Opening date for New Fantasyland announced

Adam5897

The new fantasyland really won't feel complete until it is all done. It will al be so beautiful and then in the middle of it all their will be a construction site surrounded by construction walls. I cant imagine why Disney couldn't have 7DMT open sooner. We're looking into a 1-2 year period of it being open but not complete. I think it should ll be opened at once

bethymouse

The new fantasyland really won't feel complete until it is all done. It will al be so beautiful and then in the middle of it all their will be a construction site surrounded by construction walls. I cant imagine why Disney couldn't have 7DMT open sooner. We're looking into a 1-2 year period of it being open but not complete. I think it should ll be opened at once
I really agree.:(

Rescue Ranger

So bummed I wont get to see this at the end of September :(
I honestly do not care much that the rides wont all be open, but I was at least hoping that we could at least walk through the area and not have to see construction walls everywhere. Even just having the gift shops open. Oh well, at least I will still get to see Casy Jr and the rest of Dumbo, which was not operating yet when I was last there in April.

Do we know for sure though that no access will be possible, or could it still be possible the walls will be down before this? Otherwise, I guess I will just have to wait until the next trip hopefully, which I probably will not do until 2014 or after once the Mine Train(still can't believe that will take so long) and/or Avatar is done.

HouCuseChickie

Well, the crowds will be "out of this world" so to speak!:eek: I will wait...:D

This is what I'm afraid of. I'm really hoping we finish up at BBB a little before 9am on Nov 19th so that we're poised to be some of the first headed towards FLE. Still going to be crazy, but I guess I've always envisioned it being crazy if it happened to coincide w/our dates.

HouCuseChickie

Any thoughts on how the dining will be handled during the preview? I was thinking it might be like when Via Napoli and la Hacienda opened prior to taking ADRs...i.e. it was all walk up. Trying to decide if I need to hatch a plan to get into BoG in all of this (b/c that is the goal). Anyone have any thoughts or know? Or maybe I didn't read everything correctly and the answer is in there?

DABIGCHEEZ

Sorry if I missed it and not scolling through all the threads... but does anyone know if PETE we be doing M&Gs at his own sideshow?

More Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Daisy(not so much) in different costumes= boring. Surprised they didn't have Duffy as the World's Strongest Bear!!!:rolleyes:

Bring out some lesser seen characters... Please!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry if I missed it and not scolling through all the threads... but does anyone know if PETE we be doing M&Gs at his own sideshow?

More Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Daisy(not so much) in different costumes= boring. Surprised they didn't have Duffy as the World's Strongest Bear!!!:rolleyes:

No word of Pete making any appearances.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Any thoughts on how the dining will be handled during the preview? I was thinking it might be like when Via Napoli and la Hacienda opened prior to taking ADRs...i.e. it was all walk up. Trying to decide if I need to hatch a plan to get into BoG in all of this (b/c that is the goal). Anyone have any thoughts or know? Or maybe I didn't read everything correctly and the answer is in there?
Reservations are expected to begin from Nov 19 onwards.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Will be there Nov. 21-24 for DW's 40th birthday. Really hope we can score reservations for BOG. Any guess when they'll be taking them? I know they said late August, but....

Tip Top Club

My Prayer is that with Bringing Donald, Daisy, and Goofy into Storybook Circus that they get replaced by other characters in Frontierland, Town Square, and Adentureland. It probably won't happen, but there is a chance! If nothing else can we just relocate the awkward Mary Poppins and Peter Pan greets?!

Patricia Melton

Anyone else notice how this is clearly a reaction to the media catching on to the fact WDW attendance is down?

I think this is a little too conspiracy theory.

People have been waiting for opening dates, and now Disney gave them to us. We always knew it would be "the holidays" but nothing more specific until today. Clearly they just got hard opening dates set and are reporting it.

It's not a "reaction" to anything, media or otherwise.

You'll drive yourself crazy if you think everything is some top-secret double-bank-shot the Mouse is throwing as part of some conspiracy with ulterior motives.

Patricia Melton

According to Attractions magazine Passholder previews along with Cast Member and DVC Member previews are expected to start before November 19th.

If this is true, then it sounds like regular park guests will get a soft-open of the FLE attractions from November 19th through the 5th of December...and then December 6th is the official "opening" with some kind of ceremony and media presence.

If that Attractions magazine article is correct then Passholders, CMs, and DVC members will get to see the FLE even earlier...some time in early to mid-November.

Patricia Melton

We arrive 11/01. Here's hoping for soft opens!

Looks like you are out of luck unless you are staying until after November 19th.

11/19/12 to 12/05/12 is the soft opening, with 12/06/12 as the official opening.

The only way to see it before 11/19/12 is to be a Passholder, CM, or DVC member but I don't know what date any of those people are allowed to start seeing it (maybe as early as 11/12/12).

I wish you luck in finding some way to experience it and hope you get to enjoy it during your trip as I will have to wait until next June to see it in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom