Osceola Interchange/Road Permits

peter11435

Safe to assume the current exit will still be the primary exit once all these road changes are complete. Which would take you to BVD
The new interchange will be both entry and exit. The current auxiliary entrance/exit will become buses only.

mm121

Safe to assume the current exit will still be the primary exit once all these road changes are complete. Which would take you to BVD

primary not really, since the new entrance road also includes exits with direct access to world drive and Osceola parkway east and west

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, January 13, 2018. Large steel overpass beams being set into place at the Osceola / Victory Way flyover. The line of cars are stopped at the traffic light, headed west on Osceola Parkway.

IMG_0188.JPG

tonymu

So will there be an exit onto North Victory Way seems a little ridiculous if it is omitted could easily be included.
I agree. I keep looking at the permit drawings and the update pictures and keep trying to figure out why they did not add an exit from the loop to the ESPN entrance road. It could have a left turn to ESPN and a merge lane to Victory Way. The loop drops to near ground level in the middle.

MGM exit to Victory Way.jpg

halltd

I agree. I keep looking at the permit drawings and the update pictures and keep trying to figure out why they did not add an exit from the loop to the ESPN entrance road. It could have a left turn to ESPN and a merge lane to Victory Way. The loop drops to near ground level in the middle.

View attachment 292129
There also doesn't seem to be a way to get from ESPN into DHS which seems odd.

tonymu

There also doesn't seem to be a way to get from ESPN into DHS which seems odd.

From ESPN they will have to go up Victory Way, make a u-turn and then use the right turn lane entrance from Victory Way (YELLOW). But they could have also created a right turn from ESPN entrance road right before you go under entrance from Osceola and joined that entrance on the loop before it goes over Osceola (GREEN).

MGM exit to Victory Wayb.jpg

mbesty

From ESPN they will have to go up Victory Way, make a u-turn and then use the right turn lane entrance from Victory Way (YELLOW). But they could have also created a right turn from ESPN entrance road right before you go under entrance from Osceola and joined that entrance on the loop before it goes over Osceola (GREEN).

View attachment 292140
This was exactly my thought would've been easy to include both an entrance and exit there! Seems backwards to being doing this much road reconfiguration and not just doing it correctly in the first place, rather than down the road doing an upgrade and causing further detours and impacts to traffic.

peter11435

This was exactly my thought would've been easy to include both an entrance and exit there! Seems backwards to being doing this much road reconfiguration and not just doing it correctly in the first place, rather than down the road doing an upgrade and causing further detours and impacts to traffic.

I’m not really sure there is enough traffic traveling between WWOS and DHS to justify the added expense.

homerdance

I’m not really sure there is enough traffic traveling between WWOS and DHS to justify the added expense.
The fact they cheeped out on the original entrance is why they are needing to spend the money now, amazed they can't just seem to figure out people don't like stops, especially on the buses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom