Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

AceAstro

I agree with Muppet City being on 95 as a part of shutting down filming. How much of NY Street are we planning to take over? Is Honey I Shrunk the Kids changing too? Or having the entrance moved to the Backlot? Or is the northern end of NY St staying nonMuppets.

What about the theater to the west side of NY Street that had new, smaller shows like Pocahontas and Hunchback? Are we still keeping that or is that becoming Muppets area too. @AceAstro
My plan for tomorrow is to look at the google earth view of MGM in ‘95 so I can get a lay of the land.

The Muppets previously had a show there so maybe it could be moved to the one that has Hunchback of Norte Dame? I was also looking at using that area for the Great Muppet Movie ride. I’ll have a solid answer for you on all that tomorrow!

D Hulk

Alright, one last thought before I head to bed.

I think we are good budget wise with our list of attractions.

Are we doing too much for an Imagineering project though?

I'm a little worried this could run into the same problems of past projects like the 81 page Google doc from Stanza I and the Brava Adventureland from Staza IV. Too much for a project like this.

I mean, this is meant to be our swan song as a team for this competition before the final. But we have a lot here. Maybe things like the Rocketeer attraction and the dark rides in animation other than Roger Rabbit could possibly be cut.

Or we keep it how it is, I don't mind a large project. Just thought I'd mention this looking at all the elements we have
If we limit ourselves to just a paragraph or two max per element, it shouldn’t be too long. Maybe 1 or 2 attractions get full ridethroughs. Still our descriptions will outline every complete experience, but succinctly and with dense, high-content writing.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
My plan for tomorrow is to look at the google earth view of MGM in ‘95 so I can get a lay of the land.

The Muppets previously had a show there so maybe it could be moved to the one that has Hunchback of Norte Dame? I was also looking at using that area for the Great Muppet Movie ride. I’ll have a solid answer for you on all that tomorrow!
That could work. Just let us know what you need/want

If we take that theater up with Muppets, @mickeyfan5534 could do other promotional shows or things for Pocahontas and Hercules elsewhere. He was talking about maybe doing them as parades or something different anyways.

If we limit ourselves to just a paragraph or two max per element, it shouldn’t be too long. Maybe 1 or 2 attractions get full ridethroughs. Still our descriptions will outline every complete experience, but succinctly and with dense, high-content writing.

I think that's best. Set limits for ourselves, but still keep everything. We can still cut parts if no one has enough passion to even write a paragraph. But I think we have a good list.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Budget Estimate (updated)

This is if we do everything we've suggested for these areas. That way we can see what we might need to cut.

Estimates are based on Space's Guide Team Castle used back in Stanza I. Space said himself it was inaccurate and low balling stuff. So, I added to these. I think these estimates are reasonable, especially considering how much new tech we are using. Let me know what I should change.​

1. Star Wars Land placemaking - $100 M​
  2. Cantina QSR - replacing Backlot express - $10 M​
  3. Pod Racing Coaster - or other thrill ride $200 M​
  4. Storm Trooper Shooter Ride - $75 M​
Total for Star Wars: $385 M​

1. Muppet placemaking - $25 M​
  2. Mama Melrose replacement - $10 M​
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement (Pizza planet hadn't opened yet and the space was just prop/promotional displays until then. So we could make it a restaurant still or make something new) - $10 M depending on what we do.​
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride - $125 M​
  5. electric Mayhem Bus - $30 M​
Total for Muppets: $200 M

1. Griffith Park - carousel, greenery, hill. - $50 M​
  2. Rocketeer Simulator Attraction in Griffith observatory - $100 M​
  3. Gangster themed attraction. Possibly Richard Tracy themed. Possibly an EMV. Plus Placemaking - $200 M​
  4. Fantasmic (or similar show) - $75 M​
  5. Daytime show in Fantasmic theater - $25 M​
  6. Jazz Club/Speak Easy Restaurant replacing outdoor QSR area. Possibly Oswald themed. - $20 M​
  7. Other food stands/shops - $30 M​
  8. Streetmoy - $5 M​
Total for Sunset: $505 M​

1. Animation/Maroon Studios Placemaking - $75 M​
  2. Art of Animation Updates - $20 M​
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride - $30 M​
  4. Mickey dark ride - $45 M​
  5. Third dark ride - $45 M​
  6. Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. - $10 M​
  7. Trolley - $10 M​
  8. Prop Warehouse Trackless Dark Ride - $125 M​
  9. One Man's Dream - $5​
Total for Animation/maroon: $365

Add misc for shops and stuff - $50 M
Star Wars - $385 M
Muppets - $200 M
Sunset - $505 M
Animation - $365 M

Total: $1.5 Billion
The budget seems reasonable.

Voxel

I would agree with this to an extent.. The big attractions would have ridethroughs, while smaller ones should have a story plot (if there is one), ride vehicle description, and a summary.

mickeyfan5534

Perfect! I believe @mickeyfan5534 will be working on sunset as that's the part that includes F!
I can do a bit on Sunset. I’ll just work as the fill in guy.m for whatever. And we are doing a 1997 Fantasmic premiere correct? Or are we pushing it back to part of the 100 Years of Magic celebration?

To expand: If we do a 100 Years of Magic Fantasmic, it would frankly be very different from a 1995 or 1997 Fantasmic in that there’d be as much history as you could possibly fit in whereas a 1995 or 1997 would be that eras hot IP.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I can do a bit on Sunset. I’ll just work as the fill in guy.m for whatever. And we are doing a 1997 Fantasmic premiere correct? Or are we pushing it back to part of the 100 Years of Magic celebration?

To expand: If we do a 100 Years of Magic Fantasmic, it would frankly be very different from a 1995 or 1997 Fantasmic in that there’d be as much history as you could possibly fit in whereas a 1995 or 1997 would be that eras hot IP.
I would say 2001.

In real life it opened in late 98 not too long before Rock n Rollercoaster opened. Essentially as a part of the real life Sunset Blvd Expansion.

So, it makes sense to me to tie it into our sunset Expansion. Assuming we are doing Sunset in 2001 like we were talking about last night.

Voxel

I would say 2001.

In real life it opened in late 98 not too long before Rock n Rollercoaster opened. Essentially as a part of the real life Sunset Blvd Expansion.

So, it makes sense to me to tie it into our sunset Expansion. Assuming we are doing Sunset in 2001 like we were talking about last night.
Dang was that really 19 years ago.. I remember we all of those openned. EEK I'm getting old.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
MGM Family photo! Look at this group of loveable weirdos lol
disney-mgm-studios-hollywood-studios-1989-opening.jpeg

pixie_princess

Alright, one last thought before I head to bed.

I think we are good budget wise with our list of attractions.

Are we doing too much for an Imagineering project though?

I'm a little worried this could run into the same problems of past projects like the 81 page Google doc from Stanza I and the Brava Adventureland from Staza IV. Too much for a project like this.

I mean, this is meant to be our swan song as a team for this competition before the final. But we have a lot here. Maybe things like the Rocketeer attraction and the dark rides in animation other than Roger Rabbit could possibly be cut.

Or we keep it how it is, I don't mind a large project. Just thought I'd mention this looking at all the elements we have

Looking at everything all put together I agree that this feels like a lot.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I dont know who some of these characters are....

In the back are the four ninja turtles and April O'Neill. They had a meet and greet and streetmosphere show on NY Street for a bit despite not being Disney.

Below them is Belle and Beast, Roger Rabbit, and Chewbacca.

Then below Beast is Indiana Jones and Marion from the Stunt Show.

C3PO in the middle with and Ewok in front of him.

The bottom right corner is the dinosaur family from the hit ABC sitcom Dinosaur. About a family if dinosaurs. The dinosaurs were puppet suits made by the Jim Henson company. Big hit in the early 90s(?timing?). Even had a parade in MGM. It was, I believe, the first parade at MGM before any other promo temporary parades were made.

Not sure who the mermaid in the bottom left is :p

pixie_princess

In the back are the four ninja turtles and April O'Neill. They had a meet and greet and streetmosphere show on NY Street for a bit despite not being Disney.

Below them is Belle and Beast, Roger Rabbit, and Chewbacca.

Then below Beast is Indiana Jones and Marion from the Stunt Show.

C3PO in the middle with and Ewok in front of him.

The bottom right corner is the dinosaur family from the hit ABC sitcom Dinosaur. About a family if dinosaurs. The dinosaurs were puppet suits made by the Jim Henson company. Big hit in the early 90s(?timing?). Even had a parade in MGM. It was, I believe, the first parade at MGM before any other promo temporary parades were made.

Not sure who the mermaid in the bottom left is :p

Ahh the Dinosaur ones were the biggest ones I wanted to know. They look like Labyrinth characters and scare the heck out of me.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Ahh the Dinosaur ones were the biggest ones I wanted to know. They look like Labyrinth characters and scare the heck out of me.
It's all Henson puppets lol. These ones look less creepy in motion though. More like Flinstones meets ninja turtles.

And as far as us having too much. You know I was on the fence about that two. I think we'd be fine with one or two paragraphs (or less) for everything but major aspects. But I'm also not at all against cutting some stuff.

pixie_princess

Than the best solution would be to prioritize what items we NEED in our presentation and what would be icing on the cake.
And as far as us having too much. You know I was on the fence about that two. I think we'd be fine with one or two paragraphs (or less) for everything but major aspects. But I'm also not at all against cutting some stuff.

I feel like Muppets maybe doesn't need to restaurants but is overall pretty reasonable, SW i think if fine, its the other 2 areas that feel like they have gotten a little to big.

FigmentPigments

I think there's at least 5 elements of Maroon Studios that only need a paragraph or two. So while, Animation seems to have a lot, some of it (like Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, the Red Car, Terminal Bar, and some others don't need a full in depth description).

Again, I don't know what our presentation format will be, but the Disney website outline might be a good format to emulate. Like someone mentioned before, each land should pick one or two elements in their land to do in-depth detail description (whether its a ride, show, or restaurant) and limit the rest to shorter descriptions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom