Orange/Green Team - Stanza XIII: The Carnival of the Animators

FigmentPigments

Here is a list of the all the Ideas mentioned:

Mary Poppins Land
Theme: One of Walt Disney’s most beloved classics, Mary Poppins
Attraction Ideas:
Jolly Holiday a omnimover in which your vehicles are the Carousel Horses, the attraction takes through an adventure with Mary Poppins and Bert!
Mary Poppins M&G meet Mary Poppins, take a picture with her, and more.

Alien Attraction
: Unsure maybe where Frozen the musical currently is?
Theme: Alien
Attraction: You’re in a Space Base, then ExtraTERRORestrial happens in the pre show, and you must hunt the alien through a destroyed space base in a Shooting Gallery Ride, however, it seems like you’re actually the prey and not the hunter...

Sunset Boulevard (1920s Hollywood)
: Purple boxes, where present day Sunset Blvd is
Theme: 1920s Hollywood. From the glitz and glamour, the seedy underbelly, the haunted hotels, and the classic films
Attraction Ideas:
Gangster Ride A trolley ride or something themed to gangsters and back alleys. Possibly inspired by the Richard Tracy ride that never was. Preferably noIP as Richard Tracy was seen as a critical and commercial failure that audiences didn't like which is why the ride wasn't built in the first place.
Jazz Club and/or Speak Easy Restaurant
Silent film inspired outdoor show
. Basically a Slapstick streetmosphere with sets and props built into the facades of the area
Trackless Ride or Nightmare Before Christmas. some other attraction either entered through Hollywood graveyard at the base of Tower of Terror or the trackless Ride. Just some added experience.

expanded animation area/maroon studios
: orange on map. Animation courtyard connecting to where current day Rockin Rollercoaster is taking up that spot
Theme: Too Studios type thing. Dedicated to animation. Maybe some Roger Rabbit
Attraction Ideas:
Fantasmic like show
Get rid of the Playhouse Disney theater and some other stuff there that is expandable and you can make a lake HERE that is big enough for a Fantasmic level show. And thematically it makes a lot more sense here connected to the animation area, sunset Blvd, and the hub than it does over in an Indy area in the back of the park.

Hot Sets

Location from Star Tours up through NY street
theme A series of sets in Soundstages. The Soundstages are all just wall that serve as entries into immersive themed lands based on movies.
areas Star Wars Land around Star Tours. The Backlot Express can become the cantina and we can build out into the parking lot to make a Pod Racing ride.
Muppets Manhattan. This can take over the area around Muppet Vision. The Muppets take Manhattan as the vague theme allows us to reuse the NY Street stuff. Retheme Mama Melrose to Swedish Chef and retheme Pizza Planet before it even opens. Maybe add an extra attraction. Could be very cheap.
Mary Poppins Land. Have the Jolly Holiday dark ride for families and maybe a carousel. This takes place where the hunchback show was. Maybe add a Poppins stage show instead of a dark ride to use that theater.
Bug's Life. This takes over the Honey I shrunk the kid's. Maybe just add a flat ride or two. Perhaps Heimlichs Chew Chew Train can be here before DCA. Again, keep it very cheap

Sunset Boulevard / Hollywood Hills
Land Theme
: 1940s-50s; Residential hills overlooking Hollywood (Hollywood Sign, Griffith Park, etc.)
Attraction Ideas: Tower of Terror
Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage
(possible retheme to a vintage Hollywood musical revue)
Trackless dark ride - celeb mansion / enchanted projector (tent. name: Villa Vortex)
Rocketeer coaster or flight sim (located in Griffith Observatory)
TBD Nightmare Before Christmas attraction (set in Hollywood Cemetery alongside TOT)
Streetmosphere (on location film shoots, maybe in the slapstick silent style)

Maroon Studios
Theme: Roger Rabbit studios where famous toons perform
Attraction Ideas: Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin (clone from Disneyland)
Ink & Paint Club (show venue using “Musion” projected cartoon characters)
Red Car Trolley (transportation ride to nearby lands)
The Terminal Bar (restaurant, a speakeasy alongside the Red Car station)
The Magic of Disney Animation (existing attraction, real live animation studio)
Mickey Mouse dark ride (Fantasyland style, ride through Mickey filming his famous shorts)
Additional similar dark rides? (for other famous Disney stars)

L.A. Noire (not final name)
Theme: Noir, pulpy downtown Los Angeles (1920s-40s)
Attraction Ideas: Richard Tracy’s Crime Stoppers (EMV thrill dark ride)
Drag race thrill ride (1940s hot rod culture + the "chickie run" from Rebel Without a Cause)
El Train roller coaster (more gangster craziness)
Chinatown attraction (discover mythic Chinese creatures living in Chinatown's hidden recesses)
"Tail of the Pup" restaurant

Muppet City
: Streets of America area slightly rethemed
Theme: The Muppets’ neighborhood in Hollywood
Attraction Ideas: MuppetVision 3D (existing centerpiece)The Great Muppet Movie Ride (interactive dark ride, guests control a movie camera rig)
Various Muppets’ homes (walkthroughs with interactive elements including a “Turtle Talk” style Fozzie)
Great Gonzo flying spinner (if we need a spinner)
Swedish Chef’s restaurant
Electric Mayhem show venue (@AceAstro has more)

Star Wars Land (not final name)
Location: Echo Lake area rethemed to Tatoine, entry through a soundstage for transition
Theme: Harry Potter
Attraction Ideas: Star Tours (still here)
Jabba’s Stunt Show (Indy Stunt Show rethemes to a battle over the Sarlacc pit)
Pod Racers thrill ride (coaster, or Test Track)
Cantina (restaurant and show venue)
Live streetmosphere involving Jedi and Storm Troopers

Indiana Jones Land (not final name)
Theme: Indy & the City of Atlantis
Attraction Ideas: Indy Atlantis E-ticket (ride type TBD)
Temple of Peril coaster clone (that’s a lame ride, but it’s realistic)
Archaeological ruins playground (Tom Sawyer Island quality)
Big old lagoon where a Fantasmic-style show can happen
Etc?[/QUOTE
Maroon Studios
1920s Hollywood
Muppet City

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'm gonna say:

Maroon Studios connecting to...
Sunset Blvd. Have the path connection be where Rockin Rollercoaster is and use Oswald as the transition.
Star Wars Land/Tatooine

i would also say that Sunset could be done rather cheaply as it is just expanding on the theme that is already there. Probably freeing up money to add another Muppets attraction and do some light rething to make a Muppets miniland too. Again, just expanding on the city stuff that I'd already there and have the Muppets filming on the NY street sets. Really cheap to do, low cost. Small scale.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I'll start by saying personally, I really am on board with the Star Wars land themed to the prequels, I feel like the Muppets Land, while not my top choice, has a super strong foundation, and then I specifically asked @spacemt354 and he greenlit this AU having rights over Oswald, so I am going to pitch that 1920 era idea along sunset blvd to also include an Oswald ride and I know @Pionmycake has an idea about an Oswald themed Lucky Lounge. Also, @mickeyfan5534 how do you think about including Oswald into Fantasmic?
I'd love to do Oswald's Lucky Lounge as that's always been a favorite pet project of mine and I definitely plan to include it in the second gate of my dream resort.

BUT I've already used it in a competition before. I used it in Century City, the first project of Sywtbai Season 14. Funnily enough, also in MGM. Plus I've used in twice already in the one sentence comp.

So, if someone else wanted to do a different Oswald based eatery, go ahead. But I think we should stay away from an Oswald Jazz Club.

Perhaps he could host a speak easy

Suchomimus

Did you get the trailer for that weird adult Muppet movie?
It’s supposed to be more adult Sesame Street
Not yet, I saw it because I thought it would be fun, I hated it, I hated it, it was traumatizing
Sitting in the theater with @MonorailRed seeing that for the first time...I had no words. It was so bad and disturbing. Deadpool we know what we are getting into -- that trailer was stupid though
That trailer was bad and stupid comedy,
The people who own Sesame Street used them for using their name in “No Sesame, All Street”, but lost the case to STX Entertainment (the studio making the movie).

mickeyfan5534

Also, @mickeyfan5534 how do you think about including Oswald into Fantasmic?
The only spot I can really picture him in is either the equivalent to the Pinocchio/Bubble montage or in the finale.

Side note: What year are we looking to add Fantasmic? Because Fantasmic 1995 would look very different from Fantasmic 1997 would look very different from Fantasmic 2001

pixie_princess

The only spot I can really picture him in is either the equivalent to the Pinocchio/Bubble montage or in the finale.

Side note: What year are we looking to add Fantasmic? Because Fantasmic 1995 would look very different from Fantasmic 1997 would look very different from Fantasmic 2001

I don't know if anyone else had a different idea but I think Fantasmic 2001

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom