Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

D Hulk

Oh, okay, I'll change the ride to trackless. Thanks for the heads up!

I must have missed the discussion about Mickey? What were these ideas? :oops:
An idea for Maroon Studios was it could be this park's Fantasyland, with a few C-ticket dark rides based on classic Disney cartoons like Mickey. Likely based on the premise that we're on the studio set where Mickey (or whomever) is filming his latest.

FigmentPigments

Alright, this raises a great question.

What era is our Star Wars Land? Because Star Tours takes place during the finale of Episode IV. But Pod Racing is a prequel thing and those were the movies that were coming out then.

Do we change star tours and set the land I prequel era, or do we set everything up to be during the end of Episode IV?
I think we can keep it in the same time frame as Star Tours. If we have a Pod Race ride there's nothing to say we have to have a young Anakin Skywalker there. It can be a pod race where a young human (I think lore has it he was the only human) named Anakin won the Bonta Eve Classic once upon a time.

I thought the Stormtrooper Academy could work also because between the prequels, the Empire went from Clone to normal humans who have to be trained instead of flashed trained. They pre-show could say something about how the clones are becoming obsolete and now the Empire is looking for new blood. So we can connect the prequels to the Original trilogy without too much commitment.

D Hulk

Alright, this raises a great question.

What era is our Star Wars Land? Because Star Tours takes place during the finale of Episode IV. But Pod Racing is a prequel thing and those were the movies that were coming out then.

Do we change star tours and set the land I prequel era, or do we set everything up to be during the end of Episode IV?
Would it make sense if Pod Racing still exists on Tatooine circa Episode IV? There can be references in the queue to past events, like the one Anakin won. Star Tours remains the same. How's that sound?

FigmentPigments

An idea for Maroon Studios was it could be this park's Fantasyland, with a few C-ticket dark rides based on classic Disney cartoons like Mickey. Likely based on the premise that we're on the studio set where Mickey (or whomever) is filming his latest.
Okay, good to know. I think at one point during the Roger Rabbit movie, Maroon was overseeing the making of a cartoon in his office, so I think we could make that about a new mickey movie.

D Hulk

Okay, good to know. I think at one point during the Roger Rabbit movie, Maroon was overseeing the making of a cartoon in his office, so I think we could make that about a new mickey movie.
Yeah, the premise of Maroon Studios is that it's where all the era's cartoon stars worked. Seems a natural premise for folding in more Disney characters. (Others, like Bugs and pals, are obviously off limits.)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The big upside to having it in another area would make the whole Hollywood that never was seem more complete. It's not just at the front and right side of the park, but encompassing the Chinese Theatre. Also, Commissary Lane is very bare and lacking an interesting theme.

However, I have no problem leaving it as is. I understand the need for this area remaining the same; it's just boring back there, and I just saw an opportunity to plus it a little. :geek:
I agree commisarry Lane is pretty bare. But if we did any theme there, it would be basically just visuals. There's no room to add anything without demolishing everything. So, if we put the Gangster Alley there, there wouldn't be room for the gangster ride.

I'm not against some plussing there though, but
I think we can keep it in the same time frame as Star Tours. If we have a Pod Race ride there's nothing to say we have to have a young Anakin Skywalker there. It can be a pod race where a young human (I think lore has it he was the only human) named Anakin won the Bonta Eve Classic once upon a time.

I thought the Stormtrooper Academy could work also because between the prequels, the Empire went from Clone to normal humans who have to be trained instead of flashed trained. They pre-show could say something about how the clones are becoming obsolete and now the Empire is looking for new blood. So we can connect the prequels to the Original trilogy without too much commitment.
Works for me. Set during Episode IV. Star Tours doesn't need to change other than the facade, it is just flying from a star port on Tatooine. Empire Recruiting Outpost looking for new Stormtroopers. Shady Cantina. Pod Racing is still a thing. Jawa store set up in their big tank thing (which we can use to help hide the Soundstage show building of Star Tours). Sounds great to me!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, the premise of Maroon Studios is that it's where all the era's cartoon stars worked. Seems a natural premise for folding in more Disney characters. (Others, like Bugs and pals, are obviously off limits.)
I like this. A couple of small, cheap dark rides. Very simple Fantasyland style C-Tickets. Roger Rabbit, Mickey, and maybe Hercules (I feel like the tone of that movie could fit well in a studio park).

We can decide exactly how many when we add up budgets

FigmentPigments

Updated List:

Maroon Studios @FigmentPigments

Sunset Blvd @D Hindley

Star Wars @DisneyFan18

Muppet City @AceAstro Open to any and all help!

Maroon Studios Plus Expansion Area

Animation courtyard becomes Maroon Studios (Hyperion) /Roger Rabbit tie in
Connects to Sunset Blvd and the Backlot, backs up to Rock n' Roller coaster area​

1. Art of Animation - still a working Animation studio and tours through it with exhibits
  2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - then a new show still. (Don't know about this one :hungover:)
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride
  4. Ink and Paint Club/Oswald Lounge - Family Restaurant (Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant)
  5. Toon meet and greet
  6. Cloverleaf Red Car transportation (Behind the Art of Animation) to Chinese Theatre, TOT, and the front of the park (maybe)
  7. Terminal Bar next to Red Car
  8. Warehouse of Wonders - prop warehouse trackless ride (Toy Story Ride)
  9. Marvin Acme's Gag Factory gift shop
  10. Mickey Movie ride
  11. (Other Fantasyland style rides?) Depends on budget

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Updated List:

Maroon Studios @FigmentPigments

Sunset Blvd @Pionmycake @D Hindley

Star Wars @DisneyFan18

Muppet City @AceAstro Open to any and all help!

Maroon Studios Plus Expansion Area

Animation courtyard becomes Maroon Studios (Hyperion) /Roger Rabbit tie in
Connects to Sunset Blvd and the Backlot, backs up to Rock n' Roller coaster area​

1. Art of Animation - still a working Animation studio and tours through it with exhibits
  2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - then a new show still. (Don't know about this one :hungover:)
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride
  4. Ink and Paint Club/Oswald Lounge - Family Restaurant (Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant)
  5. Toon meet and greet
  6. Cloverleaf Red Car transportation (Behind the Art of Animation) to Chinese Theatre, TOT, and the front of the park (maybe)
  7. Terminal Bar next to Red Car
  8. Warehouse of Wonders - prop warehouse trackless ride (Toy Story Ride)
  9. Marvin Acme's Gag Factory gift shop
  10. Mickey Movie ride
  11. (Other Fantasyland style rides?) Depends on budget
And hey, I'm totally fine doing any part here. I know a lot of people were interested in gangsters/sunset. I'm totally cool letting others take that.

I'd rather not work on Muppets just because I'm not the best at Muppet projects, but other than that I can do whatever we need no problem

FigmentPigments

And hey, I'm totally fine doing any part here. I know a lot of people were interested in gangsters/sunset. I'm totally cool letting others take that.

I'd rather not work on Muppets just because I'm not the best at Muppet projects, but other than that I can do whatever we need no problem
List has been updated so others can claim Sunset if they want. ;)

D Hulk

Hey @FigmentPigments, an idea for the transition from Sunset to Maroon:
891dfaa9-2691-4184-b304-38f4a7fd2d10.png

From the movie, this is the tunnel to Toontown. In real life, it's a tunnel alongside Griffith Observatory (I drove through it on Thursday), so it thematically fits both lands. Might want to widen it a bit.

FigmentPigments

Hey @FigmentPigments, an idea for the transition from Sunset to Maroon:
891dfaa9-2691-4184-b304-38f4a7fd2d10.png

From the movie, this is the tunnel to Toontown. In real life, it's a tunnel alongside Griffith Observatory (I drove through it on Thursday), so it thematically fits both lands. Might want to widen it a bit.
I mentioned this early in the brainstorming, so I'm glad to see you brought it up again. I didn't know if it would fit in with everyone's idea of Sunset Blvd area so I took it off the drawing board.

This will be perfect since I was thinking about adding the "wall" between Maroon Studios and Toon Town (meet and greet areas). Thanks for letting me know about this!

D Hulk

Sunset Boulevard

Expansion of existing land to incorporate more green space inspired by Griffith Park, Hollywood Hills and Los Feliz. Keeps the 1920s-50s Hollywood allure, with some pulp noir adventure and the glamour of celebrities’ mansions.

• 1. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • 2. Fantasmic! – Keeps same location, but we have the option to redesign the theater (was considering a John Anson Ford Amphitheater look)
  • 3. Daytime show at Fantasmic! venue TBD (might be needed to sub in for Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage depending on how the land’s layout winds up)
  • 4. Gangster noir EMV – E-ticket
  • 5. The Rocketeer – flight sim (or something else?) in Griffith Observatory (might be likeliest to be cut, but it gives the Griffith addition more meat)
  • 6. Live silent film performances – Filming taking place on location at a residence
  • 7. Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round – Replica of Walt’s famous Disneyland inspiration
  • 8. Tail of the Pup – QSR in a dog-shaped eatery (from Rocketeer, & history)
  • 9. Randy’s Donuts – QSR under a gigantic donut s
  • 10. Magic Castle – CSR in a private magician’s club, with live performances
  • 11. South Seas Club – TSR Deco jazz club (from Rocketeer)
  • 12. Merch to the Stars – retail stand
  • Existing land shops and restaurants (@Pionmycake, any that weren’t there yet or not worth keeping?)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Budget Estimate
This is if we do everything we've suggested for these areas. That way we can see what we might need to cut.

Estimates are based on Space's Guide Team Castle used back in Stanza I. Space said himself it was inaccurate and low balling stuff. So, I added to these. I think these estimates are reasonable, especially considering how much new tech we are using. Let me know what I should change.​
  1. Star Wars Land placemaking - $150 M​
  2. Cantina QSR - replacing Backlot express - $10 M​
  3. Pod Racing Coaster - or other thrill ride $200 M​
  4. Storm Trooper Shooter Ride - $75 M​
Total for Star Wars: $435 M​
  1. Muppet placemaking - $50 M​
  2. Mama Melrose replacement - $10 M​
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement (Pizza planet hadn't opened yet and the space was just prop/promotional displays until then. So we could make it a restaurant still or make something new) - $10 M depending on what we do.​
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $125 M​
  5. electric Mayhem Bus Ride - $125 M​
Total for Muppets: $320 M
  1. Griffith Park - carousel, greenery. - $100 M​
  2. Rocketeer Simulator Attraction in Griffith observatory - $100 M​
  3. Gangster themed attraction. Possibly Richard Tracy themed. Possibly an EMV. Plus Placemaking - $200 M​
  4. Fantasmic (or similar show) - $75 M​
  5. Daytime show in Fantasmic theater - $25 M​
  6. Jazz Club/Speak Easy Restaurant replacing outdoor QSR area. Possibly Oswald themed. - $20 M​
Total for Sunset: $520 M​
  1. Animation/Maroon Studios Placemaking - $100 M​
  2. Art of Animation Updates - $20 M​
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride - $30 M​
  4. Mickey dark ride - $45 M​
  5. Third dark ride - $45 M​
  6. Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. - $10 M​
  7. Trolley - $10 M​
  8. Prop Warehouse Trackless Dark Ride - $200 M​
  9. One Man's Dream - $10​
Total for Animation/maroon: $470

Add misc for shops and stuff - $50 M
Star Wars - $435 M
Muppets - $320 M
Sunset - $520 M
Animation - $470 M

Total: $1.8 Billion

AceAstro

Muppet City

1. re-theme of New York Street to Muppets from the Muppets Take Manhattan (MTM)
  2. Facade’s become more “proper” apartments to house Meet&Greet’s, Walk-Through’s, queues, etc.)
  3. Great Muppet Movie Ride (I’m thinking replacing the AFI building? Somewhere in that area)
  4. Swedish Chef TS restaurant
  5. Rizzo QS for MTM
  6. Electric Mayhem Travelling Bus

AceAstro

1. Muppet placemaking - $60 M​
  2. Mama Melrose replacement - $15 M​
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement (Pizza planet hadn't opened yet and the space was just prop/promotional displays until then. So we could make it a restaurant still or make something new) - $10 M depending on what we do.​
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $125 M​
  5. Electric Mayhem Bus - $65 M​
Total for Muppets: $275 M​
I think it should look closer to this. I’m thinking the bus traveling through the city would look better than an attraction and take up way less space!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Sunset Boulevard

Expansion of existing land to incorporate more green space inspired by Griffith Park, Hollywood Hills and Los Feliz. Keeps the 1920s-50s Hollywood allure, with some pulp noir adventure and the glamour of celebrities’ mansions.

• 1. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • 2. Fantasmic! – Keeps same location, but we have the option to redesign the theater (was considering a John Anson Ford Amphitheater look)
  • 3. Daytime show at Fantasmic! venue TBD (might be needed to sub in for Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage depending on how the land’s layout winds up)
  • 4. Gangster noir EMV – E-ticket
  • 5. The Rocketeer – flight sim (or something else?) in Griffith Observatory (might be likeliest to be cut, but it gives the Griffith addition more meat)
  • 6. Live silent film performances – Filming taking place on location at a residence
  • 7. Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round – Replica of Walt’s famous Disneyland inspiration
  • 8. Tail of the Pup – QSR in a dog-shaped eatery (from Rocketeer, & history)
  • 9. Randy’s Donuts – QSR under a gigantic donut s
  • 10. Magic Castle – CSR in a private magician’s club, with live performances
  • 11. South Seas Club – TSR Deco jazz club (from Rocketeer)
  • 12. Merch to the Stars – retail stand
  • Existing land shops and restaurants (@Pionmycake, any that weren’t there yet or not worth keeping?)
I am pretty positive the shops and restaurants are all the same as are there now. They've become more "generical" now Essentially all selling the same stuff.

The outdoor quickservice area could easily be enclosed for a main restaurant with stands like the donuts and the hot dogs being along the street sharing the kitchen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom