Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Holidays have been lasting through marathon weekend. The castle lights and park decor stays up through marathon weekend. Christmas trees also stay up. They don't run holiday entertainment through the 10th tho.
Speaking of Castle Lights, aren't we about due for them or am I too early?

jrhwdw

Crane showed up behind the castle today ;)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but believe they've already started putting them up.

Crane was just spotted today. I don't know for sure if any were actually installed yet.

Thanks everyone!

I always forget the timing of when the crane shows up, and haven't seen it on here yet, Just making sure we don't have any more surprises coming our way! :)

brb1006

I hope for the final day of MSEP at WDW they might do a good sendoff to the parade for the finale showing like we seen a few CM's clapping as the America float was leaving Main Street from this video. Skip to 16:28 for that bit.

TTA94

If FOF does start having two performances, would they actually have a night performance? Or more like dusk?

If they did run FOF when it's dark do the floats actually have onboard lighting installed? or would they need to install it? Also would they possibly add colored lighting on the building rooftops? The hub already has the new towers...

PREMiERdrum

If FOF does start having two performances, would they actually have a night performance? Or more like dusk?

If they did run FOF when it's dark do the floats actually have onboard lighting installed? or would they need to install it? Also would they possibly add colored lighting on the building rooftops? The hub already has the new towers...

There are little outward-facing strobes built into the floats all over, but not really any directional or show lighting onboard. That would be provided by units along the route.

TTA94

If that is their plan to have FOF replace MSEPs time slot for a long period of time, then I hope they put some effect into adding more lighting along the route and to the floats.. But I won't hold my breath.

MagicHappens1971

If that is their plan to have FOF replace MSEPs time slot for a long period of time, then I hope they put some effect into adding more lighting along the route and to the floats.. But I won't hold my breath.
I know Disneyland used to play Soundsational at nighttime since they hadn't had a nighttime parade for a while before PTN. I think the lighting will be fine. FoF playing in place of a real nighttime parade? Not fine. But like you I won't be holding my breath for a new nighttime parade anytime soon, unless something miraculously changes.

brb1006

I just hope they finally add the word "Main Street" back on the drum float when it finally returns to Disneyland. Am I the only one baffled that they didn't even change the word "Disney's Electrical Parade" when it came back to WDW?
msep.jpg

rodserling27

I just hope they finally add the word "Main Street" back on the drum float when it finally returns to Disneyland. Am I the only one baffled that they didn't even change the word "Disney's Electrical Parade" when it came back to WDW?
msep.jpg
Yup, this has bothered the crap out of me for the last 6 years. Would have been really easy to do. But no, WDW is cheap, so they just rebranded it as "Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade," haha!

Ag11gani

msep.jpg

Apparently because the parade was still technically property of DL they couldn't change it.

imthewalrus79

msep.jpg
I believe it's been said that part of the agreement that Disney World had with Disneyland was that they wouldn't change anything with the parade. Of course, I bet Disneyland would have worded it differently if they had known how litterally TDO would take it! :D

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I really hope one of the reliable posters can come back and maybe clear this up. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's a bit disheartening when we have really good posters who have good information, and then don't come back when that information turned out to be wrong. I don't think anyone is mad at them (and I certainly can't - they can only go off what their sources say), but it would be nice if they could come back and add some clarity to this extremely muddy situation.

Disney has said that there are no plans to bring PTN to WDW. Obviously plans could change.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Disney has said that there are no plans to bring PTN to WDW. Obviously plans could change.

I understand that - but we had a few good posters who had info that it was the plan. I would really just like to know what happened if they know and can share. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom