Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

FigmentPigments

I'm increasingly fond of the prop warehouse instead of the Sunset villa for the living prop dark ride. Has anyone here seen Ed Wood? There's a scene where they break into a prop warehouse at night to borrow equipment. Could make for a fun setup.

One way we can sell Eisner on this - and all other new attractions - is to suggest that can be cloned into DCA and WDSP. Imagine the prop warehouse instead of Superstar Limo?! :D

@FigmentPigments, since I assume you'll be taking lead on Maroon Studios, what do you prefer as far as location? Animation Courtyard plus part of the RnRC area behind it? The Sunset Blvd. stuff is pretty malleable (though I'd like to see a Red Car Trolley transportation ride connecting these two areas), so take any space you need for Maroon.
Oh! To be honest, I didn't even think about what section I would take. :oops:

Maybe Animation Courtyard would be the front of Maroon Studios with the Prop warehouse next door leading to the Backlot and Commissary Lane . I think that flow logically. Maroon Studios would expand back towards Rock n Rollercoaster with Roger, Mickey, and the toons.

What do you think about the Cloverleaf Red Car station taking Rock n' Rollercoaster's spot with the Terminal Bar next door? The Red Car could go down Sunset Blvd to around to the Chinese Theatre. Do you think the main walkway from the front of the park is wide enough to support the Red Car going down to the front like at DCA?

D Hulk

Isn't Ink & Paint Club a part of Maroon Studios? Could be either dining or a stage show (Musion projections of animated characters on the stage). Does that work for you, Fig?

Would Maroon Studios be taking up the space all the way to RnRC's entrance near TOT? The gangster EMV takes up a lot of space, and a little might be needed on the RnRC side to do the Griffith Park stuff justice.

FigmentPigments

Isn't Ink & Paint Club a part of Maroon Studios? Could be either dining or a stage show (Musion projections of animated characters on the stage). Does that work for you, Fig?

Would Maroon Studios be taking up the space all the way to RnRC's entrance near TOT? The gangster EMV takes up a lot of space, and a little might be needed on the RnRC side to do the Griffith Park stuff justice.
Cool! I thought the Ink and Paint could be a family restaurant and maybe Oswald's Lounge dedicated to black and white characters or the older forgotten characters.

I completely forgot about the Griffth Park! No worries., I think I can have the Red Car and Terminal Bar by Maroon Studios along with the Prop Warehouse with no issue. Good deal all around.

FigmentPigments

What should be the theme of the SW Shooting Gallery? Bounty Hunters with Han & Chewie, Rebellion themed with Leia in the Queue like Buzz?, or a Stormtrooper Training Academy?
I personally think the Stormtrooper academy would work best. It's kind of an inside joke among the fans that they're so bad. Maybe as a joke, the better the guest's score the more the trainers recommend more practice, but the worst shots are ranked higher. Like a reverse Buzz Lightyear.

D Hulk

Cool! I thought the Ink and Paint could be a family restaurant and maybe Oswald's Lounge dedicated to black and white characters or the older forgotten characters.

I completely forgot about the Griffth Park! No worries., I think I can have the Red Car and Terminal Bar by Maroon Studios along with the Prop Warehouse with no issue. Good deal all around.
Sounds good, Fig. Since I have no firsthand experience with DHS, I'll trust others to determine what route works best for the Trolley. Love that, BTW, and The Terminal. All fun ideas. What about Marvin Acme's Gag Factory near the prop warehouse as a shop or something.

Name idea for the prop warehouse ride: Warehouse of Wonders

Disney Dad 3000

I'm increasingly fond of the prop warehouse instead of the Sunset villa for the living prop dark ride. Has anyone here seen Ed Wood? There's a scene where they break into a prop warehouse at night to borrow equipment. Could make for a fun setup.

One way we can sell Eisner on this - and all other new attractions - is to suggest that can be cloned into DCA and WDSP. Imagine the prop warehouse instead of Superstar Limo?! :D

@FigmentPigments, since I assume you'll be taking lead on Maroon Studios, what do you prefer as far as location? Animation Courtyard plus part of the RnRC area behind it? The Sunset Blvd. stuff is pretty malleable (though I'd like to see a Red Car Trolley transportation ride connecting these two areas), so take any space you need for Maroon.

Ed Wood was great. Good correlation there.

Any way we can save Sci-Fi? It's campy but I always love going there. Not looking at a map now, but it would be a good link to the prop ride.

FigmentPigments

Sounds good, Fig. Since I have no firsthand experience with DHS, I'll trust others to determine what route works best for the Trolley. Love that, BTW, and The Terminal. All fun ideas. What about Marvin Acme's Gag Factory near the prop warehouse as a shop or something.

Name idea for the prop warehouse ride: Warehouse of Wonders
Good call on Marvin Acme's Gag Factory! I'll be sure to include it.

I'll include Warehouse of Wonders as the working title for this ride unless someone has something else. :)

I think I will take lead on Maroon Studios if no one else minds.

FigmentPigments

Another thought. If we're eliminating Sci-Fi Dine In on Commissary Lane, does anyone mind if we do a drive-in theater thing (no idea what) in Sunset Blvd? To me it's an essential vintage element of movies.
Ed Wood was great. Good correlation there.

Any way we can save Sci-Fi? It's campy but I always love going there. Not looking at a map now, but it would be a good link to the prop ride.
I certainly don't mind moving the Sci-Fi Dine somewhere else, but I don't think it can stay on Commissary Lane as it buts up right next to Star Wars land. That's just my view though.

FigmentPigments

Maroon Studios Plus Expansion Area

Animation courtyard becomes Maroon Studios (Hyperion) /Roger Rabbit tie in
Connects to Sunset Blvd and the Backlot, backs up to Rock n' Roller coaster area​

1. Art of Animation - still a working Animation studio and tours through it with exhibits
  2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - then a new show still. (Don't know about this one :hungover:)
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride
  4. Ink and Paint Club/Oswald Lounge - Family Restaurant (Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant)
  5. Toon meet and greet
  6. Cloverleaf Red Car transportation (One Man's Dream) to Chinese Theatre, TOT, and the front of the park (maybe)
  7. Terminal Bar next to Red Car
  8. Warehouse of Wonders - prop warehouse emv ride (Toy Story Ride)
  9. Marvin Acme's Gag Factory gift shop
This is a tentative list

DisneyFan18

Connects to Sunset Blvd and the Backlot, backs up to Rock n' Roller coaster area​

1. Art of Animation - still a working Animation studio and tours through it with exhibits
  2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - then a new show still. (Don't know about this one :hungover:)
  4. Ink and Paint Club/Oswald Lounge - Family Restaurant (Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant)
  5. Toon meet and greet
  6. Cloverleaf Red Car transportation (One Man's Dream) to Chinese Theatre, TOT, and the front of the park (maybe)
This is a tentative list
Sounds great! I think the Warehouse attraction is trackless like Hunny Hunt! Also, weren’t there talks to include a Mickey Ideas? :D

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What should be the theme of the SW Shooting Gallery? Bounty Hunters with Han & Chewie, Rebellion themed with Leia in the Queue like Buzz?, or a Stormtrooper Training Academy?
Alright, this raises a great question.

What era is our Star Wars Land? Because Star Tours takes place during the finale of Episode IV. But Pod Racing is a prequel thing and those were the movies that were coming out then.

Do we change star tours and set the land I prequel era, or do we set everything up to be during the end of Episode IV?

5. Toon meet and greet
This is a tentative list

I love this! One note, the archway between the hub and One Man's Dream is not huge. We'd have to redo a lot of infrastructure to have the trolley there. I'd suggest having the trolley in the Maroon part of the Animation area behind the Art of Animation building.

The trolley was a big thing in Roger Rabbit if I remember correctly.

then have it go past the Roger Rabbit Ride, then onto Sunset, then down that road to another station by the hub.

a lot more space there and a longer trolley line

FigmentPigments

I love this! One note, the archway between the hub and One Man's Dream is not huge. We'd have to redo a lot of infrastructure to have the trolley there. I'd suggest having the trolley in the Maroon part of the Animation area behind the Art of Animation building.

The trolley was a big thing in Roger Rabbit if I remember correctly.

then have it go past the Roger Rabbit Ride, then onto Sunset, then down that road to another station by the hub.

a lot more space there and a longer trolley line
Very well noted! I'll change this as well on the list too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom