Opening date for New Fantasyland announced

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What's unclear here is whether or not the preview is only for APs or if it's a "soft-opening" of sorts for everyone. The distinction (at least for me): My WDW vacation ends on Dec 6th (with an early morning flight and no chance of being there for the opening).

But if a non-AP like myself can get in on the preview goodness, then my 2 daughters (who don't even know about the trip) will still have a shot at seeing it.
This preview will be for all guests.

Weather_Lady

Darn! Looks like our October trip will be a big fat magical tour of construction walls. [sigh]

It's smart on their part, though, to wait until now to spring the trap... er, let us know specific dates. If I'd known back when I booked my trip (when "Fall 2012" was the official opening estimate) that we had zero chance of seeing the expansion, I'd have waited until 2013. Now it's too late for us to reschedule without incurring substantial inconvienience and flight reservation fees. I gambled and lost. Thanks to the closure of Test Track and Country Bears during our visit, and the permanent closure of Snow White, there will now be less for me to see at WDW than when I was last there seven years ago, instead of more. Bummer!:(

AmongMadPeople

Previews beginning November 19th will be open to all guests, but there will also be member limited (AP, DVC) previews? Are they using the term "preview" in place of what I would call a "soft open"?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Previews beginning November 19th will be open to all guests, but there will also be member limited (AP, DVC) previews? Are they using the term "preview" in place of what I would call a "soft open"?
Yes previews seems to have become the more friendly name for soft opens. It is open, but may potentially have closures until it is fully officially open.

Do walls come down for previews? Or do they keep them up and have the guests just come in a certain way? Have they done previews before? (As you can tell I'm new here ;):))

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do walls come down for previews? Or do they keep them up and have the guests just come in a certain way? Have they done previews before? (As you can tell I'm new here ;):))

I would think most of the wall will come down, but there still will need to be walls around the mine coaster.

rudyjr13

Original Poster
We arrive 11/01. Here's hoping for soft opens!

Think if I stand by the wall with my 1.5 year old and almost 3 year old daughters looking sad they will let us in during AP previews? :)

At least we hit the last Halloween party on our first day and the first Christmas party on our last full day.

Tom

Beta Return

I'm not sure they've ever had a situation like this in my lifetime at WDW. My wife and I were discussing this, and we can't think of any comparable situation from the past to help figure out how they're really going to do this.

With Dumbo, they gave a date, changed it, and then the wall was just down all of a sudden. The last time they added something major was EE, and I can't recall how they opened it. I know there was a big press day, but I don't know if they did invite-only previews, or just opened it one day without telling anyone and let guests meander into the queue.

We'll be there Nov 24 - Dec 1....and we'll be rearranging whatever plans need rearranging to ensure we get to experience it!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I had always thought that this would be open for my trip in December, but man is it good to see it there in black and white. Can not WAIT to take the kids through this. It'll be a cool thing to be able to tell my youngest daughter that her first trip was within the first week of it's "official" opening. I just feel that would be the kind of thing I'd love to tell people if it were me!

nepalostparks

One thing I noticed in the comments of the blog article was this:

Untitled.jpg

First time I've heard that Enchanted Tales with Belle will have FP

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Oh okay, thats what I was thinking but I thought they would need something incase they had to close it down for any reason.

Assuming they needed to close the entire area the castle wall sort of limits the number of entry points so they could easily close it off at that point. Still unclear as to whether they will even open the entrance by LM or if it will be left closed as construction access for the mine ride.

As Tom pointed out, this is a pretty unique opening for WDW so hard to be sure how this will be handled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom