Our first day at the Disney World....ever... does this sound feasible?

ob1thx1138

This is a cut/paste from my planning spread sheet for our first day. Which is Sunday June 27, 2010. If you would please look it over and let me know if I am planning too much or if my times are not very feasible. The touring schedule is basically the first day of the two day touring plan from the touring plans web site. The times are built around ADRs for Raglan Road and HDDR. Any chance we will get to see all of these attractions?

5:00:00 AM Get up Kissimmee Baymont Pack and load van
5:45:00 AM Breakfast Kissimmee Fast Food, maybe hotel
6:45:00 AM Leave Kissimmee Baymont
7:00:00 AM Arrive Port Orleans Riverside Check in, get tickets, let the magic begin
7:45:00 AM Bus Terminal Port Orleans Riverside Get on bus to Magic Kingdom
8:15:00 AM Bus Terminal Magic Kingdom arrive and see the Rope Drop
9:00:00 AM Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
Magic Kingdom Space Mountain FP
Magic Kingdom Buzz Lightyear FP
Magic Kingdom Many adven of Whinnie the Pooh FP
Magic Kingdom Peter Pans Flight FP
Magic Kingdom Philharmagic FP
Magic Kingdom Small World
Magic Kingdom Haunted Mansion
1:00:00 PM Magic Kingdom Be at the Bus Terminal for DTD
2:30:00 PM Down Town Disney Lunch at Raglan Road
3:00:00 PM Down Town Disney Room Should be ready
4:00:00 PM Port Orleans Riverside move into room and rest or swim
8:00:00 PM Port Orleans Riverside Get on Bus to Magic Kingdom
8:30:00 PM Magic Kingdom Arrive at Bus Termianl head to marina
9:00:00 PM Magic Kingdom Get on Boat to Fort Wilderness
9:30:00 PM Fort Wilderness Hoop De Doo Review
11:30:00 PM Fort Wilderness Get on Boat to Magic Kingdom
12:00:00 AM Magic Kingdom Fun till we get tired
Magic Kingdom Hall of Presidents
Magic Kingdom Country Bear Jamboree
Magic Kingdom Tom Sawyer Island
Magic Kingdom Stitches Great Escape FP
Magic Kingdom Tomorrowland Transit Authority
2:00:00 AM Magic Kingdom Park Closes

Thanks for your feed back. Oh and I do have one concern with travel. Can I travel from MK to DTD via bus or would I have to change over at a resort. In which case I guess I should just walk to Contemp and catch the bus to DTD there....right...???

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm tired just looking at your schedule! :lol: Keep in mind that you can only have one FP at a time so you will have to wait standby for a lot of those attractions you listed in the morning. I would recommend going directly to Space Mountain at rope drop and either ride it (if the line is still short) or get an FP. While you are waiting for your FP time to come along you can ride Buzz or Stitch stand by. Also, a majority of the time FPs aren't needed for Stitch or Philharmagic.

Double check what attractions are open during EMH as well. Tom Sawyer Island definitely won't be open once it gets dark and I am not positive that the Hall of Presidents remains open either. However, a lot of what you listed to do during the day IS going to be open late at night so maybe switch something out. :shrug:

As far as your times are concerned just keep in mind that using Disney transportation can be time consuming. It seems like you have allowed yourself at least 1.5 hours in most cases though so it should be ok. The best advice I can give is just to enjoy yourselves! Disney World isn't going anywhere so it's not the end of the world if you can't get everything done. Just prioritize your must-see attractions and everyone will walk away happy. Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

wolf359

Hmmmm...you seem to have a day planned with over 21 hours of activities.

That is insane.

There's a nine hour gap between breakfast and lunch, but only a six hour gap between lunch and dinner. I guess you plan on snacking a lot too.

Personally, I wouldn't waste so much time leaving the Magic Kingdom twice for dining if you are really concerned about seeing the major attractions. The end of June is going to be pretty busy and I think you'll do a fair amount of standing in line. Adding in the stress of leaving and coming back twice for meals seems like a recipe for disaster.

I would recommend this as a more realistic alternative:

Be at the Magic Kingdom in time for rope drop.

Head directly to Splash and Thunder Mountain...Splash will have really long lines throughout the day and Thunder Mountain's queue is like an oven in the heat of the day. See Tom Sawyer's Island now as well, since it closes at dusk.

Work you way back across the Magic Kingdom towards Tomorrowland, either back through Adventureland to see Haunted Mansion and Pirates, or through Fantasyland seeing Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Pooh, and Small World.

Save theater shows like Hall of Presidents, Philharmagic, and Carousel of Progress for the heat of the day if possible, .

Get Fastpasses for Space Mountain and then eat lunch at Cosmic Ray's. See the rest of the attractions in Tomorrowland before taking a break to go to your hotel to check in and take a nap.

Consider having dinner at your resort before you return to the Magic Kingdom, or otherwise make a reservation for a restaurant IN the Magic Kingdom.

If you're back by 8pm you should be able to take advantage of people lining up to see the parade and have slight shorter lines at the attractions. During the evening you'll still encounter lines, but the crowd should begin thinning significantly after the second parade at 11pm.

For reference, here's Disney's list of attractions open during EVENING Extra Magic Hours

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Haunted Mansion
"it's a small world"
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Stitch's Great Escape!
Tomorrowland Speedway

Dining Locations

· Casey's Corner
· Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe
· Pecos Bill Cafe

Upvote 0

JohnLocke

It looks fairly feasible, though some of the stuff you want to do when you go back won't be open.

As someone else said, you can only have one FP at a time, but for most of those you probably won't really need a FP, granted I haven't been during the summer in a long time, and I don't think I've ever been in June. Buzz, Haunted Mansion, and It's a Small World are fairly high capacity and generally have lines that move at a steady pace, since they hardly ever stop. You definitely want to do Space Mountain first, it, Peter Pan, and sometimes Winnie the Pooh generally have the longest wait times of those you listed. Philharmagic is pretty much going to be mainly the wait between shows more than anything else.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's replies.

The FP references are there just let me know which ones offer FP (I copied the schedule out of my excel spread sheet and just removed the ADR #s). Sadly the meals are pretty well set in stone. We planned and reserved the meals months ago before I started reading a lot and now we are pretty well locked into the times. I have tried moving times throughout the week, but every where we want to eat is now booked up. I can now see why some people don't like the DDP. But we have decided to just go with the flow this trip and do better scheduling on the next trip (eg.. not going to schedule a character breakfast for 6 of 8 mornings next trip....)

As for events not being open when we get back...well that is something we will just have to move to our second or third day at MK (FYI we are staying 8 days). So I figured we would work through all we could using the touring plan as a guide and things we don't have time for we can simply see on another day. If we run out of things on the list that are open then we can move on to some of the bigger ticket items from the second day of the touring plan and be that much ahead on that day.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

What kind of illegal substances are you on - 21 hours on your first day !!!! and you've still got 7 more days :snore:
Perhaps this should have been posted in the "Running at Disney" section - this is a vacation NOT a marathon.

Replan,

Slowdown

Less is more

ENJOY

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Oh my gosh! Why not go in the park and send someone back to SM for a fast pass and then begin in Adventureland and do all the things you care to see or do and end up in Tomorrowland. If theres a long line, use a fast pass or skip and return to that evening. I'd not take all the time to go to Raglan Road for lunch but rather book something in the MK. You need to relax some and go with the flo and enjoy the day. :)

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

You will need a vacation from your vacation. Take it from me and the other posters....SLOW DOWN. Less is truley more. You will not enjoy day 2 after a 21 hour day 1. My motto is if you dont see everything you wanted then why not start planning the next trip and do things you did not get too or new things on the next trip. Good Luck!!! PS Ragland Road is an AWESOME place to eat....we just love it. :wave:

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

This part right here
Seems like a lot to do. Especially because they are in different lands. Philharmagic, Small world and Haunted mansions lines normally are very fast. You might not get to do Peter pan, Buzz, space, and pooh. You could definatly do some but maybe not all. If you can. I would fast pass peter pan and space when you got there. we did this and it saved us tons of time! Pooh sometimes has a long line during the morning/ middle of the day so if you don't make it then, go after. It open and there is rarely a line. Same with Buzz. Hope this helps a little

Upvote 0

heartodisney

This is a cut/paste from my planning spread sheet for our first day. Which is Sunday June 27, 2010. If you would please look it over and let me know if I am planning too much or if my times are not very feasible. The touring schedule is basically the first day of the two day touring plan from the touring plans web site. The times are built around ADRs for Raglan Road and HDDR. Any chance we will get to see all of these attractions?

5:00:00 AM Get up Kissimmee Baymont Pack and load van
5:45:00 AM Breakfast Kissimmee Fast Food, maybe hotel
6:45:00 AM Leave Kissimmee Baymont
7:00:00 AM Arrive Port Orleans Riverside Check in, get tickets, let the magic begin
7:45:00 AM Bus Terminal Port Orleans Riverside Get on bus to Magic Kingdom
8:15:00 AM Bus Terminal Magic Kingdom arrive and see the Rope Drop
9:00:00 AM Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
2:30:00 PM Down Town Disney Lunch at Raglan Road
3:00:00 PM Down Town Disney Room Should be ready
4:00:00 PM Port Orleans Riverside move into room and rest or swim
8:00:00 PM Port Orleans Riverside Get on Bus to Magic Kingdom
8:30:00 PM Magic Kingdom Arrive at Bus Termianl head to marina
9:00:00 PM Magic Kingdom Get on Boat to Fort Wilderness
9:30:00 PM Fort Wilderness Hoop De Doo Review
11:30:00 PM Fort Wilderness Get on Boat to Magic Kingdom
12:00:00 AM Magic Kingdom Fun till we get tired
Magic Kingdom Hall of Presidents
Magic Kingdom Country Bear Jamboree
Magic Kingdom Tom Sawyer Island
Magic Kingdom Stitches Great Escape FP
Magic Kingdom Tomorrowland Transit Authority
2:00:00 AM Magic Kingdom Park Closes

Thanks for your feed back. Oh and I do have one concern with travel. Can I travel from MK to DTD via bus or would I have to change over at a resort. In which case I guess I should just walk to Contemp and catch the bus to DTD there....right...???
picture.php
First of all, checking in might take longer, might be shorter, depending on who is checking you in and how many are before you. We have been blessed before for a short check-in, I hope you do too. Second, relax and take ALL the sites in...even walking to your bus..it can be a treat at the resort you are staying at, we have bben there and you will like it! We were so excited the first day that we wanted to go to Mk that I got us on a bus for DTD...had to ride back to catch another! Just do what you can, the list is great, but sometimes you have to fall off of it...but if I were you, do not miss the rope drop, have your camera ready..we LOVED IT! Have a great trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
I think a little more explanation is needed. LOL First of all we do not plan on staying up a full 21 hours. The closing time is simply there as a reference for me to know when the park closes, I am sure we or the kids will fall out before then. Also the ride list and order are a direct copy and paste from the touring plans web site for the date of our first day with the mid day break placed somewhere close to the middle. I am not sure which will be our last attraction before we head to DTD and to unpack when our room is ready. The ammount of "stuff" we get done in the parks will be directly related to how much fun we are having. If someone gets hot or tired we will take a break. I know we will not get to do everything on this first visit, but in case things go perfectly this is the order we will see them in. I also have a list of attractions that we MUST see and if we cant get to them on the first days then we will try to get them in on the third day at MK. If not then...well it will just have to wait until the next trip.

My idea of the way the first few attractions is will go down is like this. We will be there for rope drop so hopefully we can get SM out of the way, then hit buzz and probably get a fast pass at either pooh or pan and wait in line for the one we did not get the FP for. If we don't beat the rush to SM then we will FP it and move on to buzz.

So do you guys not use the Unofficial Guides touring plans? Are they not worth it? I bought the book and signed up for the web site because a friend of ours said it made their second trip to DW twice as productive as their first.

I am planning on doing the online check in and was hoping the combination of that and the fact that I am checking in so early would lead to little or no wait. I know there is almost no way for the room to be ready at that early hour, but we can get the room when we take our mid day break.

Again thanks for all the great feed back and please keep it coming. It really helps.

Upvote 0

dizneykev

Ok, I have a suggestion, why are you not driving your vehicle to and from the different places you need to go? Relying on bus service when you have a tight schedule seems like "vacation suicide" to me. If you truly get to the MK that early, you will most likely have a very favorable parking spot. So, you can either walk to the TTC, or hop on the tram and ride up. Then, when you need to leave for the next part, you can do it much more quickly. I would say that anytime I needed to catch a bus to go somewhere, I plan on it taking at least 45 minutes each way. It really depends on how long you have to wait for the initial bus.

One piece of advice, when you leave the MK in the afternoon, make sure you have not left a fast pass. What I mean is, be sure to grab a fast pass before you leave for whatever your big attraction is for the evening. Even if you are not going to be back during the "window", the cast members will still allow you to use them.

Just my $.02.

Dizneykev

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I'd grab lunch in MK and spend maybe an hour or 2 in MK after lunch, then head back to your resort - I think the trek to DTD just for Raglan will be too much.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

I think a little more explanation is needed. LOL First of all we do not plan on staying up a full 21 hours. The closing time is simply there as a reference for me to know when the park closes, I am sure we or the kids will fall out before then. Also the ride list and order are a direct copy and paste from the touring plans web site for the date of our first day with the mid day break placed somewhere close to the middle. I am not sure which will be our last attraction before we head to DTD and to unpack when our room is ready. The ammount of "stuff" we get done in the parks will be directly related to how much fun we are having. If someone gets hot or tired we will take a break. I know we will not get to do everything on this first visit, but in case things go perfectly this is the order we will see them in. I also have a list of attractions that we MUST see and if we cant get to them on the first days then we will try to get them in on the third day at MK. If not then...well it will just have to wait until the next trip.

My idea of the way the first few attractions is will go down is like this. We will be there for rope drop so hopefully we can get SM out of the way, then hit buzz and probably get a fast pass at either pooh or pan and wait in line for the one we did not get the FP for. If we don't beat the rush to SM then we will FP it and move on to buzz.

So do you guys not use the Unofficial Guides touring plans? Are they not worth it? I bought the book and signed up for the web site because a friend of ours said it made their second trip to DW twice as productive as their first.

I am planning on doing the online check in and was hoping the combination of that and the fact that I am checking in so early would lead to little or no wait. I know there is almost no way for the room to be ready at that early hour, but we can get the room when we take our mid day break.

Again thanks for all the great feed back and please keep it coming. It really helps.

You can go by the "guide"..but there will be moments that will be "magical"...and you will be glad for it and treasure those..it is great that you have a list to go by, I always do too..ya just have to vary from it time to time! Keep the list and modify it all the time...sometimes making the list can be as fun as the parks themselves, keep the list as a momento with all you did get to do! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
This part right here
Seems like a lot to do. Especially because they are in different lands. Philharmagic, Small world and Haunted mansions lines normally are very fast. You might not get to do Peter pan, Buzz, space, and pooh. You could definatly do some but maybe not all. If you can. I would fast pass peter pan and space when you got there. we did this and it saved us tons of time! Pooh sometimes has a long line during the morning/ middle of the day so if you don't make it then, go after. It open and there is rarely a line. Same with Buzz. Hope this helps a little

What we might do is, if Peter Pan and Pooh both have long lines then we might FP one and then move on and get the other one when we come back for the evening and try to get in the stuff that will not be open once we get back in the evening. But that being said, those two attractions are not on our "don't miss" due to our kids being older. They are on the second tier though simply because of the charm and "Disneyness" of them. But then again, once we get there our 8 year old might turn into a character frenzied 5 year old. LOL

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Ok, I have a suggestion, why are you not driving your vehicle to and from the different places you need to go? Relying on bus service when you have a tight schedule seems like "vacation suicide" to me. If you truly get to the MK that early, you will most likely have a very favorable parking spot. So, you can either walk to the TTC, or hop on the tram and ride up. Then, when you need to leave for the next part, you can do it much more quickly. I would say that anytime I needed to catch a bus to go somewhere, I plan on it taking at least 45 minutes each way. It really depends on how long you have to wait for the initial bus.

One piece of advice, when you leave the MK in the afternoon, make sure you have not left a fast pass. What I mean is, be sure to grab a fast pass before you leave for whatever your big attraction is for the evening. Even if you are not going to be back during the "window", the cast members will still allow you to use them.

Just my $.02.

Dizneykev

That is something I have not thought about. I figured once you had to park at the TTC and caught the monorail to MK then did it in reverse on the way out it would be a wash, but this is our first trip so I really had nothing to base that assumption on. LOL
And great point on Getting the FP on the way out. I will keep that in mind.

You can go by the "guide"..but there will be moments that will be "magical"...and you will be glad for it and treasure those..it is great that you have a list to go by, I always do too..ya just have to vary from it time to time! Keep the list and modify it all the time...sometimes making the list can be as fun as the parks themselves, keep the list as a momento with all you did get to do!

Those are almost my exact thoughts. The list is a rough draft and subject to change based on almost anything. LOL

I'd grab lunch in MK and spend maybe an hour or 2 in MK after lunch, then head back to your resort - I think the trek to DTD just for Raglan will be too much.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am afraid Raglan Road is a must do on DWs list, I am planning on looking at moving it to another day though (we have a couple days without a lunch scheduled due to Spirit of Aloha, California Grill and HDDR taking so many meal credits). As a matter of fact I plan on starting to do that right after I post this. :)

Upvote 0

Adventure

Hi, we've gone to HDDR twice. The first time we took the car and parked it near the horse stables and took a bus to the dining hall and back. This was really easy.
The second time we took the boat from the Magic Kingdom and back. We had to wait for a second boat because the lines were pretty long.
Even if you took your car I think you could still enjoy the show and take the boat over to MK if you didn't want to get it and drive it to the MK parking lot after the show.
If you decide on the boat I might make sure to be in line for it by 8:45 so that you definitely make it to Pioneer Hall on time.

Upvote 0

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
Hi, we've gone to HDDR twice. The first time we took the car and parked it near the horse stables and took a bus to the dining hall and back. This was really easy.
The second time we took the boat from the Magic Kingdom and back. We had to wait for a second boat because the lines were pretty long.
Even if you took your car I think you could still enjoy the show and take the boat over to MK if you didn't want to get it and drive it to the MK parking lot after the show.
If you decide on the boat I might make sure to be in line for it by 8:45 so that you definitely make it to Pioneer Hall on time.

Thanks We might do that, since I am leaning more and more toward using my car at least on this first day. This is the only day where we "have" to leave are at 3 different locations. Most days The meals are all in the park we are visiting except maybe breakfast or dinner. when I get a bit more time I will try and post the entire plan.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I am afraid Raglan Road is a must do on DWs list, I am planning on looking at moving it to another day though (we have a couple days without a lunch scheduled due to Spirit of Aloha, California Grill and HDDR taking so many meal credits). As a matter of fact I plan on starting to do that right after I post this. :)

Great now I am quoting myself.... I looked at the schedule and I think I might have an idea... let me know what you think.

We are going to MK on July 3rd to see the special fire works and plan on spending the 4th in HS so we can hopefully catch Fantasmic!. Since this will be our second day at HS this trip perhaps we could plan on spending the morning in DTD, eat an early lunch at Raglan Road and then head to HS. for the evening. That way we can sleep in on the fourth due to be out so late on the third and do any last minute shopping at DTD on what is going to be our last day at DW. What do you think??

Upvote 0

CP_alum08

I agree with everyone to slow down. But if you must do it all in one day here are my thoughts...

Hit some of the 'slower' stuff in the morning/afternoon, like Country bear, hall of pres., and tom sayer island. Those tend (i say tend because it all can vary so much) to have less people than big rides like SM or HM. FP a couple rides on the am like SM and peter pan.

If you are not interested in seeing the parade or fireworks i suggest getting back to MK before those start. In my experience lines are shortened drastically during parades and fireworks so you can fit more in. Plus if you time it right you can see fireworks from the TTA and splash!

Good luck and have fun! Trying to fit it all in in one day can be alot of fun, but if something takes too long or you miss something don't let it stress you out.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom