One Sentence Competition, Season 6, Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot

TwilightZone

jim carrey typing GIF

Me when the prompt is literally propose a show

TwilightZone

Step in Time with Mickey

iu
This theater show stars Valarie, a little girl who has bad dreams about evil Disney Villains and monsters that live under her bed, to stop this her mom gives her a Mickey Mouse doll who during one special and magical night, comes to life to protect her and take her to various magical lands from Disney's animated catalogue to help show her there's nothing to be afraid of and all evil can be defeated with the power of love and magic. This show will utilize many effects such as puppets to portray various characters, such as Mickey himself, smoke and lazer effects for the various villains that Mickey faces off against in the epic climax, and even updated water and backlight effects for the stunning Moana segment showcasing a giant Tamatoa puppet, as sort of a spiritual successor to the previous show. Other franchises included in this wonderful new musical include Aladdin, Tangled, Alice in Wonderland, Monster's Inc., and of course Mary Poppins, all utilizing stunning new high tech effects making this the ulitmate show for any Disney lover new and old.

tcool123

Gold Medal (2 Points)
@tcool123 -
Las Posadas River Journey starring The Three Caballeros
Usually holiday overlays wind up just being "Good for a month or two," but your project manages to improve on the actual ride and make it fit better into Epcot/World Showcase and make just an overall improved experience! Plus, you taught me about a tradition from another culture I had never heard of before. All around just a perfect choice for this.
Las Posadas is actually featured in a very brief segment of the original Three Caballeros film, making this technically more IP centric as well. It’s actually how I learned about Las Posadas, and it’s one of the scenes that just sticked to me from the original film. This includes the images I used as it was artwork by Mary Blair (I think) in the film itself.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Las Posadas is actually featured in a very brief segment of the original Three Caballeros film, making this technically more IP centric as well. It’s actually how I learned about Las Posadas, and it’s one of the scenes that just sticked to me from the original film. This includes the images I used as it was artwork by Mary Blair (I think) in the film itself.

That makes it even better! It's been so long since I've watched that film I ha forgotten entirely lol

Brer Panther

The Nightmare Before Christmas: The Boo-sical
1602549201548.png
What happens when two holidays meet by mistake? The Nightmare Before Christmas seems like a perfect fit for a Voyage of the Little Mermaid replacement - fans of the film will love seeing it brought to life via a combination of physical sets, video screens, blacklight puppetry, live actors, and other special effects. Highlights include an enormous Oogie Boogie puppet a la the previous show's Ursula, Jack Skellington flying over the audience in his sleigh, characters sneaking around the theater and through the aisles, and something bound to put a smile on every member of the audience's face: snow actually falling in the theater!

NateD1226

Genie's Wishes

1602552027105.png

This new original show will feature Genie and a kid named Joel where Joel makes three wishes to the Genie to visit 3 Disney movies. The two travel through Tiana's Palace to join Tiana cook in the kitchen, the Banks's bathtub with Mary Poppins for a visit through the sea, and much more. This show will use screens, sets, and live actors along with jokes and music to make this 30 minute show an experience you will never forget.

spacemt354

Chili's
Life's Purpose
Phase 1 of the Animation Courtyard Revival Project
Untitled.png

Inspired by the surprise Disney+ hit feature film, Soul, Life's Purpose is an interactive 17 minute continuous daily show replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Disney's Hollywood Studios, and the inception of a Pixar jazz-inspired metropolitan makeover of Animation Courtyard, with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor's move and subsequent replacement of Disney Jr, establishing a Pixar flow from Incredibles and Toy Story.

Before the experience begins, guests can access a questionnaire on the MyDisneyExperience app anywhere in the park, where they surmise what their dreams and aspirations are in the future while creating a self-'soul', and once inside the queue within The Great Before, they can tap their magic band to luminescent HD panels throughout the queue to see their soul accomplishing the dreams they set out to do.

After meandering through the high-tech queue, guests are transported to a theater, where they are joined by Joe Gardner and 22 for a 4D exploration of life on Earth, the importance of dreaming, and striving for your own individual 'purpose' here.

DisneyManOne

Dumbo: Live on Stage

IDP401126__14692.1549825237.jpg

Inspired by the 1941 Disney classic, this new stage show makes use of every style of Disney park stagecraft to bring the story of that famous little elephant to life. Elaborate and expressive puppets are used to bring the animal characters to life -- for example, the show starts with an army of puppeteers running through the audience waving giant kites that resemble storks, and the adult elephants (the four gossipy elephants and Mrs. Jumbo) are all giant puppets operated and voiced by live performers -- and projections bring to life the world of the circus, mist simulates the feeling of being in the clouds, a life-size Casey Jr. train is involved, and special lighting adds a flair of circus-style whimsy to the whole show (I should also point out that the infamous "Pink Elephants on Parade" sequence may be one of the most elaborate sequences ever choreographed for a Disney theme park production). Plus, I should point out that the crows will be part of this (stereotypes they may be, they still play a major part in helping Dumbo fly in the end), but great lengths will be taken in both script and performance to ensure that they do not come off as black stereotypes.

Evilgidgit

MERLIN AND THE TRIALS OF MAGIC
ca534303fb1ca9ef3e99f23d3f8da5a7.jpg
The Little Mermaid Theatre becomes the Queen Guinevere Theatre, as Merlin enchants the stage and audience with tales from ancient Britain. Merlin and his highly educated owl Archimedes welcome guests into their workshop, where Merlin attempts to educate and impress his guests in the arts of prestodigitatium, and tells them of the story of King Arthur, accompanied by footage from The Sword in the Stone, playing on what he calls "windows to the past". Merlin re-enacts some of his greatest spells onstage, with mixed results, attracting the attention of the magnificent, marvellous, MAD, MAD, MAD Madam Mim, who challenges his power, leading to a spectacular wizard's duel of transformation, puppetry, and Mim transforming into a giant purple dragon!

InspectorSpacetime

Hollywood Royalty

You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll sing, and you’ll laugh again at Hollywood Royalty, an original half-hour musical (part of an expanded Hollywood Boulevard) which pokes and prods at an eccentric family of film stars wherein the parents, icons of the silent era, have been surpassed by their children in a new world order of sound and color. While exploring this family’s dysfunctions (ultimately resolved by their shared ambitions and delusions), the show uses practical movie magic effects, hidden screens, and all the colored lights you can imagine to create a waking cinematic dream. Hollywood Royalty romanticizes and lampoons both the glamorous, fabricated stardom of golden age Tinseltown and the filmmaking process under the studio system, a perfect love letter in a park filled with love letters to "a Hollywood that never was and always will be”.

90 2.jpeg

Orange Cat

The Pixar Invasion
(definitely only about the show & not an expression of my opinions on California Adventure as of writing this proposal)
B0FCD902-F4AF-491B-9332-DFA5A158CDD6.jpeg
This new puppet show stars the Luxo Lamp & it’s child, as Junior opens a mysterious new box with Pixar characters being released, with musical numbers & scene reenactment segments dedicated to Toy Story, Monster Inc., Finding Nemo, Wall-E, Ratatouille, & Coco, with each of them ending by the characters following the famed ball into the box. The show ends with a gallery of characters causing havoc as they eventually go back in the box as the ball springs out right before it’s sealed, with Junior finally lifting the ball.

D Hulk

Chicken Little’s
Cinema Fantastique

ChickenLittle09-740x416.jpg

The Little Mermaid Theater transforms into the stupendous Oakey Oaks Movie Palace and plunges lucky guests into the imaginative and immersive world of Disney’s beloved Chicken Little, where an in-universe sequel to Chicken Little: The True Story has just been released under the genius name of Buck-Buck-Buck Rogers!

Watch Chicken Little and his lovable friends Abby Mallard, Runt of the Litter, and Fish Out of Water (all expressive lifelike puppets portrayed by live performers) as they watch - and ruthlessly mock a-la MST3K - the cheesy space opera that’s playing, leading the theater’s frustrated projectionist (original character & furry fandom bait Dingbattus Cattus) to use Melvin’s alien technology to teleport the quartet inside of the movie screen...while Dingbattus constantly changes out the reel, sending our heroes across the entire history of cinema!

You’ll swear the sky is falling as Chicken Little et al comically reenact famous scenes from old westerns, noirs, silent comedies, musicals, even horror films, all in a whimsical theater attraction which pays homage not just to the best of moviemaking magic, but also to the best departed Disney movie-themed attractions like Great Movie Ride and WDSP’s true fan favorite Cinemagique!

DashHaber

The Fantastic Flicker Show

Projector_1.jpg

A disillusioned movie collector named Herman rediscovers his cinematic dreams when he finds a "magic lantern" projector that transforms an old studio into a Disney wonderland, in a multi-media show that offers goofy slapstick, thrilling adventure, and that old spark of magic.

Suchomimus

The Fantastic Flicker Show

Projector_1.jpg

A disillusioned movie collector named Herman rediscovers his cinematic dreams when he finds a "magic lantern" projector that transforms an old studio into a Disney wonderland, in a multi-media show that offers goofy slapstick, thrilling adventure, and that old spark of magic.
The boys in blue and green look awfully familiar....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom