Oreo Cookie Dabate

WaltzingMatilda

Original Poster
Ok, this is so not Disney , but it is stuck in my craw. Just want some opinions.

Baby Girl only likes the inside of Oreos. I feel that it is okay for her to break open the cookie, eat the white stuff, and chuck the rest (though I will admit I sometimes like to eat the cookie part). Well, it's a treat, for Pete's sake, who cares if you eat it all? But her daddy (that would be my darling Husband) says no way, she has to eat the whole thing. So from now on, no more Oreos (tm).

I would appreciate hearing what you guys think.

Erika

I can see his point, that it is wasting food. But I personally would let her eat it if she likes it that much. If it's only an occasional treat, what does it hurt? Actually upon further reflection I would probably scrape it off for her and eat the cookie myself :lol: :slurp:

My daughter's still a loooooooooong way off from cookies, so I guess that means more for me :D

BTW I also think you should worry less about how much is on your plate and stop eating when you are full. I don't know if this fits into the same category or not.

maggiegrace1

Let Emily eat the cream part if she wants...
If she eats other things ok and does not only eat junk..what is the big deal if she does not like the cookie part?

Its not hurting her ..unless she eats like tons of them at a time ..so l would let her eat the part she likes...:)

barnum42

As I had parents who lived through rationing, plus the whole "there are people starving elsewhere in the world", I was brought up to not wast food. Actually to not waste much of anything.

Given today's problems we have finding how to get rid of the vast amount of waste throw out, it's not a bad way to think.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to go with the all or nothing approach, so that a child does not get used to it being ok to throw 90% of something away.

Erika

As I had parents who lived through rationing, plus the whole "there are people starving elsewhere in the world", I was brought up to not wast food. Actually to not waste much of anything.

Given today's problems we have finding how to get rid of the vast amount of waste throw out, it's not a bad way to think.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to go with the all or nothing approach, so that a child does not get used to it being ok to throw 90% of something away.

Good point... also true however that in the US, a restaurant's
single portion size is often in excess of an entire day's worth of calories, and we are fatter than ever. Somewhere there has to be a happy medium between "don't waste food" and "don't eat it just because it is in front of you."

But that's a tangent for another day :lol:

Windy.Mind

I say have a race to who can get the white stuff off first , dip the cookie part in milk , eat the cookie , and drink the milk faster.

But I Agrree I dont like the cookie part. :hurl:

Enderikari

Don't buy Oreo's buy Marshmellow Fluff... Not the same stuff, but at least she will be getting nothing but the cream-like substance... Plus, Marshmellow fluff rocks!

Erika

Don't buy Oreo's buy Marshmellow Fluff... Not the same stuff, but at least she will be getting nothing but the cream-like substance... Plus, Marshmellow fluff rocks!

OH NO, it has been way too long since I had some of that. I know what I'm buying on my next trip to the store :lol: :slurp:

k.snappx16

I think you have too much time on your hands...I'm sorry but if you can sit here and write a debate about whether or not your kid should eat the whole oreo then you need to get out more or get a job...idk but something need to happen.:wave:

K. Snapp:king:

Enderikari

I think you have too much time on your hands...I'm sorry but if you can sit here and write a debate about whether or not your kid should eat the whole oreo then you need to get out more or get a job...idk but something need to happen.:wave:

???
What does that say about people who have the time to read about and criticize other people for having said debate.

Besides, she has a child (thus the whole debate). And believe me when I say that raising a child is the single most important job a person can hold...

Now, don't buzzkill the oreo conversation... its a fun one... And Marshmellow Fluff still rocks!

maggiegrace1

:brick:
Im sorry..if you can sit here and read this and then respond to it....
Apparently.....YOU must have too much time on your hands also.

What is the big deal...if you dont like what you see then ignore it..please dont criticize someone for asking a question.

???
What does that say about people who have the time to read about and criticize other people for having said debate.

Besides, she has a child (thus the whole debate). And believe me when I say that raising a child is the single most important job a person can hold...

Now, don't buzzkill the oreo conversation... its a fun one... And Marshmellow Fluff still rocks!
Thanks for saying that ..it IS the most important job a person can hold...:)

Marshmellow Fluff does ROCK!!!:sohappy: :sohappy:

barnum42

:brick:
Im sorry..if you can sit here and read this and then respond to it....
Apparently.....YOU must have too much time on your hands also.

What is the big deal...if you dont like what you see then ignore it..please dont criticize someone for asking a question.
Off topic, but the best way to deal with such rude behaviour is to use the report post button. Do not reply to the post as this just gives a troll the satisfaction of knowing they have annoyed you.

Back to the subject at hand....Oreos.

If you do have enough spare time on your hand you can Pimp That Oreo:

Oreo8a.jpg

For more details of how they did it:

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?projectID=85

maggiegrace1

Off topic, but the best way to deal with such rude behaviour is to use the report post button. Do not reply to the post as this just gives a troll the satisfaction of knowing they have annoyed you.

Back to the subject at hand....Oreos.

If you do have enough spare time on your hand you can Pimp That Oreo:

Oreo8a.jpg

For more details of how they did it:

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?projectID=85

I know Joe..Thanks..:kiss:
I typed before I thought........
I was frustrated.....

imagineer boy

I like both inside and out. Dunk it in milk and enjoy. You get some good out of it anyway.:lol:

Aha! Very good point! Let her try eating oreos by dunking them in milk. When dunked for a certain period of time, the oreo becomes so soft that its impossible to peel away the cookies from the cream. It tastes good too!

Fantasmic!329

I have a very weird system of eating Oreos. :lookaroun
Say I am eating 4 Oreos:
1. I start out by eating the whole thing, just bite and chew.
2. Next one I pull the cookies apart and scrape the cream off with my teeth.
3. Step 1
4. Step 2

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom