Overrated Disney

Pioneer Hall

I think that Buzz, Pooh, and Test Track are over rated. Those rides are not worth the lines they get, and people make them sound like they are the greatest things in the world. I don't think that Test Track is worth the waits it gets. I never ride that ride without single riders.

I also think that Mission:Space might be like Test Track. Even though I know the ride is going to be state of the art, I think that it will have huge lines for a ride that might not be worth it. I guess we will have to wait untill march though for this.

JLW11Hi

Folks, if we got everyone registered on these boards to say the rides they think are overrated, I woudl bet EVERY ride/attraction Disney ever made would be put up here. Mabey not Tower of Terror, but after hearing that someone thought Indy at DL was overrated, then there is the possibility.

Please don't jump on peopel because of this, though. No one can please everyone all the time, and Disney knows this.

In my personal opinion, Roger Rabbit, Indy, and Fantasmic are all awesome. But I respect everyones opinion :)

Smee

My picks..

Animal Kingdom - Kali River Rapids, way to short/little excitement/not enough wet.

Magic Kingdom - Indy Cars, a lot of valuable space tied up in a noisy/slow go-kart track. May be a good time for little kids, but if your little kid enjoys go karts you can do much better at a Nascar Park, etc.

Epcot - Body Wars.

MGM - Backlot tour, time for rethinking/some new props,sets, etc.

Food - Wolfgang Puck, at least the dining room part. Indifferent service, uninspiring menu, I expected much better.

Show - Tarzan Rocks

I disagree with nearly everyone for a change!!!! LOL (I am going to be nailed) well, I really do not think anything is overrated....rating is just way too subjective...what works for you, may not work for me!!! If you like something and tell someone else....WOW this is great...try it!!! and they dont like it....then what happens??? That person may use one persons opnion to call it overrated. i may not be wowed by everything, but I do enjoy every spect of the parks.
I forsee a problem that may happen with Mission Space....I am predicting and this could go out the window if they did a slick job....MS involves spinning and that makes a lot of people sick....unless you really cannot feel the spinning.....people may not like this and feel this whole period of time we are hyping the ride was a waste of this overrelated ride!!! Now dont get me wrong, I cant wait for the ride...but who knows? Remember, Walt wants everyone to enjoy it...i know a woman....late 60's......Tower of Terror does not do it for her, nor Rock n Roller Coaster, but she loves Fantasmic and Illuminations....just way too subjective...I think vanilla ice cream is overrated....GO CHOCOLATE

wannabeBelle

Wel I personally am a Spumoni Italian Ice type of young lady!! Ice Cream it would have to be chocolate chip Mint!!! WOO HOO LOL LOL Belle
P.S. I agree with Monorail Black

wahooskipper

I ride Space Mountain because it is fun. I don't ride it because it is a tradition. There still are not a lot of parks where you can ride a GOOD indoor rollercoaster.

Becky

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
RobFL....WOW I always had gotten some of this but I am truly impressed at the depth of the symbolism. I thank you!!!
Happy Snapper.. I dont go to Disney exclusively for thrill rides. I live 1/2 hour from Great Adventure in New Jersey. If I wanted thrill rides only I would go there. I go to Disney for that out of this world and into a Fantasyland and yes I Am only 8 years old STILL (I am actually 37)feeling. If you want true thrill rides, you are correct there are far better places to go. If you want Magic, then come and see the World a la Walt Disney. Belle

:) :sohappy: Belle, I always thought you were a genius but this proves that you really are. Walt Disney World was designed, as was DL, for real children and those of us who will always be children each time we go.

I live midway between Cedar Point and Kings Island. If I want thrill rides I go to one or the other (CP if I am really in a coaster mood). But if I want to be a kid again (and I am older than you Belle )for a week I head for Walt Disney World.:D :cool: :sohappy:

I love Fantasmic. I would pay the price of getting in MGM for that alone. I actually will be paying even more as I will be doing the dinner and a show package.

Spectromagic, I love it too and again would pay just to see it.

RoE, I'd pay double for that!:sohappy: :D :cool:

Dawnie, the American Adventure! What can I say other than you must still be mad that your side lost! :D Just teasing. I loved my trip to the real UK a couple of years ago. Of course if Pam Broady is not playing at the Rose and Crown, Epcot UK, I skip UK.

Is anyone on here wrong. Nope. We just all enjoy different things and thanks to Walt Disney World's four parks we have so much to choose from.

JungleJim

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: Overrated Disney

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

Then don't go !!!!
Thankfully different people have different tastes. Personally I think that Fantasmic is brilliant.

Is it me or are some Disney fans SUPER SENSITIVE!? You can’t ask a simple question or ask for an opinion without a snappy remark!

Erika

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Overrated Disney

Originally posted by Merlin

Once again, that's exactly my point. Those people who go see it again and again are (in MY opinion) overrating it.

Oh! I must have misread your post. I thought you meant that they went through the 2 hour wait and were disappointed. My point was that it's not overrated to a person who will wait 2 hours multiple times.

wannabeBelle

I thank you all for the compliments. I am lucky to have stumbled onto such a great board and such awesome amazing people. The idea of a WDWMagic convention is just sounding better and better!! And let's not forget to tell Lilo about all of this. Im sure she will get a HUGE kick out of it!!! Belle

jrashadb

ugh... I absoloutely love Illuminations. It's such a great show. I love it when the fire comes out of the barges in the beginning. I remember the first time I saw reflections of Earth, I was speechless. I live about an hour and a half from Epcot and sometimes, I make the drive just to spend a couple of hours in Epcot and watch the fireworks.

:D :D :D

Lilo

Originally posted by Becky

I love Fantasmic. I would pay the price of getting in MGM for that alone. I actually will be paying even more as I will be doing the dinner and a show package.

Well I just tried to book the Fantasmic Dinner Show package. Guess what - you can only go to the 6 p.m. show with this package. Which means you go to the show and then afterward eat. I had wanted to go eat about 5:30 (I have a 6-year old) and then go to the 8 p.m. show. :brick: Even the girl at Disney was amazed that they won't include the 8 p.m. show in this package. Belle suggested I just make a PS for 5:30 for dinner alone and then go to the 8 p.m. show on my own.

Lilo

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I thank you all for the compliments. I am lucky to have stumbled onto such a great board and such awesome amazing people. The idea of a WDWMagic convention is just sounding better and better!! And let's not forget to tell Lilo about all of this. Im sure she will get a HUGE kick out of it!!! Belle

Thanks for not forgetting me Belle. I guess you can come over and watch Monsters, Inc. on my home theatre (we'll keep the men upstairs).:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom