdom? :D

Cause that's what seems to have started this whole rumor in the first place; entry-level hourly CM's assuming there would be a night parade swap between Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland Park. :rolleyes:

Are the CM's in the DAK break room now posting on Facebook that the Jungle Book show will now go to Disneyland and PTN will be going to Animal Kingdom? :D

Cause that's what seems to have started this whole rumor in the first place; entry-level hourly CM's assuming there would be a night parade swap between Magic Kingdom Park and Disneyland Park. :rolleyes:

Lol doubt it. Just wishful fans thinking that parades at WDW weren't straight up dying, minus Wake it, Shake it, Festival of Fantasy, and holiday event parades. I'd love to see Paint the Night at WDW. I also miss the Jammin Jungle (and Jingle Jungle) parade at AK. It reminded me of the Mummers Parade in Philly.

I'm sad to see MSEP go, but I had hoped for either PtN or something new to quickly replace it. What can I say? I just really love a good nighttime parade:)

So strange. Why ship MSEP all the way out there for it to run a couple months then retire it? There was talk of DL refurbing MSEP... But again for what reason? Two light parades on property? Something is off on this whole thing. The only thing that does make sense is PTN needing some work.

I think they were hoping for the limited run nostalgia attendance bump while PtN gets a much needed refurb. But I still don't see why a new light parade for MK wasn't in the works.

The irony is that now that attendance seems to be flat, instead of investing to attract people while star wars land opens. They cost cuts..

They're currently in a bubble. They inflated ticket prices across the board, and while attendance dipped, they remained profitable because of the increases. However, Motley Fool is claiming that attendance has dipped lower than anticipated this summer and that the trend is continuing into the next quarter. I'm just amazed that they're not adding back parades and other entertainment to beef up the value, especially at HS and MK.

http://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2...ney-world-lost-this-summer.aspx?client=safari

TP2000

However, Motley Fool is claiming that attendance has dipped lower than anticipated this summer and that the trend is continuing into the next quarter. I'm just amazed that they're not adding back parades and other entertainment to beef up the value, especially at HS and MK.

http://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2...ney-world-lost-this-summer.aspx?client=safari

Yikes, that Motley Fool article is rather brutal. It also seems to back up the WDW info in the latest Miceage Update article from a week ago.

disney4life2008

It is really pathetic that the magic kingdom will be without a parade at night. To be fair, i would be excited if they did the afternoon parade at night. But i have a feeling they will promote going to the holiday parties more if you want to see a parade.

hpyhnt 1000

They're currently in a bubble. They inflated ticket prices across the board, and while attendance dipped, they remained profitable because of the increases. However, Motley Fool is claiming that attendance has dipped lower than anticipated this summer and that the trend is continuing into the next quarter. I'm just amazed that they're not adding back parades and other entertainment to beef up the value, especially at HS and MK.

That article perfectly sums up what members of these boards have been saying for the last 5 years. WDW just isn't the destination it used to be, or should be. The average guest has finally caught on to that. Question is - will Disney itself finally realize?

They better hope Avatar opens on time and is a hit. Otherwise, it's going to be a LONG couple of years at the resort because there's nothing else substantial coming online until SWL in 2019 (no, Dinorama: Toy Story Edition doesn't count in my book).

jrhwdw

It is really pathetic that the magic kingdom will be without a parade at night. To be fair, i would be excited if they did the afternoon parade at night. But i have a feeling they will promote going to the holiday parties more if you want to see a parade.

So would I, but MK needs to approve it and announce it! Or, surprise us but they're running out of time! More MRFF would be good too, or even more Trolley show. More Move It should be the last resort, IMO.

The big question is, will Attendance drop even further if MK keeps its current schedule and has no entertainment from 6PM to CTM/Wishes?

wdwfan22

So would I, but MK needs to approve it and announce it! Or, surprise us but they're running out of time! More MRFF would be good too, or even more Trolley show. More Move It should be the last resort, IMO.

The big question is, will Attendance drop even further if MK keeps its current schedule and has no entertainment from 6PM to CTM/Wishes?

I don't see attendance dropping because of a lack of parade. Magic Kingdom is still the most popular park with the most attractions. Some may hop in the evening to see one of the other shows, but that's about it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We just got back last night from DL and DCA (The DW did the Dumbo Double Dare out there over the weekend). I saw a decent portion of PTN on Sunday night with 2 of my boys and was truly amazed by it.

Long story short: The idiots running the show down there in Orlando DO NOT DESERVE to get a parade like Paint The Night. PERIOD. After experiencing DL and DCA, it's utterly pathetic what they have done with WDW, turning it from an extension of Walt's dreams into a money-grubbing, penny-pinching, soak-the-guests-as-much-as-possible cash-cow.

I'll end things there for now, because I can already feel my blood beginning to boil...

brb1006

We just got back last night from DL and DCA (The DW did the Dumbo Double Dare out there over the weekend). I saw a decent portion of PTN on Sunday night with 2 of my boys and was truly amazed by it.

Long story short: The idiots running the show down there in Orlando DO NOT DESERVE to get a parade like Paint The Night. PERIOD. After experiencing DL and DCA, it's utterly pathetic what they have done with WDW, turning it from an extension of Walt's dreams into a money-grubbing, penny-pinching, soak-the-guests-as-much-as-possible cash-cow.

I'll end things there for now, because I can already feel my blood beginning to boil...
Guests were even heard singing as they followed the parade for the final night of it's performance during the final day of the 60th Anniversary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom