Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

D Hulk

Would you like to have the due date extended until next Friday?

As much as Red and I were joking about keeping the project under wraps we haven't really even started :p we've both been very busy and this format was only decided on Monday night from the original format so its been a bit hectic haha

Totally up to you all though theres a ton of great brainstorming here if youre not rushed this could turn into one of the greatest projects on the forum! (Well next to ours of course;))
As you note later, I'm leaving on vacation on the 22nd of this month. I don't mind the extension if this remains adequate time to complete a final project. Thanks!

D Hulk

So all the Fantasmic location debate, I hated the walk but if it shortened just a couple hundred yards it would be far better. It could even share some backstage with the Theatre of the Stars. OR it could replace Theatre of the Stars.
Still reading through, and don't really know the layout, but...I like this! Replace Theatre of the Stars, use the new F! stage for a similar daytime show at that venue (non-IP movie musical ideas, I have for it).

Would this work with crowd flow patterns? It'd be I guess a bit off of the main Sunset Blvd. drag, and further from that Sunset Blvd. dead-end (which we're fixing anyway).

D Hulk

Maybe we should focus today on brainstorming what we want to do with each of the 4 lands? Muppets/SW/Sunset/Roger Rabbit?
Functionally, based on Pi's wonderful MGM analysis, it seems we need more family rides, more thrill rides, and more green space. And go light on the shows. Maybe add quality dining venues, since the park lacks that.

Muppets and Roger Rabbit are great for family rides. Either of these would be a great Phase 1 thing to begin with.

Star Wars and potential elements of Sunset (gangster ride, Rocketeer ride) provide the thrills. The extended theming to Sunset Blvd., as I see it, brings in lots of that park-like greenery we need. To set it apart from the "downtown Hollywood" style of Hollywood Blvd., am picturing it as a period-appropriate Hollywood Hills / Los Feliz / Griffith Park area. Where the celebs live and relax.

Would like to create a forced perspective hillside behind Sunset/Maroon where we can create a "Hollywoodland" sign. (The classic "Hollywood" sign I believe it copyrighted, but a variation inspired by it would be nice.) Seedy gangster elements are kept indoors . If y'all cannot tell, I'm angling to be on Team Sunset.

DisneyFan18

Functionally, based on Pi's wonderful MGM analysis, it seems we need more family rides, more thrill rides, and more green space. And go light on the shows. Maybe add quality dining venues, since the park lacks that.

Muppets and Roger Rabbit are great for family rides. Either of these would be a great Phase 1 thing to begin with.

Star Wars and potential elements of Sunset (gangster ride, Rocketeer ride) provide the thrills. The extended theming to Sunset Blvd., as I see it, brings in lots of that park-like greenery we need. To set it apart from the "downtown Hollywood" style of Hollywood Blvd., am picturing it as a period-appropriate Hollywood Hills / Los Feliz / Griffith Park area. Where the celebs live and relax.

Would like to create a forced perspective hillside behind Sunset/Maroon where we can create a "Hollywoodland" sign. (The classic "Hollywood" sign I believe it copyrighted, but a variation inspired by it would be nice.) Seedy gangster elements are kept indoors . If y'all cannot tell, I'm angling to be on Team Sunset.
Sounds like a good plan to me! I’m unsure of which team I want to work on, I would prefer knowing what’s being done in each area before deciding! Maybe an Indy Walkthrough can be added next to the show to add more green space?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
How about this for Sunset/Noir/Fantasmic area.

S0gGz6l.jpg

1 is Griffith Park. Merry Go Round based on the one that inspired Disneyland. Maybe a table service/bar in the observatory. Or an attraction or something. Use the hill to hide parade storage. Adds greenery

2 is the gangster/Richard Tracy/whatever ride. The facade hiding the show building facing Griffith Park can be themed to host a silent film themed Slapstick streetmosphere.

3 is the speak easy/jazz club. Possibly with an Oswald theme to help transition to toon studio area.

4 is the Maroon Studios. This is bigger than it looks on the stylistic map. Enough for at least a decent dark ride and some great place making. Plus we have animation courtyard itself to work with that this would connect to. Possibly with a Hollywoodland sign along the transition area

This keeps F! Where it is in real life tucked away, buy with Griffith Park/gangsters along the path keeping it a bit more connected allowing day time shows in the theater to be more practical. And the day time shows in the theater would make up for the loss of Beauty and the Beast

Does this seem like a good compromise and tie ideas together we'll?

AceAstro

How about this for Sunset/Noir/Fantasmic area.

S0gGz6l.jpg

1 is Griffith Park. Merry Go Round based on the one that inspired Disneyland. Maybe a table service/bar in the observatory. Or an attraction or something. Use the hill to hide parade storage. Adds greenery

2 is the gangster/Richard Tracy/whatever ride. The facade hiding the show building facing Griffith Park can be themed to host a silent film themed Slapstick streetmosphere.

3 is the speak easy/jazz club. Possibly with an Oswald theme to help transition to toon studio area.

4 is the Maroon Studios. This is bigger than it looks on the stylistic map. Enough for at least a decent dark ride and some great place making. Plus we have animation courtyard itself to work with that this would connect to. Possibly with a Hollywoodland sign along the transition area

This keeps F! Where it is in real life tucked away, buy with Griffith Park/gangsters along the path keeping it a bit more connected allowing day time shows in the theater to be more practical. And the day time shows in the theater would make up for the loss of Beauty and the Beast

Does this seem like a good compromise and tie ideas together we'll?
I think this looks great!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
So, with Animation Courtyard/Maroon Studios, what is our plan with the Soundstage Restaurant.

In 1995 it was a character buffet themed to the "sets" of animated movies. In 99, it became a Bear in the Big Blue House Show. In 2001 it became Playhouse Disney Live on Stage.

Do we want to keep that transition more or less the same, or do something different with that space?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Sounds like a good plan to me! I’m unsure of which team I want to work on, I would prefer knowing what’s being done in each area before deciding! Maybe an Indy Walkthrough can be added next to the show to add more green space?
The extended queue for Indy is practically a walkthrough attraction already. It could easily be expanded into a full walk through rather cheaply. Problem is that the extended queue was still being used back then. So, we'd need to work around that

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
@spacemt354 does the scope of what we should be doing include stuff they actually did? Like Doug Live, Sounds Dangerous, Bear in the Big Blue House, Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Or should our DCA 2.0 level renovation include replacements for Soundstage restaurant amd the Backlot Walking Tour in our budget?
I'm a bit confused by the question -- you don't have to include stuff that actually happened if that's the question, it's free reign to do whatever you want!

D Hulk

enhance

Sorry to return to the "let's move Fantasmic!" debate. I've mapped the same-size theater in other locations.

Simply moved closer to TOT within Sunset Blvd. doesn't work, it's way too large and there'd be no room to do anything else. Replacing Indy with the F! stage (and doubling up with that as a new Indy stage) is slightly more realistic, but it eats nearly all the space available over there.

Thinking it over, @Pionmycake's version which keeps F! where it is, but pulls more park stuff over there so daytime use is viable...that I like the most!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom