Ouch! New Universal Commerical Takes shot at Disney

Used2BePluto

So, ILLmaticSOldier, I am supposed to suffer because really, admit it, either they have no intention of even remotely trying to learn English as almost every other immigrant did, even most likely your grandparents or parents did in the early 1900's, and while we are at it, they HAPPILY learned to speak the language. Why, because they were happy to be here.

Maybe it is because I am sick and tired of illegal, uh "undocumented workers" screw it, they are breeaking the law being here, NOT SAYING THAT DISNEY OR UNIVERSAL HIRES "UNDOCUMENTED ILLEGAL ALIENS", but al you have to do is show you is an i.d. card and a social security/green card or work permit and I am sure that NOWHERE in greater Orlando is there a place that you can buy one or a dozen for a proper amount.

My point about the people saying nospeakadaenglish
was that why the heck are they in an area that they (management) know that they will HAVE to deal with a majority of English speaking people? I am all for either company helping people out, stick them in the back of the house until they know enough English that they can carry a conversation. If I wanted my room's maid to speak spanish or creole I would go to Miami.

But hey people, stay on track, remember the mission, we were trying to trash Universal for gaving the gall to poke fun at Disney. Remember, the mission to prove to the world that Disney is the number 1 theme park in the world is our primary mission in life, well, for some people it is.

Have a great night everyone, and no, in real life I don't bite this bad, just having a great time stoking the boards here. Oh, BTW, I only have one screen name, the same screen name I have had since I joined 3 months ago. I love my life and what is funny to me, if you are in the park and see what to you looks like a professional tourist, (sun hat, baggy floral shirt, sandals, cameras,etc.) it could be me, especially when you the guest comes to me asking for help, which I alays honestly provide in an honest manner. It is my job to make sure you enjoy your time in a safe manner. Just don't think about putting anything in your pockets that you did not pay for when I am around.:p

Mark
lepowphoto.com

gcurling

was that why the heck are they in an area that they (management) know that they will HAVE to deal with a majority of English speaking people? I am all for either company helping people out, stick them in the back of the house until they know enough English that they can carry a conversation. If I wanted my room's maid to speak spanish or creole I would go to Miami.

Stick them in the back of the house, back of the bus, what's the difference? Right buddy!

Perhaps a little tolerance is in order?

nerdboyrockstar

Used2BePluto said:
Hate to beat a dead horse drumbum, but I love Disney, but not so fanatical that I can not admit that some other places even exist. I have been to Disney more this year alone then I went to Universal last year. I just think that this thread is so pointless and I was waiting to see how long it was before someone told me to get a life. I have a great one, think about it, I can go eat of some of the finest tourist oriented resturants in the world, can go to a theme park and ride one ride, get in my car drive 15 minutes, then go boating in my back yard. Yeah, I would say I have a life and am enjoying it. I am sorry drumbum if you do not enjoy your life so much, but we all choose the bed we sleep in and I can not stand people who claim that they can not find the job they want, if it isn't where you live, uh, one word, MOVE.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy your stay,
Anyone up for the buffet at Ankershus tonight, I need an aquavit.

Mark
lepowphoto.com

I appreciate your posts. I've heard of a lot of people enjoying these commercials..outside of these boards obviously. Don't let any of these people tell you you don't belong here because you're voicing your opinion.. on an internet message board. And yes, I've been to Universal lately and it seems like their recent promotions are working. It's crazy.

jaredliu

sherpadude said:
Expedition Everest is a waste of time! :snore:
It seems like there are more and more people aren't pleasent by this new attraction. I partically agree with them, it's a bit of let down.

sherpadude

jaredliu said:
It seems like there are more and more people aren't pleasent by this new attraction. I partically agree with them, it's a bit of let down.

I thought it was just terrible. But that's just my opinion.

I

I,Walt

old thread

mickey04 said:
Anyone seen the new Universal Orlando commercial? Now, first let me start by saying that I have to give them credit for coming uo with some creative commericials, and for the most part, this one has that same sort of humor that advertises their "A Vacation from the Ordinary" with diferent people telling what they want to do on their vacation. (For examle, we see a man who says "I want" and then realize he's on the Hulk, and he finishes "want my mommy" or a woman in Emeril's restaurant who says "I want to try some of Emeril's barbequed chicken" and then reaches over to the next table and takes a piece-- from Emeril.) Shrek and Donkey are also featured to advertise the new ride. Sorry, I'm getting off topic.

So, the commerical ends with (in what seems to be a later added side note- and I'm paraphrasing) "Fairy tales and pixie dust not your thing, visit Universal online at universalorlando.com" Now this just isn't necessary. I t was a great commercial up until that moment. Why can't they just advertise their own product and leave Disney alone- that's really low. I don't know, maybe I'm taking this too seriously but I think its disgraceful and I hope Disney never stoops to that level.
Can you say old thread from 2002 I knew that you could.

pluto77

Used2BePluto said:
Hate to beat a dead horse drumbum, but I love Disney, but not so fanatical that I can not admit that some other places even exist. I have been to Disney more this year alone then I went to Universal last year. I just think that this thread is so pointless and I was waiting to see how long it was before someone told me to get a life. I have a great one, think about it, I can go eat of some of the finest tourist oriented resturants in the world, can go to a theme park and ride one ride, get in my car drive 15 minutes, then go boating in my back yard. Yeah, I would say I have a life and am enjoying it. I am sorry drumbum if you do not enjoy your life so much, but we all choose the bed we sleep in and I can not stand people who claim that they can not find the job they want, if it isn't where you live, uh, one word, MOVE.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy your stay,
Anyone up for the buffet at Ankershus tonight, I need an aquavit.

Mark
lepowphoto.com
If this thread is so pointless why did you feel the need to come in here and strongly state your opinion on the subject (and other subjects that this thread has nothing to do with)? :veryconfu

peter11435

jaredliu said:
For the most part its been the same person. Merlin, Merlin 2, Yetiguy, Nepal, Sherpadude and who knows how many others have all been the same person.

jaredliu

peter11435 said:
For the most part its been the same person. Merlin, Merlin 2, Yetiguy, Nepal, Sherpadude and who knows how many others have all been the same person.
The way some express about EE is that is nothing but trash which I can hardly believe but if they are the same person that might explian.

Astronaut Jones

The creativity just isn't there for Universal. Disney is incredible because basically every ride and/or show immerses the guest into a story. So many Universal attractions are bland in their storytelling or have no story at all. I can find thrill rides or rollercoasters anywhere, Universal's just don't seem overly special. I may be spoiled though, I'm from Ohio and we have Cedar Point so I just don't get overly excited about big rollercoasters.

Universal can go suck an egg.

Iakona

Used2BePluto said:
So, ILLmaticSOldier, I am supposed to suffer because really, admit it, either they have no intention of even remotely trying to learn English as almost every other immigrant did, even most likely your grandparents or parents did in the early 1900's, and while we are at it, they HAPPILY learned to speak the language. Why, because they were happy to be here.

Maybe it is because I am sick and tired of illegal, uh "undocumented workers" screw it, they are breeaking the law being here, NOT SAYING THAT DISNEY OR UNIVERSAL HIRES "UNDOCUMENTED ILLEGAL ALIENS", but al you have to do is show you is an i.d. card and a social security/green card or work permit and I am sure that NOWHERE in greater Orlando is there a place that you can buy one or a dozen for a proper amount.

But hey people, stay on track, remember the mission, we were trying to trash Universal for gaving the gall to poke fun at Disney. Remember, the mission to prove to the world that Disney is the number 1 theme park in the world is our primary mission in life, well, for some people it is.

Have a great night everyone, and no, in real life I don't bite this bad, just having a great time stoking the boards here. Oh, BTW, I only have one screen name, the same screen name I have had since I joined 3 months ago. I love my life and what is funny to me, if you are in the park and see what to you looks like a professional tourist, (sun hat, baggy floral shirt, sandals, cameras,etc.) it could be me, especially when you the guest comes to me asking for help, which I alays honestly provide in an honest manner. It is my job to make sure you enjoy your time in a safe manner. Just don't think about putting anything in your pockets that you did not pay for when I am around.:p

Mark
lepowphoto.com

Very few people here are under any allusion that Disney is perfect. That some want to discuss the differences in advertising between to parks in Orlando is natural.

and by the way, just some friendly hints:

1. You have journeyed into the realm of politics and that is not allowed on these boards.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=17360

2. If all you are really here to do is to do is "stoke" the boards and cause trouble then you are not interested in a discussion, just an argument.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=1790

3. Your link to the photo site is contrary to the rules of the forum.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51376
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51375

Iakona said:
Very few people here are under any allusion that Disney is perfect. That some want to discuss the differences in advertising between to parks in Orlando is natural.

and by the way, just some friendly hints:

1. You have journeyed into the realm of politics and that is not allowed on these boards.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=17360

2. If all you are really here to do is to do is "stoke" the boards and cause trouble then you are not interested in a discussion, just an argument.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=1790

3. Your link to the photo site is contrary to the rules of the forum.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51376
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=51375

sorry about that didn't mean to get off topic it jus makes me mad how people can be so close minded and only look at one side of the story.

disneytati

Is there anywhere I could download and see these commercials? I always get curious to see them... Maybe I would be able to take part in the discussion...

Captain Chaos

They are only commercials and not going to make peopel say HMM LET'S GO TO UNIVERSAL... Really, what does Universal have ot offer to kids? NOTHING!! Sherk?? Eh.... Nothign there appeals to kids.. Disney has stuff that appeals to kids... And really, how many 5 year old girls tell their moms they are sick of the princesses?? Every little girl wants to be a princess.. Let's be real now people... These commercials will not make a dent in Disney's attendance.. if anything, with all the people going to Disney this year, Universal's attendance may jump a little, since people try to do both...

JROK

peter11435 said:
Well, it was really only a 19 year headstart.

I was talking about Disneyland, and it's their 50th... so...

peter11435 said:

I guess I'm one of that guy's screen names too because I also did not think Everest was that good, or worth the $100M it cost to make the attraction... sure the mountain is cool... but really... a mountain doesn't make a ride fun and exciting... Everest isn't worth more than a 20min wait... But Space Mountain is... I was expecting something more...

And Peter, this isn't a bash at you because I really like you and enjoy your posts...

dxer07002 said:
They are only commercials and not going to make peopel say HMM LET'S GO TO UNIVERSAL... Really, what does Universal have ot offer to kids? NOTHING!! Sherk?? Eh.... Nothign there appeals to kids.. Disney has stuff that appeals to kids...

What does Universal have to offer kids? I don't know, maybe the fact that kids are now FREE! So that saves the family some big money... But yea there's Barney, Curious George, Fievel, ET, Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, Sponge Bob Square Pants, Dr. Seuss, Spider-Man... you get the idea...

nerdboyrockstar

dxer07002 said:
They are only commercials and not going to make peopel say HMM LET'S GO TO UNIVERSAL... Really, what does Universal have ot offer to kids? NOTHING!! Sherk?? Eh.... Nothign there appeals to kids.. Disney has stuff that appeals to kids... And really, how many 5 year old girls tell their moms they are sick of the princesses?? Every little girl wants to be a princess.. Let's be real now people... These commercials will not make a dent in Disney's attendance.. if anything, with all the people going to Disney this year, Universal's attendance may jump a little, since people try to do both...

Between the two parks, there's AT LEAST 18 attractions that completely invalidate your argument.

scottnj1966

I for one really like Universal being here.
It takes soem of the crowd away from Disney so I dont have to wait 1 1/2 hours for splash mountain :)
Well just kidding really. I have a seasonal pass with Disney and a an annual pass with Universal/IOA. Disney will always be far better is how it is run. Universal will never get to that status. Anyone that has gone to Universal has seen that. They may have some cool rides but the attitudes and personalities of the employees do not even come close.
Universal knows this, Disney knows this, we all know this. Dont worry about them taking cracks at Disney in Commercials, they do it to make themselves feel better. These days people do both companies when they visit our State and we that live here do visit both....plus the other two parks.

peter11435

JROK said:
I was talking about Disneyland, and it's their 50th... so..

Ah, I thought you were referring to WDW.

JROK said:
I guess I'm one of that guy's screen names too because I also did not think Everest was that good, or worth the $100M it cost to make the attraction... sure the mountain is cool... but really... a mountain doesn't make a ride fun and exciting... Everest isn't worth more than a 20min wait... But Space Mountain is... I was expecting something more...

I didn't mean everyone who dislikes Everest was Merlin. I know there are others (and should be) out there who don't think its that great. Since all of those other names have been banned I am certain they were all Merlin.

JROK said:
I was expecting something more...

I think that's the primary problem. Over the past few years Internet discussion and speculation made Everest into more than it was ever intended to be. Thus there is no way it could ever live up to some people's expectations.

JROK said:
And Peter, this isn't a bash at you because I really like you and enjoy your posts...

No problem.

JROK said:
What does Universal have to offer kids? I don't know, maybe the fact that kids are now FREE! So that saves the family some big money...

I think Universal has many things to offer kids. I can think of over a dozen things off the top of my head.

However the fact that Universal can afford to allow kids to eat, stay, and play for free shows that there must be some problem. No company would do that out of the goodness of their hearts. I don't think that if kids made up a sizeable chunk (like they do Disney) of UO's attendance they would not be willing to let them in free. That said I think it is a good move on UO's part as kids don't have the money anyway, so the more parents (with the money) you can attract the better.

Captain Chaos

JROK said:

What does Universal have to offer kids? I don't know, maybe the fact that kids are now FREE! So that saves the family some big money... But yea there's Barney, Curious George, Fievel, ET, Shrek, Jimmy Neutron, Sponge Bob Square Pants, Dr. Seuss, Spider-Man... you get the idea...

How do you feel about Universal's Mummy ride?? not worth it?? I didn't care for it... I have yet to ride Everest so I reserve judgement until I do..

As far as Universal goes, I don't may much attention to the park since I hate it so much, guess I overlooked Sponge Bob and Jimmy Neutron, etc... So I guess you are right, there are things there for the kids....

And with kids going free.. Universal has to do some gimmick to get people there since the park stinks so much.... And I am entitled to my opinion whether you all agree or not...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom