Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

jrhwdw

Because Fantasmic was down for refurb, Soundsational needed a refurb, Pixar Play Parade went down due to GOTG construction and they were running a shortened fireworks show. They wanted MSEP because they had no other parades in either park for a set period of time.
I'm guessing RDCT 2017 wasn't approved when they wanted MSEP?

Kman101

I have to give Disneyland credit. People flocked to see MSEP. Now with PTN having been off the schedule for a while, people are missing it and will flock back when it starts up again, in whatever park that may be (Disneyland or DCA -- sorry people it is NOT coming to MK, please stop the madness). It's good marketing, whether intentional or unintentional, it works in their favor. I think PTN is better suited for DCA but that's JMO. I love me some MSEP (though it's time to say bye bye) but I'd like to see PTN in person if I get back to California before the summer is over. Doesn't seem likely though I guess, I'm still trying to aim for next month. And PTN doesn't seem to be coming back yet :/

Wish they'd actually announce something

TTA94

I still find it fishy that DLR has yet to officially say anything regarding PTN one way or another. The only information we have is purely conjecture, rumors, and speculation. Fantasmic! has been closed for more than a year, but it was never taken down from the website like PTN. It's like it never even existed.

I agree it is strange. The only reason I can think of is they want everyone's attention and focus to be on MSEP being back at DL and the whole nostalgia thing.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I have to give Disneyland credit. People flocked to see MSEP. Now with PTN having been off the schedule for a while, people are missing it and will flock back when it starts up again, in whatever park that may be (Disneyland or DCA -- sorry people it is NOT coming to MK, please stop the madness). It's good marketing, whether intentional or unintentional, it works in their favor. I think PTN is better suited for DCA but that's JMO. I love me some MSEP (though it's time to say bye bye) but I'd like to see PTN in person if I get back to California before the summer is over. Doesn't seem likely though I guess, I'm still trying to aim for next month. And PTN doesn't seem to be coming back yet :/

Wish they'd actually announce something

They have the lack of annoucements is all that you need to know.

brb1006

I can't wait until MSEP finally ends it's run at DL and when DL finally announces the return of PTN. I just the whole PTN heading to WDW rumor to be put the rest. Another reason why I still won't forgive TDO for treating Spectromagic back in 2010.

drizgirl

To be fair, it wouldn't surprise me that they didn't want it for those reasons. Size and technicality usually = more expensive.
Plus I heard at least one of the components (maybe Mack the truck?) was too big for one of the turns. So the story isn't that out there.

EricsBiscuit

Several things: a parade is great for the bottom line because people stay in the park longer and spend more money! Also, I think the whole team Disney wherever approach to management is obsolete and they should scrap TDA and TDO and build a central management system that would do what's best for Disney as a whole, not just one resort. The way the company is run currently is not healthy competition, but more like spoiled siblings arguing for mommy and daddy's money. Completely ridiculous. They should invest where there is the most potential and better business climate and that is FL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom