Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

Voxel

President of Progress City
Okay so here's what we got (this does not include everyone's ideas as I know there was varying ideas for Maroon Studios and I think Oswald was thrown in somewhere too, but I think this gives us a good jumping off point)

Muppet City
: Streets of America area slightly rethemed
Theme: The Muppets’ neighborhood in Hollywood
Attraction Ideas: MuppetVision 3D (existing centerpiece)The Great Muppet Movie Ride (interactive dark ride, guests control a movie camera rig)
Various Muppets’ homes (walkthroughs with interactive elements including a “Turtle Talk” style Fozzie)
Great Gonzo flying spinner (if we need a spinner)
Swedish Chef’s restaurant
Electric Mayhem show venue (@AceAstro has more)

Star Wars Land (not final name)
Location: Echo Lake area rethemed to Tatoine, entry through a soundstage for transition
Theme: Harry Potter
Attraction Ideas: Star Tours (still here)
Jabba’s Stunt Show (Indy Stunt Show rethemes to a battle over the Sarlacc pit)
Pod Racers thrill ride (coaster, or Test Track)
Cantina (restaurant and show venue)
Live streetmosphere involving Jedi and Storm Troopers

Maroon Studios
Theme: Roger Rabbit studios where famous toons perform
Attraction Ideas: Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (clone from Disneyland)
Ink & Paint Club (show venue using “Musion” projected cartoon characters)
Red Car Trolley (transportation ride to nearby lands)
The Terminal Bar (restaurant, a speakeasy alongside the Red Car station)
The Magic of Disney Animation (existing attraction, real live animation studio)
Mickey Mouse dark ride (Fantasyland style, ride through Mickey filming his famous shorts)
Additional similar dark rides? (for other famous Disney stars)

Sunset Boulevard (1920s Hollywood)
: Purple boxes, where present day Sunset Blvd is
Theme: 1920s Hollywood. From the glitz and glamour, the seedy underbelly, the haunted hotels, and the classic films
Attraction Ideas:
Gangster Ride A trolley ride or something themed to gangsters and back alleys. Possibly inspired by the Richard Tracy ride that never was. Preferably noIP as Richard Tracy was seen as a critical and commercial failure that audiences didn't like which is why the ride wasn't built in the first place.
Jazz Club and/or Speak Easy Restaurant
Silent film inspired outdoor show
. Basically a Slapstick streetmosphere with sets and props built into the facades of the area
Trackless Ride or Nightmare Before Christmas. some other attraction either entered through Hollywood graveyard at the base of Tower of Terror or the trackless Ride. Just some added experience.

Fantasmic like show
Get rid of the Playhouse Disney theater and some other stuff there that is expandable and you can make a lake HERE that is big enough for a Fantasmic level show. And thematically it makes a lot more sense here connected to the animation area, sunset Blvd, and the hub than it does over in an Indy area in the back of the park.
I don't feel like Destroying Playhouse Disney will create enough room unless your destroying the animation studios too?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Morning stuff to keep in mind:

Turtle Talk opened in 2004 and was pretty revolutionary when it did. So, if we do anything with similar technology, 2001 is the absolute earliest it would be realistic tech wise and even then maaaaybe require a small stretch.

Streets of America back then was just New York. Back lot/studio areas and the New York Street set. So, changing cities or settings would add to the cost as it was solely NY and still used for filming up occasionally until 95ish. So, while changing the theming of the area away from NY to another city is definitely possible, we gotta remember that doing that would add to cost.

Test Track was new technology that didn't work well in 99. So, if we use similar tech we should simplify it. And open it late in 2001. Or at least 99

D Hulk

Morning stuff to keep in mind:

Turtle Talk opened in 2004 and was pretty revolutionary when it did. So, if we do anything with similar technology, 2001 is the absolute earliest it would be realistic tech wise and even then maaaaybe require a small stretch.

Streets of America back then was just New York. Back lot/studio areas and the New York Street set. So, changing cities or settings would add to the cost as it was solely NY and still used for filming up occasionally until 95ish. So, while changing the theming of the area away from NY to another city is definitely possible, we gotta remember that doing that would add to cost.

Test Track was new technology that didn't work well in 99. So, if we use similar tech we should simplify it. And open it late in 2001. Or at least 99
Similarly to the idea for Star Wars Land (transitioning through a "hot set" soundstage into a fully immersive Tatoine setting), could Muppet City be similarly immersive? So the land itself is set in Manhattan, which we reach via a similar brief soundstage transition. Someone - maybe it was you, Pi - suggested so much earlier. This is the setting of Muppets Take Manhattan primarily, and any theming changes aren't architectural but are Muppet details added on top of existing facades. That turns the land away from a backlot into something real, and it's budget-friendly like some of the minor thematic overlays they made for DCA 2.0.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I don't feel like Destroying Playhouse Disney will create enough room unless your destroying the animation studios too?
On scribble maps, there is enough room for a lagoon the size of the stage/lagoon for current Studios Fantasmic if it cuts out some backstage stuff and some of the outdoor seating area of the Market eating area along Sunset Blvd. It's not a ton of space, but it's enough for it. Or, we could just keep the ampitheater they built in real life

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Similarly to the idea for Star Wars Land (transitioning through a "hot set" soundstage into a fully immersive Tatoine setting), could Muppet City be similarly immersive? So the land itself is set in Manhattan, which we reach via a similar brief soundstage transition. Someone - maybe it was you, Pi - suggested so much earlier. This is the setting of Muppets Take Manhattan primarily, and any theming changes aren't architectural but are Muppet details added on top of existing facades. That turns the land away from a backlot into something real, and it's budget-friendly like some of the minor thematic overlays they made for DCA 2.0.
Yes, I think that was me. Have the Muppets Studio by MuppetVision and they're filming on the Manhattan sets. Then this sets transition to regular NY Street

D Hulk

Also, tremendous
On scribble maps, there is enough room for a lagoon the size of the stage/lagoon for current Studios Fantasmic if it cuts out some backstage stuff and some of the outdoor seating area of the Market eating area along Sunset Blvd. It's not a ton of space, but it's enough for it. Or, we could just keep the ampitheater they built in real life
Keeping the real F! amphitheater is okay...IF we add a daytime function to it. At least that's my opinion.

I don't like the idea of a dedicated F! venue; it seems inefficient in a space-strapped park. Something more centrally located perhaps, which can also do the daytime shows like B&tB Live on stage, that might be better. (I say all this having no spatial knowledge of DHS or its F!)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Also, tremendous

Keeping the real F! amphitheater is okay...IF we add a daytime function to it. At least that's my opinion.

I don't like the idea of a dedicated F! venue; it seems inefficient in a space-strapped park. Something more centrally located perhaps, which can also do the daytime shows like B&tB Live on stage, that might be better. (I say all this having no spatial knowledge of DHS or its F!)
Current F! Venue is pretty far out of the way. In my opinion, it adds a lot to the show walking along the wooded path to the theater as Disney music plays. Makes it feel magical and special.

BUT I am well aware most people aren't huge fans of the ten minute walk and many prefer the way Disneyland has it as being a part of the park.

Plus, the separation really makes it difficult to use the theater during the day.

Another idea I had suggested earlier that no one commented on that might work is just expanding Echo Lake. Instead of adding Sounds Dangerous and Doug Live, demolish those and have the lake stretch up to Commissary Lane. That fixes commisarry Lane being a cramped back alley and it gives us a a lake for the show right by the hub

D Hulk

Another idea I had suggested earlier that no one commented on that might work is just expanding Echo Lake. Instead of adding Sounds Dangerous and Doug Live, demolish those and have the lake stretch up to Commissary Lane. That fixes commisarry Lane being a cramped back alley and it gives us a a lake for the show right by the hub
Hmm, that sounds doable. Would it cut into the proposed Star Wars expansion stuff at all?

It looks like Echo Lake is alongside the Indy theater. Could the new F! stage along Echo Lake also host the stunt show during the day? That would allow for more water-based stunts as well, a-a Uni's Waterworld show (which is really good).

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hmm, that sounds doable. Would it cut into the proposed Star Wars expansion stuff at all?

It looks like Echo Lake is alongside the Indy theater. Could the new F! stage along Echo Lake also host the stunt show during the day? That would allow for more water-based stunts as well, a-a Uni's Waterworld show (which is really good).
If we stretched Star Wars Land all the way to take over Indiana Jones Stunt Show it might effect things, but we could work around that by having a wall of facades separate Star Wars from Echo Lake. Or we just have Star Wars Land start past the stunt show instead of including it. Indy was still very popular (it still is honestly). Either way it could be made to work if we wanted.

Disney Dad 3000

Current F! Venue is pretty far out of the way. In my opinion, it adds a lot to the show walking along the wooded path to the theater as Disney music plays. Makes it feel magical and special.

BUT I am well aware most people aren't huge fans of the ten minute walk and many prefer the way Disneyland has it as being a part of the park.

Plus, the separation really makes it difficult to use the theater during the day.

I'm actually with you. I kind of like F! off by itself. Feels like you are going to something.
If you do the show in an expanded echo lake, what do we think about crowd control/viewing?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Would you like to have the due date extended until next Friday?

As much as Red and I were joking about keeping the project under wraps we haven't really even started :p we've both been very busy and this format was only decided on Monday night from the original format so its been a bit hectic haha

Totally up to you all though theres a ton of great brainstorming here if youre not rushed this could turn into one of the greatest projects on the forum! (Well next to ours of course;))

pixie_princess

Would you like to have the due date extended until next Friday?

As much as Red and I were joking about keeping the project under wraps we haven't really even started :p we've both been very busy and this format was only decided on Monday night from the original format so its been a bit hectic haha

Totally up to you all though theres a ton of great brainstorming here if youre not rushed this could turn into one of the greatest projects on the forum! (Well next to ours of course;))

I would perfer the due date extended.

pixie_princess

I'm actually with you. I kind of like F! off by itself. Feels like you are going to something.
If you do the show in an expanded echo lake, what do we think about crowd control/viewing?

I also like F! by itself, plus with Pi talking about how hugely busy it was keeping it in the park itself seems like a crowd control nightmare with how popular we know it will be.

Suchomimus

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
wMV7siR.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom