Opening date for New Fantasyland announced

Biff215

Hello everyone. I am new to this site, and new to vacationing at Disney. I was hoping someone could explain to me what 'previews' mean. Does that mean just certain guests get to go see it? If so, how do they pick the guests. We are staying November 24th to December 1st and would love to get to see the expansion. We are considering switching our dates around, but if there is a chance we could 'preview' it....

It's tough to say for sure, but these previews are likely for anyone as Disney is announcing them to the public without any exceptions mentioned. I would expect CM, AP, and DVC previews to occur before this period. Again, just my guess, but I think you should be fine.

Magenta Panther

Wow...and now I'm so torn. I was planning a trip to Disneyland this fall, but I may push that to next year and plan for a December visit to WDW instead...

Biff215

I think that When WDI designed the new FL they made it so not many people will be seen. If I'm correct while waiting for little mermaid your not seen while walking through, same with 7DMT and with all the trees and layering it should be fine and all of the character spite will help. It will be very crowded the first few months but it should b one after that

Not sure if that's so much about hiding people than it is keeping them out of the Florida heat. Outdoor queues are not real popular in WDW.

Adam5897

Not sure if that's so much about hiding people than it is keeping them out of the Florida heat. Outdoor queues are not real popular in WDW.

Well the heat is always going to be a problem but outdoors obviously cannot be fixed but what I'm saying is people are worried about the crowds and being able to walk through the new FL comfortably and I think with all the different paths, the long like for all the meet and greats and all of the different things for people to be doing just walking around and enjoying things won't be so much of a problem

AgentB911

I cannot begin to express how disappointed I am with my trip planning. By luck of the draw, we will miss previews by 1 day. We leave on 11/19, and although we have a late flight, and could squeeze in one more day at the MK, as a PP suggested, the first preview day will most likely be reserved for AP, DVC and the like. :-( <sigh>

mickeysbrother

Missing it by 60 days. Cmon mickey mouse are you serious!!!!! Well guess i have to start booking another mini trip in December for a couple of days. Oh well. A 2 days trip will be in December. God i love working for an airline. So much cheaper to fly down for the day :)

harryk

Oh well - something told me that we would not get to see it open and get to dine at BOG this year. Will just miss it by 2 days. Being DVC and a pass-holder - maybe will get to see a 'preview'......

NYwdwfan

SW owns Airtran now, yes. But they still operate as independent airlines, for now. We're booked with Airtrain, and it appears our flights have gone down some. Did they automatically give you a partial refund, or did you have to call and beg?

With Southwest if you buy online you can adjust online - there's a "change airfare" button somewhere around the "book airfare" button and you just re-select the same flight. You can also call. I've never been on the AirTran website but I'm sure you can call. They don't do anything automatically. The credit can be used toward new airfare that is booked within the same year of the original booking date, not flight date.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, and new to vacationing at Disney. I was hoping someone could explain to me what 'previews' mean. Does that mean just certain guests get to go see it? If so, how do they pick the guests. We are staying November 24th to December 1st and would love to get to see the expansion. We are considering switching our dates around, but if there is a chance we could 'preview' it....
The previews starting November 19 will be for all guests. Until the attractions officially grand open on Dec 6, they may close at anytime, or operate under limited conditions.

Weather_Lady

I feel really badly for you.

Is there any chance that you could go to City Hall when you get into MK and tell them that there's less for you to see this trip than seven years ago and that you are bummed that you made your reservations or this time right before things opened...and maybe they will do something magical for you?

Not sure if they do this, but I think something magical to offset the bummer would be in order for you.

Can't hurt to ask, right?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but no, I intend to confine my petulant whining to this board and focus 100% on having a good time in October! As I said, I gambled, knowing the risk, and I lost. I just felt the need to shake my tiny fist at the sky and have a little pity party when the opening dates were announced. In the big scheme of life, I know it's trivial. :)

Weather_Lady

Um.......no. You don't go to City Hall to cry about them not opening an expansion around your schedule. Nothing magical would be in order for this guest (no offense) or any of the other thousands of guests whose trips didn't coincide with the opening of the new land.

Where's the :brickwall: emoticon when I need it?

No worries. I was not, nor will I be, planning to complain to anyone about this except for all you lucky people. ;)

Beholder

I for one am glad to finally see this start to unfold with a definable end in site. 7DMC is bringing up the rear, but the rest should look amazing and I'm even excited at the crowd dispersal possibilities. We've been waiting a few years to go back to MK just for this. Even without 7DMC, it may be time to start planning. Good stuff!

muteki

Somewhat bummed, but not much of this phase really interests me. I doubt we would get to eat at Beasts, the meet and greets don't interest me too much and we have already seen Little Mermaid (albeit with ice cream hair) in California. I wasn't really looking forward to waiting in line for 30min+ for it anyway, as it is likely to draw some crowds those first few weeks. Hopefully at least the area will open up a bit because I really would like to walk around in there and see the buildings, as that is new to me.

Other than that, I am holding out for the mine train.

wiigirl

Wow...and now I'm so torn. I was planning a trip to Disneyland this fall, but I may push that to next year and plan for a December visit to WDW instead...

I am thinking I might have to do another trip! :p

75.gif

Patricia Melton

I'm running my first Disney Half Marathon in January and would have loved if they included parts of FLE in the run to help promote the new area. Maybe I can take a detour :p

You can take a detour if you want. I don't think anyone can stop you. I've seen in videos that there are other guests in the park when the race is going on and people stop to get water or take pictures. Once you leave the park you need a ticket to get back in, so why not run over to FLE if you want. I think the race goes by the castle so it will be close.

NYwdwfan

Um.......no. You don't go to City Hall to cry about them not opening an expansion around your schedule. Nothing magical would be in order for this guest (no offense) or any of the other thousands of guests whose trips didn't coincide with the opening of the new land.

Where's the :brickwall: emoticon when I need it?

I got this one:

341737r84u7cndtx.gif

:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom