One Sentence Competition, Season 6, Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
lbAP8gq.png

@Evilgidgit - The Weather Pavilion
The Weather Pavilion is always a classic in armchair imagineering circles. You do a good job making it a compact pavilion for the space you have while still being staisfying. The Weather Rooms particularly stand out to me as a lot of fun! I don't have much to say about this, but that doesn't mean I don't like it! My only worry is that weather pavilion ideas are pretty common, but, like InspectorSpacetime's Horizons, you found a new take on it to make it stand out!

@DlpPhantom - Inspiration Oasis
A fantastic way to add more greenery to the park. And with the Spaceship Earth revamp delayed indefinitely, this would be a great way to take some of the better aspects like Dreamers point and blend them in here. Much like Disneymanone's garden you did a good job giving all this green space thematic and inspirational meaning. Including a flex space for festivals is a nice touch. I realize what they annoucned was controversial, but that's more because of the bar and the ugly table design. Some sort of festival space is a good idea to include.

@spacemt354 - The Maze of Memories
You know I've got a weakness for flat rides! Adding a flat and a small train would be a great way to round out Epcot's attraction line up. The whole mini-land you have here would add a lot to rounding out epcot. I'm not sure if this is the right location for a very cartoony IP or for a flat though. It is realistic and the compliment to Moana is there, but I feel like this would be very controversial even by Epcot IP standards. But the framing of this as an extension of sorts to Imagination is a good move to help ground this more. As is the choice to not theme the candy store to eating Bing Bongs tears (Pixar Pier *** are you doing?). Overall, this is cute and if it was more directly connected to Imagination (perhaps replacing the 4D theater and expanding into the nearby gardens?_ it would be a slam dunk. I think it would stand out slightly too much where it is though.

@Disneylover152 - Dream Up
This just feels "Epcot." It's slightly boring, but in that classic epcot way that you want. A great mix of inspirational, educational, and entertaining. Having the post show helps round it out too and carry the message forward the way a, Epcot post show should! It might not be the most exciting or out of the box concept, but it strikes the exact tone the park is looking for!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
A fantastic Second Scene! This was a prompt I rewrote twice and almost cut, but I wanted something timely and a different twist on the classic "Add and Epcot Pavilion" prompt. You guys rose to the challenge big time and made some amazing stuff!

Everyone who submitted something gets 1 point just for playing, but medal winners will get extra points on top of that!

And now for the awards!!!!

Ps5WGu1.png

Honorable Mention
@TwilightZone -
The Imagintarium
Honorable Mentions isn't necessarily "4th Place." This award goes to a project that excelled in one area, but had something else holding it back from the top 3. In this case, this was full of so many absolutely incredible ideas! It was just one or two ideas too many. Plus, run on sentences went a bit too far.

L30Y5yp.png

Bronze Medal (1 Point)
@Disneylover152 - Dream Up!
This was another very close race for bronze. With the obvious last minute change after Disneylover's post minutes ago. But this was not an easy decision. But Dream Up just felt so quintessentially Epcot to me while still feeling unique all on its own!

zihTg3C.png

Silver Medal (1 Point)
@DisneyManOne -
The EPCOT Garden
This was just a breath of fresh air for Epcot! And you managed to make it feel like so much more than just a garden, it was more of an open air pavilion. And it excellently complimented everything around it.

DrRz15D.png

Gold Medal (2 Points)
@InspectorSpacetime -
Horizons
When I made this prompt, I thought to myself, "Some poor chump is gonna remake Horizons and get an immediate zero for creativity/originality." Yet you remade Horizons in such a bold new way that would add so much to Future World as a whole as well as being an incredible experience in its own right! I always admire projects that I start off rolling my eyes at and end absolutely adoring.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene Three
We Need a Little Christmas

hKkqHdf.png

You're an aspiring Imagineer in an elevator with Disney's CEO, Bob Chapek. You overhear him on the phone talking with Imagineers about a problem in the parks.

-The Problem-
Haunted Mansion Holiday and Small World Holiday are huge hits and beloved by many! But more recent attempts at trying to create a holiday overlay haven't gone over as well. Jingle Cruise is usually seen as fun, but underwhelming. And the changes to Pirates, Space Mountain, and Mad Tea Party for recent Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween parties at WDW have been better than nothing but pretty small scale and not a real draw. With the parks taking the holidays off for 2020, underwhelming half measures aren't gonna cut it for 2021.

nv4795-b88520250z.120150922222752000guoc5bsl.10.jpg

There isn't much time left in this elevator ride, but now is your chance to impress the Big Cheese and propose a solution that will earn you a place in the Imagineering Hall of Fame!

-The Prompt-
Propose a solution!
Design a new holiday overlay for an attraction!
What attraction? What park? What Holiday?
Those decisions are up to you!

This does not have to be a Disney park, but I'll give a fair warning that I don't know much outside Disney or Universal. I'll do my best to learn, but going too outside the box might give you a disadvantage.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture.
The deadline will be at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, October 11th

-Tips-

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly.
This is an elevator pitch, not a full project!
It isn't about more detail, it is about the right details!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

giphy.gif

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Standings

@TwilightZone - 2
@Evilgidgit - 2
@NateD1226 - 1
@D Hindley - 2
@DashHaber - 2
@tcool123 - 1
@Brer Panther - 4
@DisneyManOne - 4
@InspectorSpacetime - 4
@spacemt354 - 3

@MickeyMousketeer - 2
@Pufflefan - 1
@FireMountain - 1
@DlpPhantom - 1
@Disneylover152 - 2

Now that all the time travel is sorted out, here's the standings and the next prompt quoted here for easy access!
Scene Three
We Need a Little Christmas

hKkqHdf.png

You're an aspiring Imagineer in an elevator with Disney's CEO, Bob Chapek. You overhear him on the phone talking with Imagineers about a problem in the parks.

-The Problem-
Haunted Mansion Holiday and Small World Holiday are huge hits and beloved by many! But more recent attempts at trying to create a holiday overlay haven't gone over as well. Jingle Cruise is usually seen as fun, but underwhelming. And the changes to Pirates, Space Mountain, and Mad Tea Party for recent Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween parties at WDW have been better than nothing but pretty small scale and not a real draw. With the parks taking the holidays off for 2020, underwhelming half measures aren't gonna cut it for 2021.

nv4795-b88520250z.120150922222752000guoc5bsl.10.jpg

There isn't much time left in this elevator ride, but now is your chance to impress the Big Cheese and propose a solution that will earn you a place in the Imagineering Hall of Fame!

-The Prompt-
Propose a solution!
Design a new holiday overlay for an attraction!
What attraction? What park? What Holiday?
Those decisions are up to you!

This does not have to be a Disney park, but I'll give a fair warning that I don't know much outside Disney or Universal. I'll do my best to learn, but going too outside the box might give you a disadvantage.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 picture.
The deadline will be at 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, October 11th

-Tips-

K.I.S.S - Keep it simple, silly.
This is an elevator pitch, not a full project!
It isn't about more detail, it is about the right details!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

giphy.gif

Good Luck everyone! Have fun! Go create!

TwilightZone

A Spaceship Earth Carol

FYsIfYT.png

Coming soon to Epcot is this unique retelling of the classic holiday story A Christmas Carol takes over Spaceship Earth during the holiday season. Join Eleanor Scrooge, great-granddaughter of Ebenezer Scrooge, on a magical ride as she time travels with the Ghost of Christmas Past as she teaches her the history of Christmastime celebrations when Eleanor gets out of the Christmas spirit. Guests see Christmas celebrations through all the decades featured in Spaceship Earth and even get a small glimpse of how others celebrate Christmas in a unique historical, yet magical and Disney flair.

spacemt354

Chili's
sjkfbo899.jpg

Each year for the month of November to ease the transition from Halloween to Christmas, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will have a 'birthday' overlay for Mickey Mouse, celebrating his November 18th birthday. While exterior Chinese Theater decorations will be kept to a minimum, there will be a giant Sorcerer Mickey Hat to celebrate lights on the scale of the old Osborne Family Spectacle lining Hollywood Boulevard towards the star attraction. Inside the attraction, the story will be rewritten to feature a 'birthday' picnic for Mickey that the guests are invited to, allowing the attraction to sustain its core foundation while adding key easter eggs throughout the attraction such as Goofy accidently getting exploding candles that leads him off course, or Donald losing the cake in the carnival, or Daisy teaching us a special birthday dance, all leading up to the birthday party finale that Minnie has decked out in special decorations for all to see.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
A Spaceship Earth Carol

FYsIfYT.png

Coming soon to Epcot is this unique retelling of the classic holiday story A Christmas Carol takes over Spaceship Earth during the holiday season. Join Eleanor Scrooge, great-granddaughter of Ebenezer Scrooge, on a magical ride as she time travels with the Ghost of Christmas Past as she teaches her the history of Christmastime celebrations when Eleanor gets out of the Christmas spirit. Guests see Christmas celebrations through all the decades featured in Spaceship Earth and even get a small glimpse of how others celebrate Christmas in a unique historical, yet magical and Disney flair.
Pictured: @TwilightZone making sure they have the first proposal every round
jim carrey typing GIF

sjkfbo899.jpg

Each year for the month of November to ease the transition from Halloween to Christmas, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will have a 'birthday' overlay for Mickey Mouse, celebrating his November 18th birthday. While exterior Chinese Theater decorations will be kept to a minimum, there will be a giant Sorcerer Mickey Hat to celebrate lights on the scale of the old Osborne Family Spectacle lining Hollywood Boulevard towards the star attraction. Inside the attraction, the story will be rewritten to feature a 'birthday' picnic for Mickey that the guests are invited to, allowing the attraction to sustain its core foundation while adding key easter eggs throughout the attraction such as Goofy accidently getting exploding candles that leads him off course, or Donald losing the cake in the carnival, or Daisy teaching us a special birthday dance, all leading up to the birthday party finale that Minnie has decked out in special decorations for all to see.
Pictured: @spacemt354 realizing Twilight beat him by a matter of seconds to first post
kanye west frown GIF

Brer Panther

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover... the Christmas Edition
1602247710020.png
Sometimes, the best thing to do for a Christmas overlay of an attraction is keep it simple - if for no other reason than because it'll cost less to install (Iger and Chapek would love that part). A Christmas overlay of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover wouldn't need too much to be a solid overlay, just some futuristic Christmas decorations around the track and swapping out the dioramas for ones that show how people of the future celebrate the holidays. For example, one diorama takes us into a "New Tomorrowland" style version of Santa's workshop, where the elves are joined by robots and aliens hard at work on making toys for children - one alien, boasting multiple arms, is able to build nine different toys all at once!

DlpPhantom

Millennium Falcon: Life Day Delivery
de4eedd09008f108472cb458ab1a57d6.png

In this Star Wars Holiday Special inspired overlay of Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, guest go on a special life day mission. In the Pre-show guests learn Chewbacca has asked Hondo Ohnaka to deliver a gift to his son Lumpy on the Wookie home world Kashyyyk. Your job as Pilot, Gunner or Engineer aboard the Millennium Falcon is to break thru the First Order Blockade and deliver Chewie's present to his son.

Orange Cat

MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS/EXPEDITION EVEREST RESCUE MISSION (HALLOWEEN)

After a trip through the Matterhorn Bobsleds/Expedition Everest goes awry (in cannon, of course), a search party (aka your ride vehicle) goes through the mountain to find a very different scene than the usual yeti goofiness (& stillness in Everest’s case). During the build up blood-stained ice accompanies skeletons & frozen corpses, & once we see the yeti it’s fur is stained with a skeletal arm in its mouth, along with this, the animatronic is dressed up to look much more monstrous.

386B607F-01D0-493D-953C-8C3D80BB3E4C.jpeg

While it’s strongly suggested that young children stay away from this one, it still offers a more horror focused attraction for guests that can enjoy that.

Last edited:

InspectorSpacetime

SOARIN': WINTER WINDS

Soarin’: Winter Winds expands Epcot’s International Festival of the Holidays beyond the booths and storytellers of World Showcase while balancing crowds drawn to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure with minimal downtime and expense. Guests fly over the snow blanketed temples of Kyoto, beneath the northern lights of Alaska, past Alpine villages wrapped in yuletide spirit, and through Central Park at its most picturesque. A celebration of worlds Natural and Man-Made and civilizations East and West, Soarin’: Winter Winds captures the spirit of the season in all its forms, joining the headliner attraction’s adventurous spirit with the Festival’s global perspective on the holidays in a merry marriage that’ll have guests dreaming of an Epcot Christmas.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 12.17.22 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom