Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

TTA94

If PTN does end up coming to WDW, big if at this point, spring would be the earliest we would see if debut correct?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
If PTN does end up coming to WDW, big if at this point, spring would be the earliest we would see if debut correct?

I've read people saying as early as February (if there is a quick turnaround and the rehearsals don't take too long) to late spring/early summer. It will really just depend on if it comes and how fast WDW wants to push to have it ready. Remember - the faster they push for it to be ready, the more money it costs.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
From seeing the parade in person, there is something amazing about seeing Mack roll down the street...a full size looking lightshow that talks. People would constantly talk about how awesome something that large could maneuver through the park as well...I would hate to see this amazing float disappear from the parade.

if they would like to redo Tomorrowland Speedway to a Cars theme, I'd be willing to considering Mack in the parade if it ever came to wdw :)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I've read people saying as early as February (if there is a quick turnaround and the rehearsals don't take too long) to late spring/early summer. It will really just depend on if it comes and how fast WDW wants to push to have it ready.
You're assuming that work hasn't started yet. That might be true, but they could have been planning this for awhile and already begun AV and other show work.

Remember - the faster they push for it to be ready, the more money it costs.
Why would that be the case? They're not building anything. Moving a parade across the country is going to take a certain amount of time and rehearsals are going to take a certain amount of time. How would they accelerate either of those even if they wanted to?

Donaldfan1934

Getting PTN to fit better in Magic Kingdom Park would require Magic Kingdom Park to rethink and rework nearly it's entire vibe and scene. And that's gonna require a major executive shake-up in the TDO building.
If you're talking about MK's traditional vibes, I think DL has them even more so. That's a big part why I feel DL is often considered the best of the two since DL has done an overall better job of maintaining those vibes. Well, at least until they decided to jam in SWL. MK has yet to do anything that severe.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
You're assuming that work hasn't started yet. That might be true, but they could have been planning this for awhile and already begun AV and other show work.

Why would that be the case? They're not building anything. Moving a parade across the country is going to take a certain amount of time and rehearsals are going to take a certain amount of time. How would they accelerate either of those even if they wanted to?

Sorry, should have clarified - not talking about moving PTN - talking about if they pushed up the new night parade that has been rumored to be in the works for the 50th. If they wanted to move that forward, then yes I'm sure that project would require an accelerated timeline and budget to have it ready by late summer/early fall.

Edited to Add - also, if they move and debut PTN on short notice, the reason I said that may cost more than what they want is because it could require extra rehearsal time thus facilitating overtime payments to certain CM's. I don't know for certain, but I'm sure WDW doesn't like paying overtime.

_mickey_

Has anyone here that had a MEP Dining Reservation been contacted by Disney? Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what they're telling guests.

I read in another forum that some people at least had not yet been contacted about their now useless reservations, which seems careless on Disney's part. Or perhaps they are waiting to announce other dining package options (ROL)?

oceanbreeze77

February is way too fast of a turn around. Our holidays last typically until Jan 10. but Be prepared for a slightly longer wait. Adjustment time will be needed. A TON of our parade dancers despise ptn. Costumes are absolutely painful/dont work a lot.

MagicHappens1971

Well, hypothetically; at WDW the "holiday season" lasts til January 6-10ish, and if thats the same for DLR, PTN won't leave DLR until between Jan. 6-10th, and from what I can tell it would take a few weeks to get here, so if it is coming, once it gets all set up and such, I'd expect late Feb - early March. But again, it seems strange that Disney wouldn't confirm PTN is coming if it is.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Well, hypothetically; at WDW the "holiday season" lasts til January 6-10ish, and if thats the same for DLR, PTN won't leave DLR until between Jan. 6-10th, and from what I can tell it would take a few weeks to get here, so if it is coming, once it gets all set up and such, I'd expect late Feb - early March. But again, it seems strange that Disney wouldn't confirm PTN is coming if it is.
Not this year. January 1 is a Sunday and that next weekend is the Marathon.

JUFL2019

So WDW is going to eliminate some nighttime entertainment... and then increase the cost of the MVMCP??? Shouldn't we get a refund since there won't be a parade to watch on those nights???
MSEP doesn't run on party nights anyway. The parties aren't losing anything. And if you are referring to a normal day and getting a refund, nothing about purchasing your ticket has anything to do with being guaranteed any form of specific entertainment.

MagicHappens1971

Okay, so I know theres been a lot of going back and forth. Paint the Night isn't coming from Disneyland to MK right? I know most people said no and others speculated that it would. @marni1971? Anything you can share?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Okay, so I know theres been a lot of going back and forth. Paint the Night isn't coming from Disneyland to MK right? I know most people said no and others speculated that it would. @marni1971? Anything you can share?

I really hope one of the reliable posters can come back and maybe clear this up. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's a bit disheartening when we have really good posters who have good information, and then don't come back when that information turned out to be wrong. I don't think anyone is mad at them (and I certainly can't - they can only go off what their sources say), but it would be nice if they could come back and add some clarity to this extremely muddy situation.

tl77

It seems odd that Paint the Night is ending Sept 5th at Disneyland, and Main Street Electrical is ending Oct 9th... to go to Disneyland ...so like? what are they going to do with that brand new Paint the Night parade exactly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom