Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I think it should look closer to this. I’m thinking the bus traveling through the city would look better than an attraction and take up way less space!
That works! Maybe have it be a streetmosphere show like the Blues Brothers at Universal. They drive in on the bus, perform as puppets leaning out the windows of the van, and drive back.

Just remember, NY street was still used for filming I the 90s. So, the main stretch I the street itself should stay mostly the same. But the side stretch from Muppetvisiom to the Hunchback theater should have plenty of space for the Muppet stuff with the main NY street being lightly themed so it can still be used.

Unless we want to put an official stop to filming with our expansion

AceAstro

That works! Maybe have it be a streetmosphere show like the Blues Brothers at Universal. They drive in on the bus, perform as puppets leaning out the windows of the van, and drive back.

Just remember, NY street was still used for filming I the 90s. So, the main stretch I the street itself should stay mostly the same. But the side stretch from Muppetvisiom to the Hunchback theater should have plenty of space for the Muppet stuff with the main NY street being lightly themed so it can still be used.

Unless we want to put an official stop to filming with our expansion
I think it’s realistic that by 1995 we can give up on the idea of filming at the park (considering we are getting rid of the three sound stages as well that were on the walking tour).

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Budget Estimate (updated)

This is if we do everything we've suggested for these areas. That way we can see what we might need to cut.

Estimates are based on Space's Guide Team Castle used back in Stanza I. Space said himself it was inaccurate and low balling stuff. So, I added to these. I think these estimates are reasonable, especially considering how much new tech we are using. Let me know what I should change.​

1. Star Wars Land placemaking - $100 M​
  2. Cantina QSR - replacing Backlot express - $10 M​
  3. Pod Racing Coaster - or other thrill ride $200 M​
  4. Storm Trooper Shooter Ride - $75 M​
Total for Star Wars: $385 M​

1. Muppet placemaking - $25 M​
  2. Mama Melrose replacement - $10 M​
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement (Pizza planet hadn't opened yet and the space was just prop/promotional displays until then. So we could make it a restaurant still or make something new) - $10 M depending on what we do.​
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $125 M​
  5. electric Mayhem Bus - $30 M​
Total for Muppets: $200 M

1. Griffith Park - carousel, greenery, hill. - $50 M​
  2. Rocketeer Simulator Attraction in Griffith observatory - $100 M​
  3. Gangster themed attraction. Possibly Richard Tracy themed. Possibly an EMV. Plus Placemaking - $200 M​
  4. Fantasmic (or similar show) - $75 M​
  5. Daytime show in Fantasmic theater - $25 M​
  6. Jazz Club/Speak Easy Restaurant replacing outdoor QSR area. Possibly Oswald themed. - $20 M​
  7. Other food stands/shops - $30 M​
  8. Streetmoy - $5 M​
Total for Sunset: $505 M​

1. Animation/Maroon Studios Placemaking - $75 M​
  2. Art of Animation Updates - $20 M​
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride - $30 M​
  4. Mickey dark ride - $45 M​
  5. Third dark ride - $45 M​
  6. Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. - $10 M​
  7. Trolley - $10 M​
  8. Prop Warehouse Trackless Dark Ride - $125 M​
  9. One Man's Dream - $5​
Total for Animation/maroon: $365

Add misc for shops and stuff - $50 M
Star Wars - $385 M
Muppets - $200 M
Sunset - $505 M
Animation - $365 M

Total: $1.5 Billion

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

This is if we do everything we've suggested for these areas. That way we can see what we might need to cut.

Estimates are based on Space's Guide Team Castle used back in Stanza I. Space said himself it was inaccurate and low balling stuff. So, I added to these. I think these estimates are reasonable, especially considering how much new tech we are using. Let me know what I should change.​

3. Pizza Planet Space replacement (Pizza planet hadn't opened yet and the space was just prop/promotional displays until then. So we could make it a restaurant still or make something new) - $10 M depending on what we do.​

3. Gangster themed attraction. Possibly Richard Tracy themed. Possibly an EMV. Plus Placemaking - $200 M​
  6. Jazz Club/Speak Easy Restaurant replacing outdoor QSR area. Possibly Oswald themed. - $20 M​
  8. Streetmoy - $5 M​

7. Trolley - $10 M​
  9. One Man's Dream - $5​

Star Wars - $385 M
Muppets - $200 M
Sunset - $505 M
Animation - $365 M

Does this seem better?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

8. Streetmoy - $5 M​

7. Trolley - $10 M​
  9. One Man's Dream - $5​

Star Wars - $385 M
Muppets - $200 M
Sunset - $505 M
Animation - $365 M

@pixie_princess @Voxel

How does this look? Think this is a reasonable budget for our project? Any notes as our PMs before we move on?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@Pionmycake, any ideas about a production timeline? Which attractions and shows should we premier each year?
I think it’s believeable to have Muppet City all open in 1995
SW Land maybe in 1999 to match the SW1?
I agree with Muppet City being on 95 as a part of shutting down filming. How much of NY Street are we planning to take over? Is Honey I Shrunk the Kids changing too? Or having the entrance moved to the Backlot? Or is the northern end of NY St staying nonMuppets.

What about the theater to the west side of NY Street that had new, smaller shows like Pocahontas and Hunchback? Are we still keeping that or is that becoming Muppets area too. @AceAstro

99 sounds perfect for Star Wars.

Sunset and animation courtyard we're both rather new in 95. So, I definitely vote we do both of those renovations for 2001 and the 100 years of Magic.

So, my suggestion:

1995 Muppets
1999 Star Wars
2001 Sunset/Animation plus Prop Warehouse and Fantasmic.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright, one last thought before I head to bed.

I think we are good budget wise with our list of attractions.

Are we doing too much for an Imagineering project though?

I'm a little worried this could run into the same problems of past projects like the 81 page Google doc from Stanza I and the Brava Adventureland from Staza IV. Too much for a project like this.

I mean, this is meant to be our swan song as a team for this competition before the final. But we have a lot here. Maybe things like the Rocketeer attraction and the dark rides in animation other than Roger Rabbit could possibly be cut.

Or we keep it how it is, I don't mind a large project. Just thought I'd mention this looking at all the elements we have

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom