Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

DisneyFan18

I will vote for the ToT area, with D’s Trackless Dark Ride, and with something instead of RnR. It was Griffith Park I believe the proposal for there?

Echo Lake transformation into Lucasfilm Studio, with Tatooine, keep the current Indiana Stunt Show as is, and if wanted a Indy themed attraction, maybe like the Paris Coaster to keep it low budget?

Then the addition of Muppet themed attraction to Streets of America, and a Roger Rabbit attraction to Animation Courtyard.

I believe someone mentioned that the DCA revamp included two lands, and two attractions? Or something along the lines, so maybe this could be in that scope?

pixie_princess

Also, parade wise, what do you think of movie ad parades up to 2001 and then a giant celebration parade in 2001

1995 - Pocahontas
1996 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame
1997 - Hercules
1998 - Mulan
1999 - Toy Story
2000 - Fantasia 2000
2001 - 100 Years of Magic Celebration Parade

I love this in concept but that sounds like a lot of money and floats that will only get used very very briefly. Thats a quick turn around.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Also, parade wise, what do you think of movie ad parades up to 2001 and then a giant celebration parade in 2001

1995 - Pocahontas
1997 - Hercules
1998 - Mulan
1999 - Toy Story
2000 - Fantasia 2000

I love this in concept but that sounds like a lot of money and floats that will only get used very very briefly. Thats a quick turn around.

For reference, this is the real life promotional stuff they did with parades during this time. A new one every 2 years give or take. Every year may be a bit much. But I could see something else being used as a promo show thing for stuff not seen in parades

• Dinosaurs Live (September 26, 1991 – August 29, 1992)
  • Aladdin's Royal Caravan (December 21, 1992 – August 27, 1995)
  • Toy Story – The Parade (November 22, 1995 – June 8, 1997)
  • Hercules "Zero to Hero" Victory Parade (June 27, 1997 – April 18, 1998)
  • Mulan – The Parade (June 19, 1998 – March 11, 2001)
  • Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade(October 1, 2001 – March 8, 2008)

pixie_princess

ALRIGHT AND ITS PAST MIDNIGHT AND WE HAVE SEEN A LOT OF RESPONSES HERE! I am really happy with how well we managed to pair things down. So I am going to go with what I have seen as most popular, and we can start divying up tasks tomorrow and go into more finalized details. But for tonight:

1920's area: located on Sunset Blvd, involves Oswald.

Maroon Cartoon Studios: back where RnRC is.

Both Star Wars and Muppets done smaller scale, one new ride in Muppets and 2 in Star Wars, spaced out over the years.

Plus various shops/restaurants, and parades(?) and Fantasmic 2001

pixie_princess

For reference, this is the real life promotional stuff they did with parades during this time. A new one every 2 years give or take. Every year may be a bit much. But I could see something else being used as a promo show thing for stuff not seen in parades

I could see one every two years, so 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001. Total of 4

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes

1995 - Pocahontas
1997 - Hercules
1998 - Mulan
1999 - Toy Story
2000 - Fantasia 2000

Also, might be worth noting that Pocahontas and Hunchback both had stage shows around when they released in the theater in the NY Street area. So, Fantasia 2000 is the only movie you suggested a parade for that had nothing in the parks during our time frame

mickeyfan5534

So SOME advertisement for the marquee film that year though? Whether show, parade, or something else?

DisneyFan18

Some ideas for Tatooine:
Maybe the main store can be operated by the Jawas? They were the ones that sold C-3PO & R2D2 to Luke!

What about a Bounty Hunter style Shooting Gallery Ride? We were hired by Jabba to retrieve something? Maybe even face Chewie & Han? Or maybe viceversa? We’re working with Han & Chewie in a big job, and we face Jabba & Fett at some point?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Guide is done. Boy was that a more emotional trip down memory lane than expected lol

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/mgm-studios-1995-to-2001-guide.943985/post-8241166

Big take aways:

Too many shows/exhibits, we need rides. Thrill rides, kid rides, and short rides. The park has plenty of slow moving 20-30 minute experiences and stage shows. It basically all slow moving 20-30 minute experiences and stage shows.

Backlot Tour restructured in 96. Big change for the park. It was originally a 2 hour experience meant to be half your day and is now a 30 minute tram tour and a 30 minute walking tour. Big move from this a working studio with a theme park to a studio themed park. By 2001, the walking tour was replaced with a show.

Pizza planet arcade, Hunchback stage show, reworked Tram tour and walking tour, Rockin Rollercoaster, updated animation building, playhouse Disney, Sounds Dangerous, Doug Live, Fantasmic. These all opened in the 1995-2001 time period. How much of this will we keep and how much will we cut?

Park icon. The big sorcerer's hat was put up in 2001. Some people love it, some (like me) hate it. Are we going to put it up? If not, are we going to do a new park icon instead in the hub? Or just leave the Chinese theater be.

Fantasmic was filling to capacity and turning people away on a nightly basis even in the off season for like the first ten years it was open. And this is the Fantasmic that is considered less good. Whatever new night show we do and wherever we build it, we should keep absolutely insane crowds in mind and maybe keep the large stadium we got in real life as an option to hold all those people. I cannot describe how busy and popular Fantasmic was and I remember lining up an hour before they let people in just to get seats.

Star Wars Weekends and other festivals like that were a big thing back then. Maybe we add a festival too. Video games? Comics? Disney Channel?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Guide is done. Boy was that a more emotional trip down memory lane than expected lol

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/mgm-studios-1995-to-2001-guide.943985/post-8241166

Big take aways:

Too many shows/exhibits, we need rides. Thrill rides, kid rides, and short rides. The park has plenty of slow moving 20-30 minute experiences and stage shows. It basically all slow moving 20-30 minute experiences and stage shows.

Backlot Tour restructured in 96. Big change for the park. It was originally a 2 hour experience meant to be half your day and is now a 30 minute tram tour and a 30 minute walking tour. Big move from this a working studio with a theme park to a studio themed park. By 2001, the walking tour was replaced with a show.

Pizza planet arcade, Hunchback stage show, reworked Tram tour and walking tour, Rockin Rollercoaster, updated animation building, playhouse Disney, Sounds Dangerous, Doug Live, Fantasmic. These all opened in the 1995-2001 time period. How much of this will we keep and how much will we cut?

Park icon. The big sorcerer's hat was put up in 2001. Some people love it, some (like me) hate it. Are we going to put it up? If not, are we going to do a new park icon instead in the hub? Or just leave the Chinese theater be.

Fantasmic was filling to capacity and turning people away on a nightly basis even in the off season for like the first ten years it was open. And this is the Fantasmic that is considered less good. Whatever new night show we do and wherever we build it, we should keep absolutely insane crowds in mind and maybe keep the large stadium we got in real life as an option to hold all those people. I cannot describe how busy and popular Fantasmic was and I remember lining up an hour before they let people in just to get seats.

Star Wars Weekends and other festivals like that were a big thing back then. Maybe we add a festival too. Video games? Comics? Disney Channel?
One last thought, Star Tours takes place during Episode IV. Is our Star Wars Land also gonna take place during Episode IV or are we gonna update star tours in 2001

FigmentPigments

ALRIGHT AND ITS PAST MIDNIGHT AND WE HAVE SEEN A LOT OF RESPONSES HERE! I am really happy with how well we managed to pair things down. So I am going to go with what I have seen as most popular, and we can start divying up tasks tomorrow and go into more finalized details. But for tonight:

Both Star Wars and Muppets done smaller scale, one new ride in Muppets and 2 in Star Wars, spaced out over the years.

I'm okay with this.

FigmentPigments

Okay so here's what we got (this does not include everyone's ideas as I know there was varying ideas for Maroon Studios and I think Oswald was thrown in somewhere too, but I think this gives us a good jumping off point)

Muppet City
: Streets of America area slightly rethemed
Theme: The Muppets’ neighborhood in Hollywood
Attraction Ideas: MuppetVision 3D (existing centerpiece)The Great Muppet Movie Ride (interactive dark ride, guests control a movie camera rig)
Various Muppets’ homes (walkthroughs with interactive elements including a “Turtle Talk” style Fozzie)
Great Gonzo flying spinner (if we need a spinner)
Swedish Chef’s restaurant
Electric Mayhem show venue (@AceAstro has more)

Star Wars Land (not final name)
Location: Echo Lake area rethemed to Tatoine, entry through a soundstage for transition
Theme: Harry Potter
Attraction Ideas: Star Tours (still here)
Jabba’s Stunt Show (Indy Stunt Show rethemes to a battle over the Sarlacc pit)
Pod Racers thrill ride (coaster, or Test Track)
Cantina (restaurant and show venue)
Live streetmosphere involving Jedi and Storm Troopers

Maroon Studios
Theme: Roger Rabbit studios where famous toons perform
Attraction Ideas: Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (clone from Disneyland)
Ink & Paint Club (show venue using “Musion” projected cartoon characters)
Red Car Trolley (transportation ride to nearby lands)
The Terminal Bar (restaurant, a speakeasy alongside the Red Car station)
The Magic of Disney Animation (existing attraction, real live animation studio)
Mickey Mouse dark ride (Fantasyland style, ride through Mickey filming his famous shorts)
Additional similar dark rides? (for other famous Disney stars)

Sunset Boulevard (1920s Hollywood)
: Purple boxes, where present day Sunset Blvd is
Theme: 1920s Hollywood. From the glitz and glamour, the seedy underbelly, the haunted hotels, and the classic films
Attraction Ideas:
Gangster Ride A trolley ride or something themed to gangsters and back alleys. Possibly inspired by the Richard Tracy ride that never was. Preferably noIP as Richard Tracy was seen as a critical and commercial failure that audiences didn't like which is why the ride wasn't built in the first place.
Jazz Club and/or Speak Easy Restaurant
Silent film inspired outdoor show
. Basically a Slapstick streetmosphere with sets and props built into the facades of the area
Trackless Ride or Nightmare Before Christmas. some other attraction either entered through Hollywood graveyard at the base of Tower of Terror or the trackless Ride. Just some added experience.

Fantasmic like show
Get rid of the Playhouse Disney theater and some other stuff there that is expandable and you can make a lake HERE that is big enough for a Fantasmic level show. And thematically it makes a lot more sense here connected to the animation area, sunset Blvd, and the hub than it does over in an Indy area in the back of the park.

Disney Dad 3000

For the Star Wars stunt show, love the Sarlaac pit. Would make a great finale, by think definitely need more scenes. I think with the sets you could wheel in Jabbas cruiser, etc.
Do we want to do like a greatest hits of scenes (3-4 total) from episodes 4-6? Theres not actually a ton you'd want to try and recreate for the show. Maybe Luke/Leia swinging the gap, then Obi Won death scene that way you could have more cast/expensive scene, not sure about Empire off top of my head, and then end with Sarlaac

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom