Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I don't know what parade will end up in MK. But that is just an erroneous statement. There are already cars in MK. Maybe not Cars but cars nonetheless. How does one determine exactly what IP isn't appropriate to a castle park? Wouldn't any Disney or Pixar brand be appropriate? In DL it goes further with Star Wars and Marvel.
I wouldn't get upset about it if they went that route. It just doesn't quite feel right IMO.

Travel Junkie

Don't get me wrong, Dreamlights is a great parade too. This is just personal preference. I definitely understand why people like Dreamlights better than Paint the Night. What I don't understand are people that outright dislike Paint the Night.

The music for PTN is a very love it or hate it thing. The technology is great, but I dislike the music and the production design is pretty poor imo. MSEP and Dreamlights are far superior in production design and from an artistic standpoint. I don't think PTN is trying to be anything more than high energy fun. Nothing wrong with that, but that puts it below MSEP and Dreamlights in my book which connect on a different level.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You certainly have buzzwords and corporate speak down to a T.

Let me know if you need a letter of recommendation.
Indeed, I'm a corporate finance cubicle warrior. Once you've learned how to drive ROI by pursuing projects with maximum NPV to deliver a unique user experience and create value for your enterprise, it doesn't matter if it's AOP or 5YP or FYE or EOD, the synergies circle back from profit center to profit center and you can focus on your core competency as long as you don't suffer from paralysis by analysis.

We can take it offline if you'd like to drill down further.

JohnD

The music for PTN is a very love it or hate it thing. The technology is great, but I dislike the music and the production design is pretty poor imo. MSEP and Dreamlights are far superior in production design and from an artistic standpoint. I don't think PTN is trying to be anything more than high energy fun. Nothing wrong with that, but that puts it below MSEP and Dreamlights in my book which connect on a different level.

Just watched PTN. Nice parade. I liked how the MSEP theme was interwoven thought it. Some pop band is behind that music. Can't remember who. I agree not as memorable as MSEP.

technicole

Just watched PTN. Nice parade. I liked how the MSEP theme was interwoven thought it. Some pop band is behind that music. Can't remember who. I agree not as memorable as MSEP.
The band is Owl City - it's a good song, although I'm a bigger fan of the orchestral style music of Spectro for sure. PTN seems a little bit too much like a rave for MK, but I'm sure if we get it it'll still be a blast (hopefully)

brb1006

The band is Owl City - it's a good song, although I'm a bigger fan of the orchestral style music of Spectro for sure. PTN seems a little bit too much like a rave for MK, but I'm sure if we get it it'll still be a blast (hopefully)
The second nighttime parade that also is orchestrated is Fantillusion

brb1006

So I watched Dreamlights. It's a knockoff of MSEP. I admit I love that theme. But if they're going to pull MSEP then they should replace it with something dramatically different.
Dreamlights is actually suppose to be a "remake"/"retool" (In short an updated and version of the former parade) of MSEP and not a knockoff. Since the former electrical parade before Fantillusion was "Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade" which ran until 95. Hint the name "Dreamlights", complete with a Christmas version. It's also much longer and they would add new floats every few years and have a Christmas overlay.
electrical-parade-dreamlights-tokyo-disneyland.jpg

Last edited:

Buried20KLeague

Indeed, I'm a corporate finance cubicle warrior. Once you've learned how to drive ROI by pursuing projects with maximum NPV to deliver a unique user experience and create value for your enterprise, it doesn't matter if it's AOP or 5YP or FYE or EOD, the synergies circle back from profit center to profit center and you can focus on your core competency as long as you don't suffer from paralysis by analysis.

We can take it offline if you'd like to drill down further.

I own multiple companies (which @WDW1974 can attest to) and have people to do what you do for me.

My eyes roll back In my head when they speak similarly as they do when you do.

No thanks.

SosoDude

I watched an EXCELLENT quality video of Paint the Night ( thanks mousebits.com! ). I think it starts out nice, but the middle doesn't feel "special". Don't get me wrong, the floats are great looking, but don't seem to have that "magic". Maybe too much Pixar? Can't put my finger on it. The parade ends nice, with a cool Mickey float. This parade just does not feel like it would fit our Magic Kingdom. Maybe its the music?
Anyway, I said all of that to say I hope Orlando gets a NEW CLASSY (think Spectro- style) parade to replace MSEP instead of borrowing PTN for a "Limited Time Run" like we did MSEP.

Po'Rich

I, for one, am a little sad about this. Perhaps I'm going through the stages of mourning. Yesterday, I was shocked and then a bit angry. I scoured the boards looking for some mention of what would replace this parade. I found lots of speculation and conjecture, but there's just no solid news yet. So today, I'm just sad. I was starting to plan my next trip (for May 2017), and I realized that it would be without MSEP.

I know many of you say "good riddance," but I'm still fairly new to WDW (my first visit was in 2012. Since then, I've been just two more times). Yet, there was something quaint and joyful about MSEP that always made me smile. I have posted elsewhere about just loving the spinning snails. It's a happy parade. I've watched the videos about PTN (never having seen it in person), and it is much more visually impressive. However, it doesn't have the same feel. Technicole said that it felt a bit like a rave. I couldn't agree more. PTN does seem like the parade version of Move it! Shake it! To that regard, Dreamlights is more in keeping with the spirit of MSEP. Yet, insiders have stated that there's not much chance of that coming.

But I'm not just sad that MSEP is going as much as I'm sad that there is one more thing leaving without an identified replacement. When I first came in 2012, there were four parades. My favorite parade was the Jingle Jungle parade at DAK. I've read that it will probably never come back (it was posted here that DAK is not conducive to parades). Now, my next favorite parade is also gone...with no clear word of a replacement. Where there was once four parades, there's now only one.

One of the things (among many) that sets Disney part from other amusement parks is the amount of street entertainment. From Hollywood Studios' Streetmosphere to Epcot's entertainment groups to the parades, this unpaid for (or included in the admission) entertainment is part of what sets the atmosphere for WDW. I'm sad to see this aspect of the Disney experience diminished in any way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom