Opening date for New Fantasyland announced

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Someone should reply to Jen and ask why a people-eating omnimover like Mermaid would ever need FP.

They even have Fastpass on LM in the DCA, and DL tends to have Fastpass on fewer rides then WDW. Of course from what I have seen it's not really needed there.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not sure they've ever had a situation like this in my lifetime at WDW. My wife and I were discussing this, and we can't think of any comparable situation from the past to help figure out how they're really going to do this.

With Dumbo, they gave a date, changed it, and then the wall was just down all of a sudden. The last time they added something major was EE, and I can't recall how they opened it. I know there was a big press day, but I don't know if they did invite-only previews, or just opened it one day without telling anyone and let guests meander into the queue.

We'll be there Nov 24 - Dec 1....and we'll be rearranging whatever plans need rearranging to ensure we get to experience it!

They typically have all the walls down - but the area roped off. Poor CMs have to stand out there and answer questions about why its not open, what is it, when will it open, etc. They do this typically all during the cast previews, soft openings, etc. When they want to open up the ride, they just open it up and people find it :)

For areas where it's a whole land.. for carsland they kept the walls to the land up and brought people in through designated entrances. Only when they got to mass openings did they take the walls down completely.

I would expect walled corridors to the attractions like TLM and possibly the M&Gs

Thinks like shops and resturants don't tend to soft open

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Is there ever such a thing a soft-opening before the preview?
Leaving on the 17th. I hate to think that I will be missing it by a mere 36 hours.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm not sure they've ever had a situation like this in my lifetime at WDW. My wife and I were discussing this, and we can't think of any comparable situation from the past to help figure out how they're really going to do this.

With Dumbo, they gave a date, changed it, and then the wall was just down all of a sudden. The last time they added something major was EE, and I can't recall how they opened it. I know there was a big press day, but I don't know if they did invite-only previews, or just opened it one day without telling anyone and let guests meander into the queue.

We'll be there Nov 24 - Dec 1....and we'll be rearranging whatever plans need rearranging to ensure we get to experience it!
In all the openings I have covered over the last 15 years, it always pretty much works the same. The first openings will be largely unannounced, and will be limited in numbers and time windows. They will want to test things out with guests and slowly ramp up numbers, with the aim of being fully operational on the announced opening date of Nov 19.

Here is the Everest opening timeframe news - starts around late 2005.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Expedition-Everest/News.htm

HouCuseChickie

I'm not sure if I should be happy, upset or worried!??!!?

We will be there during the preview...in fact, we will be in MK on Nov 19th. We have an 8am at BBB that morning and plan on the entire day/night in MK. Just hoping we can get in for the preview...that would soooooo make this trip!. It would also mean I don't have to turn my trip on its virtual ear trying to plan around BoG. Praying this works out. I guess if the 19th doesn't happen...our last day (the 21st) could be switched to MK. We'll also be in MK on the 18th, so hopefully we'll hear some true buzz on that day so I can do any last minute adjustments if need be. REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping BoG is at least testing CS meals so we can pop in for lunch.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So if we came into the park on our last day ( the 19th) would we have a good chance of seeing it? The whole opening of this just seems so strange.
Yes the 19th is the officially announced opening date for the previews. With this being actually announced, it would seem that this is pretty much their opening date. Earlier soft openings will likely not be announced.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is there ever such a thing a soft-opening before the preview?
Leaving on the 17th. I hate to think that I will be missing it by a mere 36 hours.
Yes very likely. They will want to be up to speed for their announced date of Nov 19. Most people are going to take that as the opening date, so everything will need to have been guest tested before that point. Annual Pass and DVC previews will also certainly be before the 19th.

doctornick

To shift gears a bit, I note this regarding Princess Fairytale Hall: "When it’s time for their audience with a princess, guests will proceed to elegantly finished rooms to meet Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel (2013)"

No mention of Snow White, who would certainly be a given for such a location. I could have sworn at one point that I rad about a Snow White M&G being part of the 7DMT area, just like Ariel is going to be at the location of her ride. I feel like the lack of her name regarding Princess Fairytale Hall makes this more likely.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
To shift gears a bit, I note this regarding Princess Fairytale Hall: "When it’s time for their audience with a princess, guests will proceed to elegantly finished rooms to meet Aurora, Cinderella and other Disney princesses, such as Tiana and Rapunzel (2013)"

No mention of Snow White, who would certainly be a given for such a location. I could have sworn at one point that I rad about a Snow White M&G being part of the 7DMT area, just like Ariel is going to be at the location of her ride. I feel like the lack of her name regarding Princess Fairytale Hall makes this more likely.
Yes it looks this way. Although it also seems that the meet and greet situation is still fairly fluid. Lots of changes have gone on in this area throughout the project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom