Opinions that could get me thrown in wdwmagic jail if it was possible.

musketeer

Original Poster
I think there was a thread similar to this a while ago.

I was thinking of all of the opinions that I have that would probably have me thrown in jail from the people on this board if they had the power to do so.

- I really like the Spaceship Earth ending, we even rode it again just to make a different cartoon at the end.

- I think the fastpass system is one of the best ideas ever.

- I don't care for illuminations or fantasmic and don't see the big deal with them.

- Not only have I never had a Dole Whip, but I hadn't even heard of them before these message boards

- I don't Test Track is as spectacular as one would think based on it's popularity.

- I think Soarin' should remain California scenes, definitely not Florida, what is there to see in Florida?

- I think the Indiana Jones stunt show is really lame

- I think Dinoland USA is one of the most ingenious themed areas.

- I've only ever seen the Spectromagic parade, no others.

- I don't think there is anything wrong with asking when the 3:00 parade is. It should be understood that the person is asking what time it will be at that particular location.

- As much as I like the idea of the World Showcase, I usually skip some of the countries, especially the ones that don't have any main type of attraction.

- I don't think the monorail is as cool as I used to when I was little.

- I still haven't seen the Lights Motors Action stunt show.

- I loved Horizons, but I think Mission Space is a superior attraction.

- I haven't visited Innoventions in probably over a decade.

- I actually think the whole resort constantly gets better, and that it is going in the right direction.

Just wanted to share.

protiius

ok...

- i love the turkey legs at wdw!
- riding the monorail doesn't excite me, i merely see it as a method of getting from one park to the next :shrug:
- cop bores me
- cbr is one of my favourite resorts
- i never go to fantasyland anymore
- i spend ages at dinoland USA watching the croc until it moves everytime i'm there!!

Figment632

Mine that would get me a life sentence.

1. Nemo doesn't belong as the main aspect of TLS.
2. ROE: is the worst fireworks show.
3. I like STitch just not SGE
4. Buzz SRS needs to go
5. Don't see the big deal with the DOle Whip
6. Not crazy about EE
7. Still think DAK is a half day park
8. See no reason for a 5th gate
9. Thought TL should have been redone before FL
10. Hates IASW
11. Doesn't like Innoventions
12. Thinks TT is over rated
13. MILF should be in DHS
14. NOt a big fan of RnRC

Krack2

I'm pretty sure I could get the Disney Death Penalty for this one, but ...

*looks around*

I don't like kids. And when I'm at Disney, I spend way too much time trying to figure out how I can minimize my interaction with them.

*runs*

blueboxdoctor

actually i agree with a lot of it
-illuminations is quite boring, but the soundtrack to it is great
-Test Track is a giant ad for GM, so idk why everyone's in love with it since it's only a 5min ride if that.
-IMO dinoland and all of animal kingdom is boring, but i live near a zoo so it's the same thing without a few rides
-Innovations is reliving an elementary school class trip where the whole time you just want to go home or find a gift shop or food court, it's that boring, especially since almost all the stuff in it people have, and the home theatre room when i was there made me lol, come on, speakers in a wall, how impractical.
-parades are over rated, it's all in the night shows that really shines.
-fantasmic was good the first few times, but got sorta eh after another few times. it needs an epic symphonic metal soundtrack for it.

here are my opinions:

-the grand fluoridian needs to get a half decent buffet.
-there needs to be a way to quickly escape the torture that is the front half of EPCOT.
-bring back the Virgin Megastore in DTD
-have something somewhere for National Treasure, they have the films, use them somewhere in a park.
-have Flyleaf play there when I'm there (ok, that one's for me, but I missed them in Disney, so they should come back there for me)
-have an epic music shop like guitar center at DTD
-actually have Alice there to sign autograph books, she's almost never there.
-warn people before they go into AK that it will take them all day to go/find the 5 things to do there because it's so big and confusing, i got lost there on senior trip and i've been there 7 or 8 times prior to it.
-Get rid of the Drew Carey thing, it's dumb, really, it is

rsoxguy

360000496_c4e135515e.jpg

No one deserves to go to the clink for having an opinion. Now being a figurehead at a theme park, that's another story.

blueboxdoctor

Mine that would get me a life sentence.

1. Nemo doesn't belong as the main aspect of TLS.
2. ROE: is the worst fireworks show.
3. I like STitch just not SGE
4. Buzz SRS needs to go
5. Don't see the big deal with the DOle Whip
6. Not crazy about EE
7. Still think DAK is a half day park
8. See no reason for a 5th gate
9. Thought TL should have been redone before FL
10. Hates IASW
11. Doesn't like Innoventions
12. Thinks TT is over rated
13. MILF should be in DHS
14. NOt a big fan of RnRC

lol, i'm not great at disney acronyms, what exactly does MILF stand for in disney language, cause i have the completely wrong idea of what it is according to G rated disney, haha

DisneyGigi

Okay here goes-

~ I have never stayed through all of Illuminations I prefer Fantasmic & Wishes.

~ I love Test Track

~ I laugh by hiney off everytime someone types or says MILF.

~I do not like IASW at all!

~ wishes that everyone would stop griping about refurbs and the lack of what was done to an attraction and be happy with what was.

~ I don't really mind SGE and I hated Alien Encounter, thought it was lame.

~ Thinks LMA is a total waste of space and time. Have no desire to see it again.

~ Will always call DHS MGM

~ willing to admit that I went to WDW three times before I spent any quality time at EPCOT, now I love it. (kids were little then.. in my defense)

~ think the Backlot Tour is also a waste of time now that they took so much out for LMA

~ Hate AI and would not sit through it if they paid me to.

All I can think of right now. :D

MKCP 1985

Take me to jail . . . because

Adventurer's Club can stay closed, even though I liked it well enough.

Stitch and Monsters Inc are fun times!

Hanging out at the pool at the Polynesian is a great way to spend a day, even when you aren't staying there.

I could not care less about the ending of SpaceShip earth. The touch screens are funny.

Jungle Cruise is lame!

Carousel of Progress needs to be packed up and sent to a museum. There is nothing "tomorrow" about it anymore.

The original Tiki Room show was old 25 years ago and doesn't need to come back . . . EVER! Tear the whole thing down and put in something adventurous, but don't bring back the original Tiki Room show.

Krack2

The original Tiki Room show was old 25 years ago and doesn't need to come back . . . EVER! Tear the whole thing down and put in something adventurous, but don't bring back the original Tiki Room show.

Just curious, what is it about the original show that you didn't like?

Tom

Beta Return
- I really like the Spaceship Earth ending, we even rode it again just to make a different cartoon at the end.
- I think the fastpass system is one of the best ideas ever.
- I don't care for illuminations or fantasmic and don't see the big deal with them.
- Not only have I never had a Dole Whip, but I hadn't even heard of them before these message boards
- I don't Test Track is as spectacular as one would think based on it's popularity.
- I think Soarin' should remain California scenes, definitely not Florida, what is there to see in Florida?
- I think the Indiana Jones stunt show is really lame
- I think Dinoland USA is one of the most ingenious themed areas.
- I've only ever seen the Spectromagic parade, no others.
- I don't think there is anything wrong with asking when the 3:00 parade is. It should be understood that the person is asking what time it will be at that particular location.
- As much as I like the idea of the World Showcase, I usually skip some of the countries, especially the ones that don't have any main type of attraction.
- I don't think the monorail is as cool as I used to when I was little.
- I still haven't seen the Lights Motors Action stunt show.
- I loved Horizons, but I think Mission Space is a superior attraction.
- I haven't visited Innoventions in probably over a decade.
- I actually think the whole resort constantly gets better, and that it is going in the right direction.

Wow, I'm glad you had the nerve to start this thread :) i actually share in many of your sentiments.

* My wife and I also enjoy the SSE ending. It makes the trip down slightly less boring than before. If you're going to plus a ride, and not make MAJOR changes to it, I think they hit the nail on the head.

* Fastpass is awesome. Hands down. Some people on here really enjoy standing in lines...not me.

* I love both Illuminations and Fantasmic, but sometimes we skip Fantasmic because it's just not worth the wait.

* We tried Dole Whips on our Honeymoon (I'd also never heard of them, even after like 20 trips). Wife is a fan, I'm not.

* Test Track is cool, but it's already dated and the only reason it draws people is the last 30 seconds of the ride.

* Indiana Jones is definitely dated. We don't even see it anymore. We've seen it so many times, I can find the "plant" with my eyes closed, which really ruins the only fun left in the show. Heck, the Jungle Cruise has changed its script more often than Indy!

* I have to cordially disagree on DinoLand. :hurl:

* The 3:00 parade starts at 3:00pm. The people who are intelligent enough to comprehend the "delay factor" (i.e. understand that you won't see the parade AT 3:00 in all areas of the park at once) are not the ones asking CMs what time the 3:00 parade is. The people who ask are barely able to tie their shoes. The exception is when people are REALLY asking what time the AFTERNOON parade starts.

* For those of us who need constant entertainment and are too A.D.D. to browse non-ride countries, yes, World Showcase can tend to be boring. But there are lots of people who appreciate history and learning about other lands (my wife, for example). I can look at a land for about 8 seconds and be done. She, however, cares :p

* The monorail has never been cooler. Ok, well, yes it has - when you could ride up front :(

* I can't compare M:S to Horizons. One was a dark ride, the other is an intense thrill ride. Obviously M:S is a better investment and marketing ploy - but I enjoyed the Disney Magic used in an old classic like Horizons. At the same time, i think Pooh is a way better attraction that Mr Toad **ducks**

I agree with you, OP, about the ongoing improvement of the resort. I have a little soapbox....now that I run the Permit Thread, I have way more respect for WDW and their perpetual rejuvenation of property. Day guests and those who don't stalk their construction efforts like us only see the blatantly obvious construction or refurbs - when there are literally hundreds of odds and ends that Disney is spending money on.

Just take a look at the number of permits they pull each week. They're in the process of re-paving a lot of their parking lots and roads, but you and I never know because it happens at night and we just pass it by the next day. But Disney is dropping hundreds of thousands of dollars to make the roads smoother for us. They re-do pools, refurb guest rooms, replace air conditioners, upgrade life safety systems (for us), and improve infrastructure. Millions of dollars being spent on stuff we never see because it's not a new ride. For this, I give WDW Kudos. Not every penny can be spent in a theme park, when you have 47 square miles to take care of using the same revenue.

As negative as people can get on here, I still like to think positively about the WDW Resort and the progress its making. The fact that they're going to spend half a billion bucks in the MK simply amazed me when I found out. For the first time in a while, some of their money will be spent on something we can see - even though it benefits us (the guests) equally as much as making sure the air conditioning still works in the restaurants. :)

Future Guy

Mine:

• I don't hate the Laugh Floor. I actually found it quite amusing.
  • The demise of the 1994 TTA narration is not a sign of the apocalypse.
  • I like SGE better than AE.
  • The SSE descent doesn't bother me.
  • Although I wouldn't mind if the BAH went away, I don't hate it with a hatred hotter than the heat of a thousand suns.

Tom

Beta Return
Adventurer's Club can stay closed, even though I liked it well enough.

Stitch and Monsters Inc are fun times!

Hanging out at the pool at the Polynesian is a great way to spend a day, even when you aren't staying there.

I could not care less about the ending of SpaceShip earth. The touch screens are funny.

Jungle Cruise is lame!

Carousel of Progress needs to be packed up and sent to a museum. There is nothing "tomorrow" about it anymore.

See, it's this negativity that gets me down. Of two positive comments you made, one is about breaking the rules (swimming at a resort you're not staying at).

MKCP 1985

Just curious, what is it about the original show that you didn't like?

Seriously? I know I am confessing to a wdwmagic.com crime already, but since you asked:

I will be the first to admit that not every attraction should be created for every person, but I would say the animatronic birds were no longer anything new and amazing on a "Disney Magic" level after 1980. Chuck-E-Cheese came on the scene in the late 1970s and once their singing mouse show hit the country. . . well, the jig was up for fake singing birds.

Secondly, the music was something my grandparents might have enjoyed, but it didn't appeal to me. The flowers croon? Who uses the word "croon" anymore? "Let's all sing like the birdies sing?" :rolleyes:

The show became dull. When I worked the Magic Kingdom in the mid-80s, I saw people walking out of the show all the time. Who walks out in the middle of a 20 minute show? But people did. . . all the time. . . every day.

That is my defense. I hope the sentence for my crime is not too severe. :D

wdwwdeagle

wdwmagic jail????

Well, here I come, because:

- hate the term "ressie" and will never use it (present post doesn't count).
- do not use emoticons and never will... prefer to get the point across using the written word.
- it takes the willpower in every fiber of my being not to correct people on their grammatical and spelling errors... really wish people would proofread and use spellcheck.
- thread bumps drive me nuts.
- love ellipses!

Okay, venting overwith.... grin.

monkeysammich

Here are mine...

• The Indy Speedway needs to be bulldozed
  • I dont like Dole Whips very much
  • Turkey Legs are a sign of the apocalypse
  • Wonders of Life needs to be brought back updated with current information
  • The Haunted Mansion doesnt seem as fun as it used to for some reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom