News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

Animaniac93-98

So for $150 gets you $5 worth of candy, a parade, water show and light show in a forest. Such a deal!
Not.

Hong Kong Disneyland is the best of Disney's parks for Halloween.

They have a maze with scareactors, Jack Skellington and Villains meet and greets, candy for the kids, a mini parade, and two stage shows (one indoor, one outdoor) all included with regular park admission.

Suspirian

Im kinda wondering whats the plan for this going forward? Since the rumored reason for the party moving to DCA was because of anticipated Star Wars crowds. Now that thats not much of an issue are they going to move it back? I know we still have ROTR to wait on but just a thought.

SuddenStorm

Im kinda wondering whats the plan for this going forward? Since the rumored reason for the party moving to DCA was because of anticipated Star Wars crowds. Now that thats not much of an issue are they going to move it back? I know we still have ROTR to wait on but just a thought.

Two different Halloween parties on alternating nights if I had to guess

Disney Analyst

It seems to be working well for DCA. They should just keep it there and improve the "immersive" trails next time. I see it as a win-win because DCA which normally closes earlier makes more money and Disneyland stays open later instead.

They’ve definitely crafted the best Halloween party stateside at Disney. Upgrade the treat trails even more next year, go even crazier on the creek trail. It’s honestly a pretty good looking party so far.

DanielBB8

Our version is much better than Orlando's version. Just look at Tim Trackers' vlog. In many trails at Magic Kingdom, it's unthemed. You get treats under full florescent lighting.

Oogie Boogie is very impressive. You get a lot of candy, but you must bring your own recycling bag to hold it all.

Last edited:

Phroobar

$5? You're not trying.
giphy.gif

Mickeyboof

What does the Villians Grove look like during the day? Are there exposed projectors and lighting equipment, or did they hide them well?

It’s stunning! Absolutely stunning!!

VJ

Original Poster
What does the Villians Grove look like during the day? Are there exposed projectors and lighting equipment, or did they hide them well?
If there were, you can bet MiceChat would be first on the scene condemning Disney for bad show and praising the end-all be-all Star Wars land in the same breath.

mickEblu

Wow just watched the FB video and super impressed with what they did with Villains Grove. Not cheesy at all. Experiential not character driven. Amazing what they can do with projections, lighting, smoke, great atmospheric sound and some trees. This defined to me what the adult side of Disney Halloween should feel like.

That black box ride might not be so bad after all.

Also Villains Grove >>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Wars Land

Last edited:

Happyrebster

Speaking as a DLR cast member, the party is a huge hit so far. Guests have been raving to us about how it compares to WDW parties and to past Disneyland Halloween parties. Enthusiasm for the event is at a new high. I wouldn’t expect this event to be going away any time soon.

Edited to add: If you have any doubts, try seeking out a ticket to the Oogie Boogie Bash on StubHub. Last time I checked, there were tickets to the party on that site selling for $200+

Edited again to add that I just looked on Stub Hub and the lowest ticket is now $300. They now range from $300 - $600. So - yeah - I’d say it’s going well and word of mouth is positive.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

The complaints in this thread prove that some Disneyland fans are perpetually bitter and unpleasable. You guys get the best Halloween event in the states, complete with a truly superior nighttime show, and still find a way to moan endlessly.

The last few pages, basically since the event started, have been mostly full of praise, despite people judging from videos.

What are you talking about, exactly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom