Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

D Hulk

enhance

Here I'm making some assumptions about ride systems and sizes.

Light green is the size of the Indy EMV (the larger one, Tokyo's), which I'm assuming might be the size of our gangster ride.

Pink and purple on the other side of TOT are Soarin' (DCA's) and Hunny Hunt. I'm assuming a Soarin' system for a Rocketeer attraction housed in Griffith Observatory. Hunny Hunt is a stand-in for this trackless starlet mansion ride I've been discussing. (Both of these are things I'm personally interested in for Sunset, but we'd need some group discussion.)

Orange is Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, since Maroon Studios will be getting a variation on that.

Light blue is what I assume we'd need for Great Muppet Movie Ride, using Tokyo's Monsters Inc as the size reference.

Yellow is the space Everest takes up. Here I'm assuming a Pod Race ride will be a coaster, which this park otherwise doesn't have. Note I have zero idea how the park's left side works and where we can actually located these things.

There's plenty of room around this stuff for other things like dining venues, smaller rides and walkways. Just getting an idea for what we're dealing with.

Last edited:

DisneyFan18

enhance

Here I'm making some assumptions about ride systems and sizes.

Light green is the size of the Indy EMV (the larger one, Tokyo's), which I'm assuming might be the size of our gangster ride.

Pink and purple on the other side of TOT are Soarin' (DCA's) and Hunny Hunt. I'm assuming a Soarin' system for a Rocketeer attraction housed in Griffith Observatory. Hunny Hunt is a stand-in for this trackless starlet mansion ride I've been discussing. (Both of these are things I'm personally interested in for Sunset, but we'd need some group discussion.)

Orange is Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, since Maroon Studios will be getting a variation on that.

Light blue is what I assume we'd need for Great Muppet Movie Ride, using Tokyo's Monsters Inc as the size reference.

Yellow is the space Everest takes up. Here I'm assuming a Pod Race ride will be a coaster, which this park otherwise doesn't have. Note I have zero idea how the park's left side works and where we can actually located these things.

There's plenty of room around this stuff for other things like dining venues, smaller rides and walkways. Just getting an idea for what we're dealing with.
I’m also unsure of the ride system for Pod Racers, can someone explain that?

Disney Dad 3000

Maybe it can be some sort of Autopia meets dark ride? The ride vehicle could look like this

I do like the idea of making it a coaster. Would seem to fit the experience. You vould probably have the coaster have some resemblance to that with a series of pods and then the boosters in front. Queue through the garage and finish in the grandstands where the coaster has just taKen off in the race?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe we should begin today to divide into teams as we’re only 6 days away from the deadline? The options: TeamMuppet, TeamSW, TeamMaroon, TeamSunset.
Alright, we need more than just those four lands though.

1. The Walking version of the Bcaklot Tour was dying slowly throughout the mid 90s. It was replaced in 2001 by Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (where Toy Story Mania is), One Man's Dream, and the space that would go on the Narnia. So, we need to also do something about the walking tour. Update it or replace it. Do what they did in real life or something new.
  2. ABC Theater. This had the interactive show where guests got to be a part of ABC shows. This was dated by the late 90s and replaced with Doug Live. Doug Live was unpopular and shut down in 01. The space was empty for years after until it became American Idol/Frozen Sing Along. What are we gonna do with this theater? We could always just keep the outside facade and use the inside of the theater itself as more space for whatever star wars stuff was gonna be hidden behind facades in the Sounds Dangerous Theater next door. Or we could do a new show in the theater.

The rest of the stuff like Soundstage Restaurant/Playhouse Disney and the NY Street Theater are probably just gonna get folded in as a part of Maroon/Muppets. But Millionaire and Doug seem separate from the areas we are doing, but are things that needed to be addressed in the park 95-01

D Hulk

I do like the idea of making it a coaster. Would seem to fit the experience. You vould probably have the coaster have some resemblance to that with a series of pods and then the boosters in front. Queue through the garage and finish in the grandstands where the coaster has just taKen off in the race?
Thinking it could be like an outdoors version of RnRC. Do perhaps an initial slow portion on guide tires, and then a big launch.

To get the racing effect, we can make it a dueling coaster. Either there are two separate tracks (which doubles capacity) or we can do like Magic Mountain's Twisted Colossus and have each train go through both courses before returning to the station and unloading.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
yALa9e6.jpg

So, someone had asked my idea for Star Wars Layout.

Star Tours stays the same, just with the updates to fit the land.

1 is the Pod Racing ride. Some kinda slot car coaster could work well. Like Rocket Rods, but with multiple tracks so it feels like a race and not designed terribly.

2 is the Cantina quick service. Takes over Backlot Express

3 is the inside of Sounds Dangerous/Doug Theater. The outside of the buildings remain mostly the same to not disrupt echo lake/hub theming. But the side facing star wars land and the insides are all star wars themed. Not a tone of space, but enough for a character experience. Or maybe a dark ride if we do take up both theaters. Possibly even enough for that bounty Hunter ride if done compactly/cheaply. Cut out sets like on buzz lightyear.

4 is a Jawa shop. Or maybe something more prequel themed.

Dark red lines are the Soundstage entryways that Transition from studio areas to Star Wars Land.

pixie_princess

1. The Walking version of the Bcaklot Tour was dying slowly throughout the mid 90s. It was replaced in 2001 by Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (where Toy Story Mania is), One Man's Dream, and the space that would go on the Narnia. So, we need to also do something about the walking tour. Update it or replace it. Do what they did in real life or something new.
  2. ABC Theater. This had the interactive show where guests got to be a part of ABC shows. This was dated by the late 90s and replaced with Doug Live. Doug Live was unpopular and shut down in 01. The space was empty for years after until it became American Idol/Frozen Sing Along. What are we gonna do with this theater? We could always just keep the outside facade and use the inside of the theater itself as more space for whatever star wars stuff was gonna be hidden behind facades in the Sounds Dangerous Theater next door. Or we could do a new show in the theater.

The rest of the stuff like Soundstage Restaurant/Playhouse Disney and the NY Street Theater are probably just gonna get folded in as a part of Maroon/Muppets. But Millionaire and Doug seem separate from the areas we are doing, but are things that needed to be addressed in the park 95-01

Alright, I am going to accept that I don't know near enough about this park at this time, nor being a PM so maybe sense Vox is out of commission today you could help me out and make a list of the things you think we will need to be focused on.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thinking it could be like an outdoors version of RnRC. Do perhaps an initial slow portion on guide tires, and then a big launch.

To get the racing effect, we can make it a dueling coaster. Either there are two separate tracks (which doubles capacity) or we can do like Magic Mountain's Twisted Colossus and have each train go through both courses before returning to the station and unloading.
This works. The tracks/cars may not be easily themed, but the rock work of Tatooine and the Pod Racing course would hide a lot of it. Sort of like a more extreme Thunder Mountain

Disney Dad 3000

I like the dueling coaster aspect. That's kind of a basic idea that had been around awhile, but it really help conveys the racing aspect. A portion could be indoor as well to mimic Ep 1.

Would add a nice themed variety to the lineup at a time when all the atrsvtions were 10 min plus (which I like).

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Alright, I am going to accept that I don't know near enough about this park at this time, nor being a PM so maybe sense Vox is out of commission today you could help me out and make a list of the things you think we will need to be focused on.
The back alley of the park needed to be replaced during this time. It was a walking tour, but the walking tour died. In real life, it became Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and One Man's Dream. Or, in present day, Pixar place and Walt Disney preview center. Basically everything from the tram tour entrance to Mermaid needed to be replaced in the late 90s.

So, for our project, we need:

1. Star Wars Land
  2. Muppets Expansion
  3. Sunset Blvd Expansion
  4. Animation Expansion/Maroon Studios
  5. Walking Tour Replacement (Pixar Place area/One Man's Dream)
  6. Frozen Sing Along theater needed a new show too (but might be folded into Star Wars)
Essentially, we need the four lands/expansions we talked about. Plus something for the Walking Tour Space. So, one extra show or cheap ride.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe for the Millionaire space, we could do the trackless dark ride concept back there. We'd have to cut down on the budget somewhere else to afford it probably, but it's a big enough space.

Make it a ride through a prop warehouse where the props come to life. They had a tone of old movie sets and props back there that we could play with. Plus we could make fale ones of course. Give it a Mystic Manor type vibe while still fitting the theme of an actual studio Backlot and being uniquely studoo themed

pixie_princess

Maybe for the Millionaire space, we could do the trackless dark ride concept back there. We'd have to cut down on the budget somewhere else to afford it probably, but it's a big enough space.

Make it a ride through a prop warehouse where the props come to life. They had a tone of old movie sets and props back there that we could play with. Plus we could make fale ones of course. Give it a Mystic Manor type vibe while still fitting the theme of an actual studio Backlot and being uniquely studoo themed

That could be neat, where are we putting maroon studios right now and where is oswald going. Have we figured that out?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
That could be neat, where are we putting maroon studios right now and where is oswald going. Have we figured that out?
I believe it bridges behind the art of Animation building to where Rocking Rollercoaster is now so it can connect to Sunset. It could easily stretch to take up to One Man's Dream Space or some of the Millionaire space if we wanted. Plus, of course, the current animation courtyard would be mixed in with it as the new Animation Courtyard/Maroon area

Right? That was my understanding at least

D Hulk

What about doing the gangster EMV in the Millionaire space? That back alley could easily retheme to a noir back alley. We lose the studio theming, but keep a period magic Los Angeles vibe.

The trackless dark ride (if instead located in Sunset's lush residential area) could still involve these good prop ideas. It'd be set in an aging silent-era starlet's Spanish villa, full of props, memorabilia, posters, wax figures, a private film screening room - all of which come to life (divided up into the various major genres from 20's - 50's).

For Maroon, could we include a replica of Disney's old Hyperion Studios he had until 1939?
74_big.jpg

AceAstro

These are great points that I didn’t even consider!!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Here is my understanding of what we're are doing

iCJMTNi.jpg

Star Wars Land - Orange
Immersive land themed to Tatooine. It is hidden behind Soundstage walls to be immersive without hurting the theme of the rest of the park.​

1. Star Tours - updated to fit the land.​
  2. Cantina QSR - replacing Backlot express​
  3. Pod Racing Coaster - or other thrill ride​
  4. Character experience and/or dark ride - taking over theinside of the sound theater. Maybe also the ABC theater depending on what we do.​

Muppet Land - Green

An expansion to the Muppets Courtyard section of NY Street. Takes the concept of the sets/studios of the area to have the Muppets filming on NY Street.
  1. Muppetvision​
  2. Mama Melrose replacement​
  3. Pizza Planet Space replacement (Pizza planet hadn't opened yet and the space was just prop/promotional displays until then. So we could make it a restaurant still or make something new)​
  4. Great Muppet Movie Ride or Electric Mayhem Bus Ride​

Sunset Blvd Expansion - Yellow

An expansion to the Sunset Blvd area. Includes more greenery and a new thrill ride
  1. Griffith Park - carousel, greenery. Maybe a Rocketeer attraction or a restaurant in the observatory​
  2. Gangster themed attraction. Possibly Richard Tracy themed. Possibly an EMV.​
  3. Jazz Club/Speak Easy Restaurant replacing outdoor QSR area. Possibly Oswald themed.​
  4. ?Trackless dark ride themed to a villa with mysterious stuff going on?​
Maroon Studios/Animation Courtyard - Red

An expansion to animation courtyard that ties in Roger Rabbit an connects it to Sunset Blvd.
  1. Art of Animation - still a working Animation studio and tours through it with exhibits. Maybe slightly reworked to add more of a path to Sunset Blvd.​
  2. Voyage of the Little Mermaid - then a new show still.​
  3. Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin - or some other Roger Rabbit ride​
  4. Replacement for Soundstage Restaurant. Possibly Playhouse Disney like in real life.​
  5. Something Oswald. Maybe not if we do Oswald on Sunset with the jazz club/speak easy​
Walking Tour space - Purple

A replacement for the walking section of the Backlot Tour. Eventually became Millionaire/Toy Story Mania and One Man's Dream
  1. Keep One Man's Dream?​
  2. Prop warehouse dark ride??? If we don't do the villa dark ride​
  3. Gangster emv??? If we don't put it on sunset.​

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What about doing the gangster EMV in the Millionaire space? That back alley could easily retheme to a noir back alley. We lose the studio theming, but keep a period magic Los Angeles vibe.

The trackless dark ride (if instead located in Sunset's lush residential area) could still involve these good prop ideas. It'd be set in an aging silent-era starlet's Spanish villa, full of props, memorabilia, posters, wax figures, a private film screening room - all of which come to life (divided up into the various major genres from 20's - 50's).

For Maroon, could we include a replica of Disney's old Hyperion Studios he had until 1939?
74_big.jpg
I'm not sure about gangsters going back there. That would put another urban areas in between the two studio areas. Put it could work. Maybe not enough space.

I definitely love the Hyperion studios being in Animation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom