Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
and TDO loves you for that, this is exactly their line of thinking, and are hoping people will forget a light parade ever existed sadly. Just watch, the money earmarked for one for the 50th will end up going to something else.

If you've been following the thread on this, you'd know it's a lot more complicated than what you make it. MSEP is archaic and should be destroyed. WDW ruined Spectromagic (and here's their main failing). PtN belongs to and will be used by DL. Wishes was replaced by a super-plussed version for one of the best night shows in any of the parks. Building a new night parade needs to be budgeted and a new one should be the best in the world, not a cheap rush job. And if you think they're going to skimp on their 50th Anniversary celebration.... go ahead and think that. After seeing HEA, I don't know how anyone can think that.

GiveMeTheMusic

You know people??? So, people on Twitter, DL tram drivers, or both? Or maybe a parade exec at DL? Because that's what you're up against here, some serious inside sources of information about PTN. I mean, someone here said they heard that the PTN floats were boxed up and ready to ship somewhere, despite CA folks saying they saw the floats in the parade storage building 3 weeks ago.

Hard to compete with Twitter! I hear they gots the President now!

Kman101

and TDO loves you for that, this is exactly their line of thinking, and are hoping people will forget a light parade ever existed sadly. Just watch, the money earmarked for one for the 50th will end up going to something else.

Yep. I was saying the second they lost MSEP that they're probably happy they don't have a night parade anymore but I remember many didn't think so and shot that down. Well, look where we are ... and we're years away from the possibility of another one. They're hoping no one cares or notices. Red flags for folks should have gone up with how they treated SpectroMagic.

I too have my doubts we get a new parade for the 50th (I know our insiders say there's plans for ones but we all know plans can change). I hope to be pleasantly surprised though. HEA very much surprised me so I know they can. I know DL fans think PTN is the greatest ever but I hope if we do get a new light parade it aims a bit higher.

ToTBellHop

Yep. I was saying the second they lost MSEP that they're probably happy they don't have a night parade anymore but I remember many didn't think so and shot that down. Well, look where we are ... and we're years away from the possibility of another one. They're hoping no one cares or notices. Red flags for folks should have gone up with how they treated SpectroMagic.

I too have my doubts we get a new parade for the 50th (I know our insiders say there's plans for ones but we all know plans can change). I hope to be pleasantly surprised though. HEA very much surprised me so I know they can. I know DL fans think PTN is the greatest ever but I hope if we do get a new light parade it aims a bit higher.
I also fear the new parade getting canned. If HEA remains popular (it will) it would be easy to convince oneself that they can't have a parade crossing the Hub an hour before HEA.

TTA94

I also fear the new parade getting canned. If HEA remains popular (it will) it would be easy to convince oneself that they can't have a parade crossing the Hub an hour before HEA.

Well @marni1971 did say the hub redesign was intended for both a new nighttime show And new nighttime parade. I do fully believe TDO will purposely hold off on a parade until the 50th, if they can get away with it.

A interim parade would have been ideal... like FoF at night, but the ship with those plans on it has sailed I think lol.

Last edited:

doctornick

I'm less bothered by a lack of a light parade at MK than I am by the lack of any parade at DHS -- there's a park that has a desperate need for such entertainment during the day and has an unobstructed parade path and a parade building sitting there. Why the heck have they not put something there?

doctornick

Uh Oh...

Houston I think we have a problem.

Eh, there's a lot of time to change and re-change their minds about plans for the 50th entertainment. HEA just came out so we'll see how popular it remains after it has been around for a bit (I'd expect it to remain quite popular, mind you, but the new car smell certainly helps boost approval).

Certainly, I'd rather see a new light parade & HEA rather than a replacement for HEA but no light parade. Of course, since it's the 50th, a reasonable person can ask "why not both?"

Rteetz

Eh, there's a lot of time to change and re-change their minds about plans for the 50th entertainment. HEA just came out so we'll see how popular it remains after it has been around for a bit (I'd expect it to remain quite popular, mind you, but the new car smell certainly helps boost approval).

Certainly, I'd rather see a new light parade & HEA rather than a replacement for HEA but no light parade. Of course, since it's the 50th, a reasonable person can ask "why not both?"
It should be both or at the very least an updated HEA.

Kman101

I'm less bothered by a lack of a light parade at MK than I am by the lack of any parade at DHS -- there's a park that has a desperate need for such entertainment during the day and has an unobstructed parade path and a parade building sitting there. Why the heck have they not put something there?

Not sure why they can't combine the storm trooper march and the characters on the stage into a Star Wars parade.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If you've been following the thread on this, you'd know it's a lot more complicated than what you make it. MSEP is archaic and should be destroyed. WDW ruined Spectromagic (and here's their main failing). PtN belongs to and will be used by DL. Wishes was replaced by a super-plussed version for one of the best night shows in any of the parks. Building a new night parade needs to be budgeted and a new one should be the best in the world, not a cheap rush job. And if you think they're going to skimp on their 50th Anniversary celebration.... go ahead and think that. After seeing HEA, I don't know how anyone can think that.

I don't think they're likely to skimp on the 50th. However, with this "leadership" team, you never know when you're going to get one step forward followed by two steps back. Hopefully things can keep moving in the right direction but "cost containment" is always looming in the shadows. I could envision a scenario where Pandora, TSL, and SWL, plus a Rat attraction at Epcot, are deemed "enough" CapEx for the swamps for a while and everything opening now and in the next 2-3 years is what we get for the 50th. Plus cupcakes.

MagicHappens1971

This thread is almost a year old. If TDO cared, MK would already have a nighttime parade, TDO doesnt care and that's not changing anytime soon. Hopefully MSEP will wind up in a dumpster somewhere or will be "retired" for special events and limited runs, and PTN will run seasonally. TDA isn't giving TDO another parade to run to the ground, end of story.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't think they're likely to skimp on the 50th. However, with this "leadership" team, you never know when you're going to get one step forward followed by two steps back. Hopefully things can keep moving in the right direction but "cost containment" is always looming in the shadows. I could envision a scenario where Pandora, TSL, and SWL, plus a Rat attraction at Epcot, are deemed "enough" CapEx for the swamps for a while and everything opening now and in the next 2-3 years is what we get for the 50th. Plus cupcakes.

All that's needed is a severe earnings drop because of ESPN or some major fail on the movie side and everything in the swamps will come to a screeching halt and the 50'th will be lucky to get cupcakes.

brb1006

This thread is almost a year old. If TDO cared, MK would already have a nighttime parade, TDO doesnt care and that's not changing anytime soon. Hopefully MSEP will wind up in a dumpster somewhere or will be "retired" for special events and limited runs, and PTN will run seasonally. TDA isn't giving TDO another parade to run to the ground, end of story.
How about not the parade not having another "limited" run after this. It's already showing it's age.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom