O'Sentinel - NextGen - 1/17/10

jt04

How anyone could find a way to put a negative spin on this blows me away. This will customize, improve and evolutionize the theme park experience. Nothing negative about it.

Give me a single example of that which will impress me and not reek of "big brother". Dare ya.

jt04

Of course I do...And so did I. But, apparently, the project is MUCH more expansive than SSE.

It is quite nice to see you waiting for proof, though. :)

I think MacPhee is the head of this.

That is what I was saying. This is taking the SSE final and spreading it around to every attraction potentially. The attractions work for the most part. The don't need fixing. I wouldn't be impressed by the American Adventure show pausing so Mark Twain can give a shout out to the Smith's from Topeka. No, not impressed. :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

That is what I was saying. This is taking the SSE final and spreading it around to every attraction potentially. The attractions work for the most part. The don't need fixing. I wouldn't be impressed by the American Adventure show pausing so Mark Twain can give a shout out to the Smith's from Topeka. No, not impressed. :brick:
I'd think bigger and better and classier than that. :lol:

But, if it DOES turn out to be that, yes, I will join you in disappointment. :lol:
Do EVP's normally report to VP's?

The way I read it in the article is Franklin is in charge globally, and MacPhee at WDW only. I'd be curious to know more about this Franklin guy.

I'd think so...Mac is in a very good spot right now.

I'm interested about Franklin too...But I only find things on our Founding Father. :D Cool guy.

jt04

A nice hello from a character,potentially using your name.

If that doesn't impress you,there is more in store.

ET has been doing that for 20 years. I was not impressed when it was a new concept. Sorry.

A foamhead doing that will only give me the creeps. Just being honest.

jt04

I'd think bigger and better and classier than that. :lol:

But, if it DOES turn out to be that, yes, I will join you in disappointment. :lol:

I'd think so...Mac is in a very good spot right now.

I'm interested about Franklin too...But I only find things on our Founding Father. :D Cool guy.

The problem is by the time we get "proof" it will be too late. The money will have been spent.

lebeau

Is there a potential for failure? Sure. But then the Walt Disney company was founded on huge risks.

It's hard for me to imagine what that price tag might include. Color me skeptical. BUT, I am glad to see Disney taking some chances. And at this point I'm just glad to see any money going into WDW.

I hope they get their money's worth. Time will tell.

jt04

Is there a potential for failure? Sure. But then the Walt Disney company was founded on huge risks.

It's hard for me to imagine what that price tag might include. Color me skeptical. BUT, I am glad to see Disney taking some chances. And at this point I'm just glad to see any money going into WDW.

I hope they get their money's worth. Time will tell.

If the price tag was closer to 100 million I'd feel a lot more comfortable with this. For 1.5 billion in start up costs, this really needs to amaze. I sure hope they have done enough guest research to know whatever it is they are planning is actually something guests want.

lebeau

If the price tag was closer to 100 million I'd feel a lot more comfortable with this. For 1.5 billion in start up costs, this really needs to amaze. I sure hope they have done enough guest research to know whatever it is they are planning is actually something guests want.

I agree. Based on what little we know, it's hard to imagine this will be worth 1.5 billion. I know I'd like to see that money spent some other way. And given Disney's track record of late, there's little reason to have faith in them. But, what other choice do we have? Maybe this will be the time that they get it all right. :eek:

Yeah, who am I kidding? They may as well flush that 1.5 billion.

EPCOT Explorer

I agree. Based on what little we know, it's hard to imagine this will be worth 1.5 billion. I know I'd like to see that money spent some other way. And given Disney's track record of late, there's little reason to have faith in them. But, what other choice do we have? Maybe this will be the time that they get it all right. :eek:

I have faith in them. Why not? :shrug: Let's see what they can do.

jt04

Hmmm, I wonder who is on the other end of the plumbing? :drevil:

Cause that is a whole lot of money.:lookaroun

lebeau

I have faith in them. Why not? :shrug: Let's see what they can do.

I "have faith" in them because I have no other choice. This is happening regardless. May as well prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

A part of me is hoping that in a few years, WDW will knock my socks off.

The other part of me looks at most of the things that have been happening at WDW and is resigned to being disappointed.

EPCOT Explorer

I "have faith" in them because I have no other choice. This is happening regardless. May as well prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

A part of me is hoping that in a few years, WDW will knock my socks off.

The other part of me looks at most of the things that have been happening at WDW and is resigned to being disappointed.

I think they might. This has been a long time coming.

Oddysey

My little one would go completely nuts if Snow White or any of the seven dwarfs said her name as she got off of the ride. We would never hear the end of it! :lol:

E.T. at Uni has been doing it since the early 90's. He may not be Snow White, but it certainly isnt anything groundbreaking in 20XX.

E.T. has been doing that since 1990, he is kinda dwarfish.

Guess I should have kept reading LOL!

FigmentJedi

Some of that money should have gone to a certain pavilion in Future World. Some of the RFID gimmicks would be good to implement in a new Journey into IMagination.

raven

Everyone is still thinking in terms of rides and it's going to go WAY beyond that. This isn't being implemented for the purpose of tracking guest movements or behavior. That will come automatically anyways. But the main purpose if the program is to greatly enhance the guest experience, make their vacations more enjoyable, efficient and customised to their individual tastes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom