News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

BasiltheBatLord

There is a lot of potential for genuinely "scary" Disney characters and themes. I hope they explore it more especially now that they're confining Halloween stuff to the "adult park"

Parteecia

They've had scary before. One of the early Halloween events I went to had scareactors in HM. A treat line had given out posters instead of candy and we used those rolled up to hit them when they startled us. One grabbed my poster and we had a spirited tug of war.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

The stupid video freaked me out as an adult. I can't even look at the pic. It would have traumatized me as a child to see that thing. I'd've never returned to a Disney park ever again.

Sharon&Susan

Capamzom.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Love it! Diggin the creepy Cap'n. Gotta give props to Disney for venturing a little bit outside of their comfort zone to offer more frightening alternatives to the spoopy kiddy fare Halloween events. They haven't yet gone full Universal with the haunts and mazes... but I hope in time they will. THIS is the kind of stuff that DHS desperately needs. More! Let Magic Kingdom Park have it's silly spooks. DHS and the other parks need to take a page from DCA. Nice going. Keep it up!

Giss Neric

Legit some of the comments made me LOL. They do know they could just avoid him if they wanted… Disney can and should cater to both groups.
I had the same response to some people on Instagram who found it too scary and was disappointed at Disney. Their reasoning is that even if the characters are far away and in one spot, just the sight of them could trigger their fear and anxiety and would upset their kids.

I'm 100% sure these parents who complain are the same people who force their crying kid to ride an attraction that they are scared of.

waltography

Round two OBB surveys are including a question about Zombie Cap and how scary he is. This definitely leads me to believe that the initial round of surveys asking about more adult offerings directly influenced bringing Zombie Cap into the fold of OBB to test the waters.

Squishy

Round two OBB surveys are including a question about Zombie Cap and how scary he is. This definitely leads me to believe that the initial round of surveys asking about more adult offerings directly influenced bringing Zombie Cap into the fold of OBB to test the waters.

If they want scary they should just run the MSEP, maybe set a float or two on fire to add to the offering.

PiratesMansion

I would love some scary offerings! Doesn't need to take over the whole event, but it's Halloween-there's always a market for scary things! And the existence of scary things does not mean that they can't also add more family friendly things too!

Hong Kong Disneyland does a fabulous Halloween event, with mazes that are beautifully detailed and genuinely scary. There's also been a ton of unique and high quality entertainment offerings. To get the same thing here in the US in any capacity would be to die for (albeit HKDL's event is included with park admission and that ship has long sailed with Disney).

I'm sure it will be killed by the "it's-Disney-so-every-single-thing-should-be-appropriate-for-my-extraordinarily-fragile-and-sheltered-four-year-old" crowd, but it'd certainly get me to buy a ticket.

Animaniac93-98

I would love some scary offerings! Doesn't need to take over the whole event, but it's Halloween-there's always a market for scary things! And the existence of scary things does not mean that they can't also add more family friendly things too!

Hong Kong Disneyland does a fabulous Halloween event, with mazes that are beautifully detailed and genuinely scary. There's also been a ton of unique and high quality entertainment offerings. To get the same thing here in the US in any capacity would be to die for (albeit HKDL's event is included with park admission and that ship has long sailed with Disney).

I'm sure it will be killed by the "it's-Disney-so-every-single-thing-should-be-appropriate-for-my-extraordinarily-fragile-and-sheltered-four-year-old" crowd, but it'd certainly get me to buy a ticket.

HKDL is the best Disney park for Halloween. When I went they had:

- Nightmare Before Christmas maze (where the scareactors gave out candy)
- Jack meet 'n greet
- High quality, elaborate Villains show in Lion King theater
- Stage show in front of castle
- Halloween cavalcade
- trick or treating for little kids
- decorations throughout the park, not just Main Street

^ all of which was included with park admission. Plus the expected seasonal food and merch. The only thing they didn't allow was costumes for adults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom