News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

brb1006

Oggie Boogie Bash was a one and done for me because there was not enough party exclusive stuff IMO. I liked MNSSHP in 2018 better, same with HKDL during normal park hours for their Halloween season.

I know people were not big on World of Color: Villainous, but the event needs something on that scale.

I'd say a Hocus Pocus show at the Hyperion and a maze where the Avengers E-ticket was supposed to go (based on the Zombies "What if...?" episode) would be a good start.
What about "Villains Grove"? It was very popular with guests when it was added two years ago.

Suspirian

Hard pass at the zombie Avengers - I don't want to see any explicit gore at a Disney park (HKDL's decapitation scenes in their old mazes are the kind of suggested gore I'd be okay with), and the zombie comic series just gives me nightmares over how heartbreaking/messed up the storylines were. 😢
WandaVision would be the perfect amount of scary for something Marvel based without being gorey. Or even the upcoming Dr Strange film that Wanda is appearing in.

Last edited:

waltography

I saw it, was good, but the event needs more than it, the parade and candy trails.
Although I would say in defense of this year, the 5 hours was just about enough time to do the parade, all the treat trails, Villains Grove, and a handful of rides/character photo ops. Adding Villainous would have meant cutting back a bit of something else to see it, which is why I don't think we'll see them add much more to OBB in the coming years except for an all-ages stage show or a maze to attract childless folks.

Animaniac93-98

Although I would say in defense of this year, the 5 hours was just about enough time to do the parade, all the treat trails, Villains Grove, and a handful of rides/character photo ops. Adding Villainous would have meant cutting back a bit of something else to see it, which is why I don't think we'll see them add much more to OBB in the coming years except for an all-ages stage show or a maze to attract childless folks.

I left after 3 hours, having done all the party exclusive stuff I wanted, and watching Disneyland's fireworks from BVS.

The lines for the rides I wanted to do were 45 min each. My biggest complaint would be the event was oversold.

KikoKea

We attended our first Oogie Bash last week on the 16th and found it a mixed bag, but mostly positive. We liked the way the characters were easily seen in the treat trail lines and how the characters interacted with us. I really liked Villain's Grove- the lights, the projections, the music was beautiful. The parade was good, but not like WDW's Boo To You. It was rather crowded, but we skipped most rides (except Tower of Terror, which was great fun with it's new identity). I'm glad we did it, but I'm not sure we'd do it again for that price.

waltography

I'm wondering if the late addition of Zombie Cap is in part a result of this survey (bold/italics are added):

Got an email today for a survey on my Oogie Boogie Bash visit and the most intriguing bit of the survey was interest in future Oogie Boogie Bash experiences. Among the experiences they proposed were:
  • Hocus Pocus stage show
  • Nightmare Before Christmas stage show
  • Haunted maze
  • VIP after-party
  • Non-food treats (stickers, bubbles, toys, etc.)
  • Scarier activities for adults
Probably will amount to nothing when all is said and done, but it'd be a lot of fun if they turned a soundstage in the backlot into something a little more spooky like HKDL's offerings.

It certainly feels a bit like a field test before they go all-in on a potential haunt. I really hope TDA likes what it hears given the mixed reviews Zombie Cap has from some pearl-clutching fans that think he's too scary. (Mind you, you have to actively walk to him to see him + you can barely see his makeup when he's doing M&G from atop Avengers HQ.)

Disney Analyst

I'm wondering if the late addition of Zombie Cap is in part a result of this survey (bold/italics are added):

It certainly feels a bit like a field test before they go all-in on a potential haunt. I really hope TDA likes what it hears given the mixed reviews Zombie Cap has from some pearl-clutching fans that think he's too scary. (Mind you, you have to actively walk to him to see him + you can barely see his makeup when he's doing M&G from atop Avengers HQ.

Legit some of the comments made me LOL. They do know they could just avoid him if they wanted… Disney can and should cater to both groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom