Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Curious was it really WDWs fault as far as maintenance and storage? Or just the fact the floats are old? I know they pretty much pushed MSEP out the parade gates twice every single night since 2010... which likely took a toll, but unlike DL, MK pretty much requires those two performances every night year round.
DL is getting there, MSEP has been twice a night since what March?

VJ

I was at Mk for the last show of the Msep and the floats looked fine noting like what they look now in DL so what could have happened is 1) It got damaged during shipping 2) Disneyland rushed to get the parade running or 3) WDW management got angry and caused damage to the floats when the parade ended.
WDW management totally got angry. They care so much, that WDW has no night parade currently! Such care, very wow.

brb1006

Agreed. That's exactly what Tokyo Disneyland has done for years, and it's very successful for them.

Anaheim management did a scaled down version of that for 2009 and their Summer Nightastic promotion that added a new float and LED's to the floats. But then it went to WDW and got cut up and kind of fell apart. The version they sent back to Anaheim six years later was messy.
Notable being the missing Pinocchio float. Also am I the only person who isn't fond of the parade lighting showing up at some parts of the park. It kinda of ruins the mood a bit.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was at Mk for the last show of the Msep and the floats looked fine noting like what they look now in DL so what could have happened is 1) It got damaged during shipping 2) Disneyland rushed to get the parade running or 3) WDW management got angry and caused damage to the floats when the parade ended.

The location that has no float maintenance facilities, combined with a climate that is horrific for exposed metal and wood which already destroyed one parade, and the MSEP parade floats, in your obviously expert opinion, "looked fine".

"Hello in there, Cliff. Tell me - what color is the sky in your world?"

HMF

The same way WDW treats all their stuff running it into the ground with minimal maintenance. Goes well with the 'Going out of Business' vibe that permeates WDW since 2012 or so
2011 was the worst year, IMO. and I felt the decline as far back as 2008 arguably before that even but it became glaringly obvious after I visited DLR in 2006. Haven't seen WDW the same way since.

InsideDisney

Anyone know how WDW is treating the FoF floats? Were they built to sustain the horrific climate? Lol. Of course not all the floats were new builds.
They are still in actually still in good shape.
The location that has no float maintenance facilities, combined with a climate that is horrific for exposed metal and wood which already destroyed one parade, and the MSEP parade floats, in your obviously expert opinion, "looked fine".

"Hello in there, Cliff. Tell me - what color is the sky in your world?"
Hello? But I was there on the last day and they looked pretty normal to me, When I watched the parade at disneyland this march it looked noting like it did in WDW...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They are still in actually still in good shape.

Hello? But I was there on the last day and they looked pretty normal to me, When I watched the parade at disneyland this march it looked noting like it did in WDW...

Maybe because DL REFURBED THEM BEFORE PUTTING THEM OUT?!?!?! :banghead: It's not as if TDO shipped them to California and they ran the parade the next day. But please, continue to post as if you're some kind of parade/parade float expert, and directly contradicting what posters with actual inside information say.

jrhwdw

I'll say this: I miss Pixie Dust Trail! Don't know why DL had to remove it , It looked just fine the first month in DL.

As far as floats look on stage, I haven't seen a float towed in a long time. Sometimes are there lights out, yes.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
All I'm saying is the parade looks far worse now than it has been on the last day at WDW so whatever your opinion is.. I'm basing it off the nighttime performances that they do.

So TDA took months to refurb the parade but, according to you, it's in worse shape now than it was on it's last day at WDW?

There's having an intellectual debate and then there's what you're doing - making things up, contradicting several insiders, claiming Twitter and tram drivers and a random, on-stage "parade exec" as sources of solid/reliable information... You can't be this obtuse accidentally, you have to be doing it deliberately. I think everyone in this thread will be doing themselves a huge favor if they added you to their 'Ignore' list. Adios, troll.

InsideDisney

So TDA took months to refurb the parade but, according to you, it's in worse shape now than it was on it's last day at WDW?

There's having an intellectual debate and then there's what you're doing - making things up, contradicting several insiders, claiming Twitter and tram drivers and a random, on-stage "parade exec" as sources of solid/reliable information... You can't be this obtuse accidentally, you have to be doing it deliberately. I think everyone in this thread will be doing themselves a huge favor if they added you to their 'Ignore' list. Adios, troll.
"Making things up" yea... Whatever you think It does look worse, If you look if you have eyes you can actually see cables sticking down off the drum float in Disneyland but ofc your lazy eyes can't :cat: Maybe if you looked at disneyland's behind the scenes you would think different kid.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Someone threw their toys out. That resulted in spring cleaning. Which is a pain.

@InsideDisney - if you're inside Disney, whereabouts? And did you delete your claim PTN (mark your words) is coming to WDW or did someone else?

You're new here, so be aware there are people on these boards who know what they're talking about. Play nice and enjoy your stay!

brb1006

All I'm saying is the parade looks far worse now than it has been on the last day at WDW so whatever your opinion is.. I'm basing it off the nighttime performances that they do.
At least MSEP still looks ten times better than how the WDW copy of MSEP was treated at Disneyland Paris years ago. Half of the floats were missing making this the shortest version of the parade out there and were out of order. It also very very empty.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Making things up" yea... Whatever you think It does look worse, If you look if you have eyes you can actually see cables sticking down off the drum float in Disneyland but ofc your lazy eyes can't :cat: Maybe if you looked at disneyland's behind the scenes you would think different kid.

o_O Me, a kid? I've been going to WDW since 1977. More importantly, I'm still waiting for your response to Martin's post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom