Outer Rim...Closing

Scooter

Original Poster
I Just read in Deb Wills newsletter from a subscriber that The Outer Rim, the bar in Disney's Contemporary Resort will be closing on July 13th. A much smaller bar is set to open at a later date.
I can't confirm this mind you, I just read it so if it's not true don't shoot me please.

wdwfan100

Sure Close PI, The AC and then start severely limiting the bars that are at the resorts. Did I miss the "lets tick off all the people who drink memo"?:shrug:

Sorry that was just reactionary.

Swoosh

Did I miss the "lets tick off all the people who drink memo"?

You mean the shutdown all of World Showcase too? Please there is more than enough spots there that you can "get your drink on". Just jump on the GD monrail and go to Epcot if you need to pickle yourself so badly while at MK. :fork:

wdwfan100

You mean the shutdown all of World Showcase too? Please there is more than enough spots there that you can "get your drink on". Just jump on the GD monrail and go to Epcot if you need to pickle yourself so badly while at MK. :fork:

It had nothing to do with pickling myself while I was at the MK or any other park for that matter. However I do like the Outer Rim lounge. Couple that with the events that I mentioned in my post and you'll see I was expressing my displeasure. Thanks for the tip though. Maybe a coctail mid-day would come in handy.

PhotoDave219

Ya know, its people like you who make it necessary to have to have a drink at Disneyworld.... GFYM :fork:

hemloc

The Food and Wine festival will probably just become the Food Festival by the end of the year at the rate things are changing....:fork:

Who are these 'tards who said they wanted more family friendly options, anyways??

wdwfan100

The Food and Wine festival will probably just become the Food Festival by the end of the year at the rate things are changing....:fork:

Who are these 'tards who said they wanted more family friendly options, anyways??

Yeah. Instead of a glass of wine, they will hand you some grapes in a cup. :ROFLOL:

PigletIsMyCat

If this is true, I'm really going to be upset. This is Mr. PigletIsMyCat and my favorite spot to drink in all of Disney!!

So. All the bars at PI will be closing... bars in resorts may start closing... we may be visiting Disney property less and less now. We went for a drink at Outer Rim at least two times a month. Love the Pomegranate Martini, and no other bar that I've found does it as nicely as Outer Rim.

:cry:

LongtimeReader

Holy cow, let's not overreact. They JUST opened a rather large new bar 2 escalators away from the Outer Rim. I liked the lounge and the views, but lets not start yelling "prohibition!" in a crowded pub here.

RHeath2

Drats, ever since I turned 21, I wanted to grab a drink at the Outer Rim. Now my trip to do that will be 9 days too late :(

disneymyway

Holy cow, let's not overreact. They JUST opened a rather large new bar 2 escalators away from the Outer Rim. I liked the lounge and the views, but lets not start yelling "prohibition!" in a crowded pub here.

Maybe they just want to get the drunks away from the happy little Chef Mickey goers.

I just hope they don't put a gift shop in that space. That would tick me off.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Maybe they just want to get the drunks away from the happy little Chef Mickey goers.

I just hope they don't put a gift shop in that space. That would tick me off.

Yes, and there are always a ton of totalled adults staggering out of the Outer Rim, Tambu Lounge and Mizner's....:brick:
:zipit:

disneymyway

Yes, and there are always a ton of totalled adults staggering out of the Outer Rim, Tambu Lounge and Mizner's....:brick:
:zipit:

I know I am! Just kidding.

Seriously, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were parents who complained about having to go past the lounge to get to Chef Mickey's. Who knows what debauchery they might witness!:ROFLOL:

Kelsybelle

Wow, be careful! I don't think there is anything wrong with enjoying a cocktail or 2 or as you put it "get your drink on" (who says that?!) One of the greatest things about being in WDW is there is no need to ever hop in your car and drive around, Disney transportation rocks! I never read anything about anyone wanting to pickle themselves anywhere in the previous posts.
The Outer Rim has been in the Contemporary for a long time and was a great place to sit and have a cocktail. Now with the Wave open and new bar in place it's obvious why The Outer Rim is going bye, bye!

Oh, and I agree with those who don't want another gift shop!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom