Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe if we have whatever expansion we do to Sunset Blvd go towards where F! Is a bit in real life and build the ampitheater a bit less out of the way, we could use that separated space without it being too separated to use during the day.

Or I'm sure we could get creative to make echolake work if we wanted. I'm really fine either way.

And I agree with @DisneyFan18 that we shouldn't retheme the Indy show if we don't have to. There enough room by Star Tours for a pod racing attraction to be added with just reworking backstage areas. And the cantina can take over Backlot express. Rethiming a popular stunt show based on a Lucasfilm franchise to be based on a different popular Lucasfilm franchise seems excessive to me. But I'm not against it if it is the direction we want to go. Just feels like a lateral move when the budget could be used elsewhere

AceAstro

Morning stuff to keep in mind:

Turtle Talk opened in 2004 and was pretty revolutionary when it did. So, if we do anything with similar technology, 2001 is the absolute earliest it would be realistic tech wise and even then maaaaybe require a small stretch.

Streets of America back then was just New York. Back lot/studio areas and the New York Street set. So, changing cities or settings would add to the cost as it was solely NY and still used for filming up occasionally until 95ish. So, while changing the theming of the area away from NY to another city is definitely possible, we gotta remember that doing that would add to cost.

Test Track was new technology that didn't work well in 99. So, if we use similar tech we should simplify it. And open it late in 2001. Or at least 99
I agree about Turtle Talk. It was the idea of the show, not necessarily the technology.

Theming NY Street to Muppets would be easy by using ideas from Muppets Take Manhattan

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
I was thinking maybe next Saturday or Sunday?
I know there are some trips coming up for a few people, @D Hindley June 22nd? @Voxel the 18th?

However as long as we changed up the semi-final, I have an idea for the finale as well - sort of like a choose your own ending Horizons finale which ties in nicely with the theme and also gives everyone some autonomy in the direction of it as a thank you for sticking with us these past few months.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Are we doing anything with Commisary Lane? Maybe it can be consumed by SWL & Muppets?
Commissary Lane is rather narrow. Plus it features one of the most popular table service locations and THE most popular quick service in a park known for weak dining options.

It could make a great Tatooine alley connecting Star Wars Land with the hub, but we'd need to keep at very least the commissary as a very similar dining location. And there wouldn't be space to add stuff without cutting what's there

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Commissary Lane is rather narrow. Plus it features one of the most popular table service locations and THE most popular quick service in a park known for weak dining options.

It could make a great Tatooine alley connecting Star Wars Land with the hub, but we'd need to keep at very least the commissary as a very similar dining location. And there wouldn't be space to add stuff without cutting what's there
We could take over the Sounds Dangerous Theater to add a small show or character experience. That feels like a safe thing to cut right on the edge of the Star Tours area. We could even keep the facade the same from the echo lake side so it won't mess with sight lines

Disney Dad 3000

I know there are some trips coming up for a few people, @D Hindley June 22nd? @Voxel the 18th?

However as long as we changed up the semi-final, I have an idea for the finale as well - sort of like a choose your own ending Horizons finale which ties in nicely with the theme and also gives everyone some autonomy in the direction of it as a thank you for sticking with us these past few months.

Guess that means no more Haunted Board Room? :)

Voxel

President of Progress City
Sorry I’m running around today. I had to get overtime approved at work -.- (on the positive it gives me more money for japan).
So my concern about the theatre being moved to Disney junior is soemthing I have to see on paper or drawn out because I fear we will lose the animation studios which are working at this time and ppl still miss the animation tours in hollywood

DisneyFan18

We could take over the Sounds Dangerous Theater to add a small show or character experience. That feels like a safe thing to cut right on the edge of the Star Tours area. We could even keep the facade the same from the echo lake side so it won't mess with sight lines
I like the idea, Commissary remains basically the same just rethemed to SW, not yet Tattoine as it is part of the transition, and Sounds Dangerous becomes a character M&G with fan favorites like Luke, Vader, Han, Leia, and Chewie. Sci-Fi Dine could Retheme the cars into SW vehicles, like the one Luke & Obi Wan use in Episode IV?

Voxel

President of Progress City
I like the idea, Commissary remains basically the same just rethemed to SW, not yet Tattoine as it is part of the transition, and Sounds Dangerous becomes a character M&G with fan favorites like Luke, Vader, Han, Leia, and Chewie. Sci-Fi Dine could Retheme the cars into SW vehicles, like the one Luke & Obi Wan use in Episode IV?
I though that we are doing Star Wars further back, almost into the parking lot like everyone expected the expansion to be. So we are doing echo lake then!?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Just curious, I saw commissary and didn’t remember if that was a proposal or idea throwing out.
My understanding is that we currently have two main versions of the star Wars Land. Neither takes over Echo Lake and both extend into the parking lot for at least one attraction.

Here is the smaller one with the dark red marks representing the Soundstage entrances/exits to the land
6lcgPuZ.jpg

This one would have the Backlot express as a quick service, star tours, a character experience (or small show or something) in the Sounds Dangerous Theater, and a big new attraction in the parking lot.

Then there is the larger version:
Kl8wzVf.jpg

This would be essentially the same except with Star Wars extended down Commissary Lane. Adding a table service (rethemed sci-fi) and a second quick service (commisarry).

Personally, I think the smaller one is plenty of space and the commisarry Lane does not add enough to be worth changing. But it works rather well either way imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom