Trip Report Our "It's 'Disney' real" June 2016 trip

We're back!!:(:( We had a fantastic time with some not so fantastic moments thrown in, but what trip doesn't have those!

For those of you that haven't read my pre-trip report, here is a quick synopsis:
Who: Me (Amy), my husband Brian, and our kids Logan (13), Lily (11), and Owen (8)
What: 10 day trip with free dining
When: June 2-11, 2016
Where: Caribbean Beach resort

Unfortunately, our flight was set to leave from Columbus at 5:30am. We live in Dayton, which is a little over an hour away from Columbus, so my goal was to leave our house by 3am on Thursday, June 2. We made it!!

Everyone was very excited!

We made it to the airport before the security check even opened!:eek: By the time we got our bags checked in to Southwest, we only had to wait a few minutes to get through security.
We were in early boarding group A, so we were on the plane in no time! Still excited!

We got to see the sun coming up once we were in the air.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We had a little time before our next FP+, so we headed to Star Wars Launch Bay.

We got in line to meet Chewie.

This was a fantastic meet and greet. Chewie was very upset that Owen had Boba Fett on his shirt, that Logan had a stormtrooper on his MagicBand, and that Brian had Darth Vader on his MagicBand! It was very funny!! He kept shaking his head, throwing his hands over his head, and leaning over the dashboard on the backdrop!

[URL=http://s1207.photobucket.com/user/aclingner/media/2016%20Disney/DHS%20day%201/PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_7706689086_zpsvvg5m91t.jpeg.html]

PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_386153933845_zps60iqde0c.jpeg
[/URL]

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We found this during our hunt for the Disney Visa meet and greet. Not sure what Owen was pouting about!

This meet and greet was just as good as the one with Chewie! I don't know what exactly was being said between Kylo Ren and the kids, but it must have been good!

This is not the best picture, but Kylo Ren flat out told them to leave:

And then he followed them all the way down the hallway! It was fantastic!
A few pics on the way out:

So, fantastic meet and greets, but otherwise just a nice distraction! I won't be sorry if it goes when Star Wars Land finally opens.

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Lily and Owen both voluntarily got in line with me (again, I think there was some behind my back bribery that happened), but once we got in to the boiler room, Owen was almost in tears. I knew he would love it, so I kept encouraging him to give it a try. Now, if he had been adamant about not riding it, I would have let him and Brian use the chicken exit, but he got on.
Unfortunately, you can't really see Owen in the ride pic, but I'm sure he looked terrified! However, he loved it and couldn't wait to ride again with me.

We took a quick break to rehydrate, then we checked out some of the shops, more for the AC than to actually buy anything!
Then it was time for our last FP+.

Brian was thrilled with the "snow"!!

This was a surprisingly fantastic show! Everyone but Lily complained when they heard I had made this FP+, but everyone enjoyed it. The storytellers/narrators were wonderful. There was just enough non-offensive adult humor to hold our attention. Brian even commented on how much he enjoyed it!
While we were waiting to enter the theater, I had made another FP+ for us for:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We were really close to being late for our ADR after this, but we made it with like 30 seconds to go! (I do know that it didn't really matter, but I can't stand being late for anything!!)

We could see the characters, but couldn't judge how long it would take them to get to us, so I sent Brian up with the kids to get food, while I stayed at the table to alert them if Goofy got close. They made it, but I didn't have time to fill my plate yet, then Minnie and Donald came one right after the other, so I didn't get to eat for awhile. Man, I sure hope the kids appreciate what we go through for them!;)

Finally got some food!

It was good, not fantastic, but good. Later that night, we decided as a family to cancel our Wed. night ADR for the summer dinner, as we weren't impressed enough to repeat it!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
The kids decided to use our extra FP on RnRC, so we headed that way.

After looking more closely, I think these PP pics were taken earlier in the day, but I'll go ahead and include them now instead of editing my previous post since they fit in here!:oops:

I told you, I cannot go through this queue without taking pics:

Once again, enjoyed by all!

Another PP stop. This one had a totally out of focus picture associated with it, but luckily, there were some good ones too!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We were all pretty spent since we hadn't taken an afternoon break, so we headed on into the theater for Fantasmic! We were so intent on getting to our seats that I didn't even take any pics! :oops:
I finally remembered to take one as Logan and I were waiting in line for snacks!

I had to get one last ToT pic for the night!

Logan ate the ear off before I could get a picture!!

There was a nice breeze, so we enjoyed just sitting and waiting for the show to start!

We exited quickly and made our way to the bus stops. We may have had good transportation luck that morning, but it didn't carry over to that night! We watched 4 Pop Century buses come before one of ours showed up. Not everyone was able to get on, so who knows how long it was before another bus showed up. It seemed to be like that almost every night, plenty of Pop and AoA buses, but minimal ones for the moderate resorts!

mousefreak

We were the second group at our turnstile. I passed the time by taking pics:

We were discussing our plan of attack while standing there. Originally, we had planned that 1 of us would take Logan to ride RnR and the other would take Lily and Owen to ride Toy Story. Well, while we were standing there, Lily and Owen decided they wanted to try RnR. Brian was thrilled, as that is one of his favorite rides!
It was 8:30, and we could tell they were getting ready to let people through the turnstiles. We were approached by a CM and adked if we wanted to be the Trolley Car Family of the Day. We said sure! It entailed opening the Starbucks!
I was able to get a few pics as we were lead down the street to Starbucks.

Once there, we entered the building to applause from all the CMs, and the kids got to "flip all the switches" on the trolley car board.

We were given a free beverage each! Unfortunately, Brian and I are not coffee drinkers, so we chose bottles of Coke, the boys got milk. Lily at least chose some frozen concoction! We also received We're Celebrating pins that said we were the Trolley Car Family of the Day, and 2 extra Fastpasses. One was the yellow slip they hand out that have to be used that day, and one was a rider swap return where 5 people could use it for the next 10 days (I think)!
This was our view when we exited Starbucks:
Trolley Car Family of the day! Awesome! Great tr and love your photos!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Really liked your photos of Fantasmic. (I haven't watched the show in years--looks like it's a bit sharper now from what I remember. I think at one point, some years back, they were "refurbishing" it a bit because it was needed.) Your photos captured some very clear images. That bodes well for the quality of the current show.

As others have stated, I'm also impressed with the fact that your family was chosen to be the Trolley Car Family of the Day! :happy: (Over the years, I've read a number of TRs, and I really can't recall any other forum member mentioning that distinction.)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Really liked your photos of Fantasmic. (I haven't watched the show in years--looks like it's a bit sharper now from what I remember. I think at one point, some years back, they were "refurbishing" it a bit because it was needed.) Your photos captured some very clear images. That bodes well for the quality of the current show.

As others have stated, I'm also impressed with the fact that your family was chosen to be the Trolley Car Family of the Day! :happy: (Over the years, I've read a number of TRs, and I really can't recall any other forum member mentioning that distinction.)
Thanks! I am a little upset with my camera's ability (or lack thereof) to get pics at night! I'm glad I was able to get a few good ones!

I had no idea they did a Trolley Car Family of the Day either! I was totally surprised when she approached us!

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I noticed the Muppet shop was a bit different too. Seemed to me like they had fewer Muppet things inside!
I agree! The only reason I really noticed things were different was because Animal is my husband's favorite, and that display was moved!! I felt like there were a lot fewer Muppet things. I felt like, with the exception of AK and Epcot WS, I was looking at the same things over and over regardless of which store I was in. I was very disappointed!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I agree! The only reason I really noticed things were different was because Animal is my husband's favorite, and that display was moved!! I felt like there were a lot fewer Muppet things. I felt like, with the exception of AK and Epcot WS, I was looking at the same things over and over regardless of which store I was in. I was very disappointed!
I also noticed the same thing our last few trips:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom