News Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party coming to DCA

Giss Neric

this is off topic but I went to HHH at USH last night as part of a preview and it was.....ok. The mazes were ok, I liked the Haunted hill house whatever its called new one the most. Luckily there was no crowd at all with it being cast preview night, lines were 20 mins at most, but theres only 5 mazes and we were in and out of there in about 3 hours. Im sure with crowds it will take much much longer, they had ques set up for miles but they were empty. Had a ton of actors all scaring people, 100s of people must be part of the HHH cast, the park was full of them, and that was cool, but the whole experience was....just not that much to do.
HHH at Orlando is way better than California. Halloween at Disneyland California is better than Orlando.

brb1006

Whoever that Cruella is, she's spot on from the look to the voice. Agatha's fun too; again, love the video wall use there.

I hope this is Sid's first and last appearance at OBB. I'm getting Michael Keaton vibes more than anything. 😂
Shouldn't Sid be dressed as a Garbage Workers? Since he made a cameo appearance in Toy Story 3?

Suspirian

I'm still confused why The Mad Hatter (not the Burton version) is sometimes included in the Villains lineup. He was featured in some Villains related merchandise in the past.
honestly think it's just because he looks creepy. Same Jack Skellington but I guess thats a more natural thing.

waltography

Just came back from Oogie Boogie Bash and all in all I was very pleased with how the event went.

Our very first treat trail was Sid in Pixar Pier; as weird and off-putting as he was in photos previously posted, he was very entertaining and actually kind of a highlight. He heckles the crowd well and is thoroughly fun.

The treat trails altogether were a mixed bag. Clear highlights are the new characters in Cruella, Agatha, and Sid in that their stages are all very well-designed. Mad Hatter and Maleficent were pretty poorly placed (behind the Hyperion and in the airstrip next to Soarin, respectively), and Evil Queen got no love because of her placement in Grizzly Peak Pass which was very out of the way.

Didn't see a whole lot of rare characters this time around, though they weren't a priority. Only rare-ish character out and about was Governor Ratcliffe.

Villains Grove is amazing as always, and huge kudos to the lighting designers for the grand finale in the Wisps + Dawn. I do hope once COVID is well out of our concern they add actors in the walkthrough. They don't even have to be the main villain themselves; hyenas in the Scar section or card soldiers at the Queen of Hearts section could liven up a lot of the dead space in some sections.

Monsters After Dark is great. The metal music + the jump scare ending makes for a far more thrilling experience and a better spiritual successor to ToT if there ever could be one.

I wish the map would tell us what direction the parade starts at each showtime; we ended up wasting about 45 minutes waiting for the parade where it ended. Note to future partygoers: the 7:45pm parade starts at Pixar Pier and ends at Hollywoodland, and the 10pm is the opposite.

In all, we managed to ride about 6 rides and do 8 treat trails + parade and Villains Grove during the 5 hours of the party. Not too shabby. Likely won't do OBB again next year unless there's something totally new added.

waltography

Got an email today for a survey on my Oogie Boogie Bash visit and the most intriguing bit of the survey was interest in future Oogie Boogie Bash experiences. Among the experiences they proposed were:
  • Hocus Pocus stage show
  • Nightmare Before Christmas stage show
  • Haunted maze
  • VIP after-party
  • Non-food treats (stickers, bubbles, toys, etc.)
  • Scarier activities for adults
Probably will amount to nothing when all is said and done, but it'd be a lot of fun if they turned a soundstage in the backlot into something a little more spooky like HKDL's offerings.

Disney Analyst

Got an email today for a survey on my Oogie Boogie Bash visit and the most intriguing bit of the survey was interest in future Oogie Boogie Bash experiences. Among the experiences they proposed were:
  • Hocus Pocus stage show
  • Haunted maze
  • VIP after-party
Probably will amount to nothing when all is said and done, but it'd be a lot of fun if they turned a soundstage in the backlot into something a little more spooky like HKDL's offerings.

Yes to Hocus Pocus and Haunted Maze. Do it Disney.

Suspirian

• Hocus Pocus stage show
  • Haunted maze
  • VIP after-party

They could really come out as the premiere Halloween even if they did some of the things here especially the Haunted maze or scarier activities. I think an event that has something for all ages rather than all children or all adult is a very good idea as its something other parks aren't doing. They have tons of ips for mazes too!

KJC21

Just came back from Oogie Boogie Bash and all in all I was very pleased with how the event went.

Our very first treat trail was Sid in Pixar Pier; as weird and off-putting as he was in photos previously posted, he was very entertaining and actually kind of a highlight. He heckles the crowd well and is thoroughly fun.

The treat trails altogether were a mixed bag. Clear highlights are the new characters in Cruella, Agatha, and Sid in that their stages are all very well-designed. Mad Hatter and Maleficent were pretty poorly placed (behind the Hyperion and in the airstrip next to Soarin, respectively), and Evil Queen got no love because of her placement in Grizzly Peak Pass which was very out of the way.

Didn't see a whole lot of rare characters this time around, though they weren't a priority. Only rare-ish character out and about was Governor Ratcliffe.

Villains Grove is amazing as always, and huge kudos to the lighting designers for the grand finale in the Wisps + Dawn. I do hope once COVID is well out of our concern they add actors in the walkthrough. They don't even have to be the main villain themselves; hyenas in the Scar section or card soldiers at the Queen of Hearts section could liven up a lot of the dead space in some sections.

Monsters After Dark is great. The metal music + the jump scare ending makes for a far more thrilling experience and a better spiritual successor to ToT if there ever could be one.

I wish the map would tell us what direction the parade starts at each showtime; we ended up wasting about 45 minutes waiting for the parade where it ended. Note to future partygoers: the 7:45pm parade starts at Pixar Pier and ends at Hollywoodland, and the 10pm is the opposite.

In all, we managed to ride about 6 rides and do 8 treat trails + parade and Villains Grove during the 5 hours of the party. Not too shabby. Likely won't do OBB again next year unless there's something totally new added.
Frightfully Fun Parade steps off from Pixar Pier both showings though...? 👀

waltography

Frightfully Fun Parade steps off from Pixar Pier both showings though...? 👀
Does it? I wasn't paying attention to the second showing. 😂 I just assumed it follows the PTN playbook where the later showing travels back up the route since the floats have to return to storage somehow. I guess since FFP has smaller floats it doesn't have to do that?

Animaniac93-98

• Hocus Pocus stage show
  • Haunted maze
  • VIP after-party

Oggie Boogie Bash was a one and done for me because there was not enough party exclusive stuff IMO. I liked MNSSHP in 2018 better, same with HKDL during normal park hours for their Halloween season.

I know people were not big on World of Color: Villainous, but the event needs something on that scale.

I'd say a Hocus Pocus show at the Hyperion and a maze where the Avengers E-ticket was supposed to go (based on the Zombies "What if...?" episode) would be a good start.

waltography

Oggie Boogie Bash was a one and done for me because there was not enough party exclusive stuff IMO. I liked MNSSHP in 2018 better, same with HKDL during normal park hours for their Halloween season.

I know people were not big on World of Color: Villainous, but the event needs something on that scale.

I'd say a Hocus Pocus show at the Hyperion and a maze where the Avengers E-ticket was supposed to go (based on the Zombies "What if...?" episode) would be a good start.
Villainous not being back this year I think was a product of the pandemic - I'm sure it'll be back next year since DCA can't afford not having the infrastructure for a nighttime show.

Yes to Hocus Pocus at the Hyperion.

Hard pass at the zombie Avengers - I don't want to see any explicit gore at a Disney park (HKDL's decapitation scenes in their old mazes are the kind of suggested gore I'd be okay with), and the zombie comic series just gives me nightmares over how heartbreaking/messed up the storylines were. 😢

I think a Journey to Halloweentown walkthrough like they have at HKDL would be a perfect kid-friendly maze, and then adding actors to Villains Grove (gargoyles/hyenas/soldiers/etc.) would plus it up for the adults as a grown up maze.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom