Opinions that could get me thrown in wdwmagic jail if it was possible.

Ralphlaw

-- What's the big deal with Test Track? I've ridden it twice, and wasn't thrilled.

-- Country Bears, Tiki Room and Nemo are well worth missing.

-- Why don't more people "get" Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin? It's my favorite ride in MK.

-- I Think Small World, especially with kids, is a really nice break, and I will ride over and over again if my back hurts.

-- Doesn't Wishes lose it's charm after you see it once or twice, other than Tinkerbelle's flight, that's always cool.

-- I like the new Spaceship Earth, but miss the old one too. Oh well.

-- My kids like the new Mexican Boat Ride, but losing the mystery and grandeur of the original must be akin to blasphemy to the Mexican Workers. Isn't the new version offensive at some level, with Donald the American taking over the thing? It's kind of like Speedy Gonzales taking over the American Pavilion, butting in when Ben Franklin and Mark Twain are talking.

-- I wish more Presidents talked at the Hall of Presidents.

-- Fast pass is great, and anyone who doesn't think so is just too much of a pro at the place. Hey, most of us see the World only on vacation for a few days a year. We are not WDW professionals, and appreciate Fastpass alot.

-- If not Soarin' through California, then where? Maybe some country like Brazil could sponsor it and pay a ton of money. Florida is not scenic enough to be very interesting for changing landscapes and providing great smells.

-- What's so great about the Haunted Mansion? Or Pirates? I don't get it.

-- I really think the Street actor types at Studios are lame--almost embarrassing. And one of them insulted me for being from Wisconsin, "Does anyone still live there?" he asked. Hello, we're in a recession. Maybe that was a little too cutting when northern cities are facing huge corporate lay-offs. I'm thick-skinned but was still taken aback by the comment.

-- I really like Indy Jones and Star Tours even though some other things are more thrilling and advanced. Hey they're fun, and I was picked as a volunteer at Indy.

-- I really like the restaurants, parades, fireworks, and people-watching at the parks--and would probably still be happy even if I never went on a single ride. Of course, the rides are great too.

-- World Showcase is my favorite place in the world.

-- In would be nice from time to time to feel a cool breeze at Animal Kingdom. All that vegetation is beautiful, but even cooler days are stifling.

EPCOTPluto

-- I wish more Presidents talked at the Hall of Presidents.

-- I really like Indy Jones and Star Tours even though some other things are more thrilling and advanced. Hey they're fun, and I was picked as a volunteer at Indy.

-- World Showcase is my favorite place in the world.
Agree on these as well. :sohappy::D

harveyt0206

Hmmm...I'm gonna risk it since Disney jail is probably better than regular jail:

- I absolutely loved the wand (this one is a big no-no from what I undersand). I thought it added a bit of whimsy to the place. I know Epcot purists thought it was pure blasphemy, but hey - I enjoyed it while it was around.

- I too love the new SSE ending. I will stand in line at the end of every ride just so I can email myself my newly created future. I have 4 saved right now and I love to watch them from time to time.

- I have never been on Mission:Space, RnRC, and I hated Everest (it made me seriously dizzy and sick). I know, I'm a weenie. :ROFLOL:

- I love the dining plan. Used it for the first time on my last trip and have it booked again for my upcoming trip in March.

- I don't usually get upset over changes. I like the new PoTC with Jack Sparrow. The only ride I can ever imagine having anger issues over is Haunted Mansion, which is my absolute favorite ride. I like the changes they made in 2007 so no major problems there.

- I never rode Hoizons and have no clue what it is/was.

- I also have never seen the Carousel of Progress.

Those are just few. Haul me off to the chain gang now.

TheBeatles

Carousel of Progress is lame.

Test Track is awesome.

Tomorrowland makes sense.

The giant golf ball.

*I don't believe any of these, just examples of what could get you thrown in the WDWMagic slammer.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I like Disney World. :shrug:

No negatives. There are some rides/shows/attractions I prefer over others, but none I don't like.

BrerFrog

- EPCOT is my least favorite park (That doesn't mean I dislike it though)
- MILF is actually quite good, but it doesn't fit in TL by any means
- The Parades are boring and I hate them for not allowing me to get to SM and BTMRR
- I love Toontown and the Barnstormer
- To me AK lasts much longer than one day

Am I going to jail?! :cry:

_Scar

-- Country Bears, Tiki Room and Nemo are well worth missing.

You're pushing it.

-- Doesn't Wishes lose it's charm after you see it once or twice, other than Tinkerbelle's flight, that's always cool.

I'm getting out the mace.

-- If not Soarin' through California, then where? Maybe some country like Brazil could sponsor it and pay a ton of money. Florida is not scenic enough to be very interesting for changing landscapes and providing great smells.

I'm macing you.

-- What's so great about the Haunted Mansion? Or Pirates? I don't get it.

Still not done? You're under WDWMagic arrest. Penalty- 50 SGE in a row!

:animwink:

guyincognito

1.I "like" SGE its not a blasphemy as a ride but does not do Stitch justice
2.With that said i should mention I like the character Stitch.
3.Horizons was a good ride. Deffinetly a must do for a few times but if it was still around people would neglect it much like the COP is now (if it was not siginiffigantly updated) Enjoyed the expierence but I think they made the right descision in removing it. I strongly believe not us but many guests would neglect it.
3.I love Buzz
4.I like the new TTA narration it was time for change
5.The descent for SSE dosent need to be finished. It already is. Half assed maybe but theres nothing else to do. You are supposed to be looking at the screen. They wanted to make it interactive.
6.I enjoy ellen in the Universe of Energy.
7.I think Bill Nye needs to have his own ride and stop making guest apperaences in other attractions. (but first make him relevent again)
8.Figment is a better character then Dreamfinder. (dreamfinder just freaks me out)
9.I purposely dont get fastpasses for ToT because I enjoy the atmosphere and BGM too much
10.I enjoy value resorts for their theming even though I can stay anywhere I want
11.I have never had or ever seen or ever want to have or see a Dole Whip
12. I like Alladins Magic carpets but hate dumbo
13.The only Lights Motors Action stunt show I saw was the orginal in Paris.
14.The only parade I enjoy watching now is Spectro. I loved the stars and motor cars sadly its gone
15.I like the living seas better with the nemo overlay. It was much needed
16.I only go on Living With the Land to hear the pan flute or whatever music it is beginning and the end scene.
17.I believe that Brazilian tour groups bring "character" to the parks
18.I believe TSMM is just a copy of Buzz just enhanced and they should have added some other ride in DHS and redone Buzz completely
19.Have never been on the astro orbiters, its never worth the wait.
20.I enjoy WDW transportation including Busses!!!
21.Wheres the Mulan and Hurcules influences!!!!!!!!!!
22.World of Motion was just annoying
23.Body Wars was meh
24.The only country in WS worth eating is Japan
25.HM is so so
26.Have never taken the Magical Express
27.Fanstasmic is just full of random bits and pieces of showmanship with alot of pochantas. The soundtrack is great though!!!
I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE WAY WDW WAS RUN IS RUN AND WILL BE RUN IN THE FUTURE I JUST LOVE THE EXPERIENCE
lol i think i wrote too much

GenerationX

Well, if you're going to walk into WDWMagic court to face all these counts, you at least need a skillful advocate on your side. I move that all of the charges listed above be thrown out, as they don't reflect incorrect opinions.

They reflect lack of knowledge or experience, and as the court is well aware, non-opinion-related Disney offenses were by statute reduced to noncriminal status in response to the appellate rulings in WDWMagic v. Holcomb (1983), wherein the mouse-gistrate held that a guest cannot be held liable for opinions he does not hold and has not had the opportunity to form. In addition, by bringing him up on non-felonious Disney charges in this venue, the state erred and is guilty of park-secutional misconduct. Therefore, the remaining charges should either be thrown out or reduced to...mouse-demeanors. :lookaroun

Objection! Your honor, there's a wealth of precedent disputing my opponent's assertions. I cite ignorantia iuris neminem WDW excusat. It is up to the guest in question to make the effort to experience the attraction, either in person or through a reasonable facsimile thereof. I move for an immediate Guilty verdict with a recommended sentence of ... the chair. The accused should be strapped into a chair at CBJ and made to watch an entire day's worth of shows. :eek:

musketeer

Original Poster
Walt Disney World wasn't significantly better 10, 20, or 30 years than it is today.

I completely agree. Reading these boards would make you think the place gets worse and worse and worse. I just think people are more in love with their memories than what was reality.

I did think of a few more.

- I think the Dining plan was great at first, but not as much now

- I think California Adventure is a really great park, don't understand why it takes so much heat.

- I think everything about the Great Movie Ride is fantastic.

muteki

Like the topic! Lets see:

-I could spend a week in WDW and not go to either AK or DHS once. The day away from Epcot, MK or elsewhere is not worth it to me.

-I am still amazingly disappointed everytime I walk through cindy's castle, that it is little more than a fancy giftshop and restaurant.

-I think the sickness that some experience within the orange side of MS is more due to internal psychological factors rather than due to the rather tame (imho) ride itself.

-I enjoyed innoventions most when it was full of Sega Genesis' which I could play for free.

-I would prefer it if all of Frontierland was leveled and made to more closely resemble DL's early Frontierland.

-I prefered the original Tomorrowland architecture to its current, 1994 form.

-I like Space Mountain more with no onboard audio, bumpy track, and monitors playing fake space news in the queue.

-I have been grossed out by the turkey legs since day one, and have never built up the courage to actually try one.

-I went to WDW nearly annually as a kid for 10 years, and not once managed to ride Pirates of the Caribbean. Last year was my first time.

-I don't think I have ever ridden a full loop of MK on the train

-As a kid, I only ever went inside Wonders of Life once. When I did, I only rode Body Wars, and the rest never interested me. I was pretty put off by the carnival theme.

-Living with the Land is probably my current favorite Epcot attraction.

I likely have a few more quirks, but the above is probably enough for now.

the-reason14

I use late and expired fastpasses and I have a pack full of em from dates going as far back as Jan. 08 I think, and I plan to use some this coming Jan.

Ive gone to guest relations to "complain" just to get free fastpasses. And sometimes I trade in old ones for good ones there.

I dont like rockin roller coaster that much because of the music, I dont like aerosmith and I think the "music" is a bunch of noise and thats one reason why I dislike it. Also can not stand the preshow and usually do other things when its on, cell phone, ipod, anything that will distract me from it.

Pretty much every ride that has a preshow, I always try to weasel my way to the door so I can be the first one out, whether there's room or not. If its possible I try and skip the preshow by pushing the doors open.

Only had a dole whip once, it was good but it wasnt great.

I hate LMA, only saw it twice but now I think its a big a(you know) waste of time.

I love Space mt. its my favorate ride in the world, and think its better than the one in DL.

And I walk extremely fast 97% of the time while Im in WDW trying to get from ride to ride.

There, I said it. What! Try and lock me up, lol. :cool::cool:

Rinx

I'm pretty sure I could get the Disney Death Penalty for this one, but ...

*looks around*

I don't like kids. And when I'm at Disney, I spend way too much time trying to figure out how I can minimize my interaction with them.

*runs*

I do the same with people when I'm there!!! Kids are the worst though, I agree...RUDE it seems, and it gets worse and worse every year. Hell, people are getting ruder too....ugh

828tnt

I'm pretty sure I could get the Disney Death Penalty for this one, but ...

*looks around*

I don't like kids. And when I'm at Disney, I spend way too much time trying to figure out how I can minimize my interaction with them.

*runs*

LOL!!!! may be the funniest thing i've read in a while.

i'm a parent, but the wife and i take at LEAST one trip a year without the kids- it's wonderful!!!!

great post!

jonnyc

Possibly the biggest sin on these boards..

To me Epcot is only a half-day park, i'd much rather spend another day in the Studios..

*Runs and Hides* :lookaroun

Matpez

A few "confessions" off the top of my head:

-I don't get Fantasmic, it's 90% hard to see projections on loud water screens. However, I really get and love IllumiNations: RoE

-The new TTA audio track is better overall than the one it replaced.

-I have had a dole whip and think it's pineapple flavored soft serve. Don't care.

-I love Dinosaur. One of the best attractions in all of WDW.

-I hear lots of happy, giggling people during the descent of SSE and think that is a good thing.

-Overrated: The giant new Fantasyland meet and greet expansion with one new attraction. (Just as overrated, the giant new Harry Potter gift shop area with one new attraction). Will the one new attraction be great? Probably. (I also bet the one at IoA will be better)

-Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit is full of fail and problems, but I would go to ride it before RnRc any day. RnRc is all about the launch, followed by a really lame, way to short "ride".

-If it were not for Tower of Terror (and my wife's love of TSMM) I would never need to go to DHS.

-TSMM is a Wii game. I'm surprised it didn't come out for the Wii first and then get converted into a way overrated attraction. The queue is better than the attraction.

-There has still been absolutely nothing to justify the $75 fee for D23. Before you rush to argue, realize that everything else (special events, expo, etc) has come with it's own extra fee. I wish they would just outright admit it is a $75 magazine subscription (for 4 issues).

That's enough for now, but I'm sure there are lots more.
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom