Opinions that could get me thrown in wdwmagic jail if it was possible.

Figment632

wdwmagic jail????

Well, here I come, because:

- hate the term "ressie" and will never use it (present post doesn't count).
- do not use emoticons and never will... prefer to get the point across using the written word.
- it takes the willpower in every fiber of my being not to correct people on their grammatical and spelling errors... really wish people would proofread and use spellcheck.
- thread bumps drive me nuts.
- love ellipses!

Okay, venting overwith.... grin.

What is this?

MKCP 1985

See, it's this negativity that gets me down. Of two positive comments you made, one is about breaking the rules (swimming at a resort you're not staying at).

Aww. . . have a cookie or two.
images

These are just my unpopular opinions in a thread soliciting unpopular opinions. You should have known you might encounter some rough edges reading through these posts, but I hope the cookies will make you feel better. :wave:

Krack2

Seriously? I know I am confessing to a wdwmagic.com crime already, but since you asked:

I will be the first to admit that not every attraction should be created for every person, but I would say the animatronic birds were no longer anything new and amazing on a "Disney Magic" level after 1980. Chuck-E-Cheese came on the scene in the late 1970s and once their singing mouse show hit the country. . . well, the jig was up for fake singing birds.

Secondly, the music was something my grandparents might have enjoyed, but it didn't appeal to me. The flowers croon? Who uses the word "croon" anymore? "Let's all sing like the birdies sing?" :rolleyes:

The show became dull. When I worked the Magic Kingdom in the mid-80s, I saw people walking out of the show all the time. Who walks out in the middle of a 20 minute show? But people did. . . all the time. . . every day.

That is my defense. I hope the sentence for my crime is not too severe. :D

Nah, the sentence shouldn't be too bad. :) I like to ask questions and get opinions about the Tiki Room. In the efforts of transparency, I really like the original and hate the "new" WDW version. One thing that I find particularly interesting is that both versions (old and new) in WDW seemed to have lots of walkouts (as you describe and as I've heard anectdotely before), yet the original version in California seems to be pretty darn popular. It's not as popular as Space Mountain, but I can't say I've ever seen walkouts. I just wonder why there seem to be two completely different "audience responses" depending on Florida vs. California. Probably needs its own thread (probably has its own thread somewhere :p)

wdwwdeagle

So basically a post that serves no purpose?
I think you are asking what a thread bump is, figment632. If so, it's when an old thread is responded to months later (sometimes years). It just annoys me when I start reading something thinking it's new information, and it's really old.

I'm not sure what blake thompson is referring to with "to the top".... blake?

EDIT: Oh, okay, I see you posted just prior to me, blake; thanks for the clarification.

Figment632

if you post something that doesn't get traffic or attention it starts to float to the bottom of the forum index. so you do a "ttt" to bring it back up for more attention. Real common on a for-sale thread. Dunno anyone would do it on a diz forum, 'cept to be annoying :)

Got ya thanks.

Wilt Dasney

- Not only have I never had a Dole Whip, but I hadn't even heard of them before these message boards

- I've only ever seen the Spectromagic parade, no others.

- I still haven't seen the Lights Motors Action stunt show.

- I haven't visited Innoventions in probably over a decade.
Well, if you're going to walk into WDWMagic court to face all these counts, you at least need a skillful advocate on your side. I move that all of the charges listed above be thrown out, as they don't reflect incorrect opinions.

They reflect lack of knowledge or experience, and as the court is well aware, non-opinion-related Disney offenses were by statute reduced to noncriminal status in response to the appellate rulings in WDWMagic v. Holcomb (1983), wherein the mouse-gistrate held that a guest cannot be held liable for opinions he does not hold and has not had the opportunity to form. In addition, by bringing him up on non-felonious Disney charges in this venue, the state erred and is guilty of park-secutional misconduct. Therefore, the remaining charges should either be thrown out or reduced to...mouse-demeanors. :lookaroun

(And don't worry about it. They're after me for thinking it's a small world is a great attraction and loving the song in a completely unironic way. They get everybody at some point.)

Figment632

I think you are asking what a thread bump is, figment632. If so, it's when an old thread is responded to months later (sometimes years). It just annoys me when I start reading something thinking it's new information, and it's really old.

I'm not sure what blake thompson is referring to with "to the top".... blake?

Yea that is what I thought it was.

_Scar

I love Finding Nemo... therefore I naturally love everything it touches (TLS, Theater in the Wild)

I think Captain EO is overrated

I wish Stars and Motor Cars were back at DHS and MK had Block Party Bash

I don't mind Aladdin's Spinner that much

I didn't find SSE very interesting

MKCP 1985

There are some who think posting information in a new thread when the same idea/question/information exists in an earlier thread is an offense.

Can't please everybody. :shrug:

Tom

Beta Return
Aww. . . have a cookie or two.
images

These are just my unpopular opinions in a thread soliciting unpopular opinions. You should have known you might encounter some rough edges reading through these posts, but I hope the cookies will make you feel better. :wave:

Oreos are my favorite! All better :wave:

EPCOTPluto

OK, from the top of my head...

~ I like the new narrations to the TTA & SSE.

~ I usually skip nightly shows like ROE or Wishes because I have seen them enough to know which shells go off.

~ Dare I say it? I would pool 'jump' if it's a hot day & no one seems to care.

~ Mission: Space, the current JII, Seas with Nemo, HISTA, and Test Track are great attractions. Mostly because I never rode the previous incarnations (or at least remember them). Except The Living Seas.

~ Millionaire-Play It! could've been kept while TSMM goes next door.

~ I would hate to see the Backlot Tram Tour & HISTK Movie Set Adventure be removed from DHS.

~ I originally hated The Muppets, but began to appreciate them not 3 years ago.

~ Even though I know someone who likes them, I find Vinylmation a waste of time & money. Just short-lived excitement

~ Playhouse Disney could close & I would not notice at all.

~ I had one of my first memories of WDW in ToonTown Fair, and I kind of disapprove of the Dumbo area overtaking its space.

~ I dislike the 20 min. Innoventions BGM that plays in EPCOT. It's so repetitive! Why not add more from that 52 min. loop?

Tater48

If it were not for my wife, I would never set foot in Epcot.:lookaroun

Lecellier in my opinion is way over rated. Was not impressed with it at all.

I can spend an entire day at Animal Kingdom.

WDW Vacationer

I can't stand Nemo.

I've never stayed on site.

I like SGE

I actually do like the studios, but think that it needs a lot of help.
Interesting...:lol:

-I like the new SSE and TTA narrations.

-I was too busy making my future to look for triangles.

-I like SGE

-I aso like the laugh floor

-I have not rode EE,RnRC,ToT or Mission:Space.

-Or SM(Did I ever mention I HATE coasters?):lookaroun

-I have only ever had 1 dole whip.

-I enjoyed the Finding Nemo attraction at EPCOT

-I rode JII 3 times. (It was to support Figgy!):eek:

nybound

I don't miss Horizon, Alien Encounter, or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. They were okay attractions but were never on my must-do list.

Strollers, wheelchairs, and ECVs don't bother me.

I think July and August are fun times to go (which might get me an insanity plea instead of jail time).

I don't think the Dining Plan ruined dining at Disney World.

And the one that will get me life without parole (if not the death penalty):

Walt Disney World wasn't significantly better 10, 20, or 30 years than it is today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom