Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

Vegas Disney Fan

How about not the parade not having another "limited" run after this. It's already showing it's age.
As a DL regular I'd love to see the MSEP used a few times a year in limited runs but I'm not sure it makes sense to store and maintain 2 parades. MSEP has been incredibly popular since coming back to DL so I do have a little hope though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This thread is almost a year old. If TDO cared, MK would already have a nighttime parade, TDO doesnt care and that's not changing anytime soon.

That's a really tired argument of the haters...

If TDO cared, they'd be giving out free ice cream. But, since they don't, TDO doesn't care!

You don't get what you want, you ignore all the other new stuff that comes at no extra upcharge, and then claim the management is corrupt because they're not doing what you want them to do.

Kman101

If TDO cared, they'd be giving out free ice cream. But, since they don't, TDO doesn't care!

You don't get what you want, you ignore all the other new stuff that comes at no extra upcharge, and then claim the management is corrupt because they're not doing what you want them to do.

You're not getting it.

Why don't they have a night parade then?

GiveMeTheMusic

In this case, it's valid. A light parade for MK has been pitched and designed - it would just need the greenlight. They're not starting from scratch, they're just putting it off. Their track record indicates that putting it off usually means never gonna happen, hence the pessimism. And in the meantime, TDO benefits from not having to pay 100 people minimum wage to step-touch-step-touch in lit up costumes each night.

jrhwdw

All that's needed is a severe earnings drop because of ESPN or some major fail on the movie side and everything in the swamps will come to a screeching halt and the 50'th will be lucky to get cupcakes.
If Disney would say drop ABC/ABC News, would that put more money into the parks or less?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Not in this case. Going back a bit...

MSEP replacement = SpectroMagic
Fantasy in the Sky replacement = Wishes!
SpectroMagic = dumpster, replacement = MSEP
Wishes! (and potentially Once Upon a Time) replacement = HEA
MSEP replacement = ???

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If Disney would say drop ABC/ABC News, would that put more money into the parks or less?

If dropping it meant increased EPS possibly more money would STAY with P&R, If dropping because of external competitive pressures LESS money for parks because the profit contribution to overall earnings would need to be 'made up'.

jrhwdw

If dropping it meant increased EPS possibly more money would STAY with P&R, If dropping because of external competitive pressures LESS money for parks because the profit contribution to overall earnings would need to be 'made up'.
I just want to know if ABC or their News is taking money out of the parks. Then, Disney doesn't need them!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You're not getting it.

Why don't they have a night parade then?

Not in this case. Going back a bit...

MSEP replacement = SpectroMagic
Fantasy in the Sky replacement = Wishes!
SpectroMagic = dumpster, replacement = MSEP
Wishes! (and potentially Once Upon a Time) replacement = HEA
MSEP replacement = ???

In an ideal world, Spectromagic would now be playing nightly. But I mentioned that it was WDW's fault that they ruined it. So I admit. WDW screwed up.

And so, they have no current night parade.

We know they accelerated HEA as a replacement (to placate) in the meantime. Martin mentioned that HEA leapfrogged ahead of a replacement for Illuminations. For some, it's not a replacement. For me and others, it's a darned good replacement since it is so very good.

Would I prefer a night parade in addition to HEA? Of course, yes. MSEP? No. It's horrid. Spectro is dead. There is no parade. And they can't just whip one up. We know it would be cheap and flimsy if they did and you all would be screaming about that.

We know a new one for the 50th is planned. I say let them take their time and get it done right.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I just want to know if ABC or their News is taking money out of the parks. Then, Disney doesn't need them!

Stock Buybacks are taking money out of the parks and the REST of Disney for that matter,

TWDC is on track to spend 10 BILLION or for the Brits 10 Thousand Million Dollars on stock repurchases. That would have nearly built TWO Shanghai Disneyland's or a streaming infrastructure to capture the next generation of entertainment consumers and it's concomitant 'on demand' nature.

That's CASH MONEY flowing OUT of Disney straight to Wall Street. All to do nothing but pump the stock price (and Leadership Compensation) at the peak of a overheated market.

TP2000

Just upgrade with LED and Modern light controllers, MSEP is the iconic DL Parade, The Parade who created all other night parades.

Agreed. That's exactly what Tokyo Disneyland has done for years, and it's very successful for them.

Anaheim management did a scaled down version of that for 2009 and their Summer Nightastic promotion that added a new float and LED's to the floats. But then it went to WDW and got cut up and kind of fell apart. The version they sent back to Anaheim six years later was messy.

InsideDisney

Agreed. That's exactly what Tokyo Disneyland has done for years, and it's very successful for them.

Anaheim management did a scaled down version of that for 2009 and their Summer Nightastic promotion that added a new float and LED's to the floats. But then it went to WDW and got cut up and kind of fell apart. The version they sent back to Anaheim six years later was messy.
I was at Mk for the last show of the Msep and the floats looked fine noting like what they look now in DL so what could have happened is 1) It got damaged during shipping 2) Disneyland rushed to get the parade running or 3) WDW management got angry and caused damage to the floats when the parade ended.

TTA94

They were anything but.

Curious was it really WDWs fault as far as maintenance and storage? Or just the fact the floats are old? I know they pretty much pushed MSEP out the parade gates twice every single night since 2010... which likely took a toll, but unlike DL, MK pretty much requires those two performances every night year round.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom