One Sentence Competition, Season 6, Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot

DashHaber

The Future World Showcase

1180-x-600-103017_fanniversary-epcot-logo-concept-to-now_v2.jpg

Memories of Epcot's past have come together with visions of its future in this sleek and futuristic expo center, where guests can learn about the renewable energies around the world in the Eco-Energy Reactor, discover ways of healthy living while turning their view upside down in the Fitness Funhouse, and take a VR trip with Dreamfinder through their wildest imagination in the Dream Weavers.​

InspectorSpacetime

Horizons

EPCOT Center was born from faith in humanism, and Horizons, re-imagined for a new century, brings the park's thesis to its literal center (returning focus to a park of atrophying ambition). The ride experience is a cross between the original and the PeopleMover, sending guests on a journey through the redesigned central Future World and Entrance Plaza with scenes dotted along the path, allowing for a long ride experience despite a small main structure. Every ride through is unique (thanks to free-roaming animatronics and randomized special effects) to showcase a constantly shifting view of the future, most notably through multiple “Choose Your Own" sections, inspired by the original's finale, which reaffirm for guests that most foundational of Epcot’s beliefs: The future is for us to create.

unnamed.jpg

FireMountain

Hey folks! Long time no see! Haven't been in touch with this forum since like April. I am really sorry about that, life got in the way and I sorta lost interest for a while. But a tsunami of motivation and ideas came over me earlier today, and I am ready to get back in the game! I got some larger projects in my head for the future, but I feel like this is a good place to come back to!

WALL-E: A Brighter Future
o82ca9mo7clx.png

Future World will be home to a life-size recreation of the transport vehicle from the 2008 classic WALL-E. Inside, there are several state of the art exhibits showcasing what the average person can do to improve our environment, from solar energy to paper straws, the attraction leaves guests wanting change and fighting for a brighter future. And yes, there are WALL-E meet and greets.

D Hulk

CHICKEN LITTLE PRESENTS:
A STERN WARNING OF THINGS TO COME

chicken-little-on-cnn.jpg

Ditching Epcot’s former futuristic optimism for a new mood of sour, apocalyptic defeatism, guests can now marvel at the imaginative and immersive world of Disney's beloved Chicken Little, where they’ll swear the sky is falling based on an endless, depressing list of future calamities against which we stand no chance. Board your very own Whatevermobile and glide along watching Chicken Little and his lovable friends Abby Mallard, Runt of the Litter, and Fish Out of Water (all expressive lifelike animatronics) act histrionically while discussing climate change, pandemics, global warfare, robot AI, the singularity, supervolcanoes, Biblical prophecies, and much more. In an astounding climax, this dark ride reveals itself to be a drop tower into the ground as floors open up and shackled guests are sent helplessly tumbling into the Florida water table below!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Hey folks! Long time no see! Haven't been in touch with this forum since like April. I am really sorry about that, life got in the way and I sorta lost interest for a while. But a tsunami of motivation and ideas came over me earlier today, and I am ready to get back in the game! I got some larger projects in my head for the future, but I feel like this is a good place to come back to!

Great to have you back!

DisneyManOne

The EPCOT Garden

gardens-by-the-bay-1.jpg

This beautiful place is meant to complement the Journey of Water across the way, with a host of flowers (most prominently, a display of flowers arranged to form the EPCOT logo), topiaries and unique plants for us to marvel at. What's more, the plants are unique because they are grown in unique ways -- alternatives in a world affected by climate change, new forms of plant food, water irrigation, reusable water. It's beautiful and educational, all at the same time!

MickeyMousketeer

The P.A.S.T. Pavilion (Pavillion of Archaeology and Sagas of Time)

10-01.jpg

Combining EPCOT's core purpose (education) and today's new EPCOT vision (IP's/storytelling), The P.A.S.T Pavilion expands upon the time period of the dinosaurs and early humans and the S.E.A. Universe. The modern exterior-looking building enters you into the open-house of Lewis T. Rex -- an archaeologist and longtime member of S.E.A -- where you can observe multiple exhibits based on dinosaurs, prehistoric animals, fossils, etc. that helped shape the Earth as it is today. The two-story pavilion is home to A Rotation of History, a 16-minute carousel theater show that takes guests through the three geologic periods of the Mesozoic (Triassic, Jurrasic, Cretaceous) that utilizes animatronics, The Main Hall showcasing skeletons of different dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures with interactive touch-screens and hands-on activities, and The Greenhouse, an all-window enclosed quick-service restaurant that looks out to Lewis T. Rex's gardens, home to an array of plants including big venus flytraps, that can also be seen outside of the exhibit.​

Last edited:

Brer Panther

What should Epcot put in that large empty space right at the center of the park?
This is the best I could think of...

A Dream Called EPCOT
1602027939701.png
Similar to Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, this is a museum of sorts taking guests back in time for a trip through the history of EPCOT. The park's attractions, past and present, are represented through concept art, models, video clips, and even animatronics. The exhibit, since it's in a Disney park, of course exits out into a gift shop creatively named EPCOT Gifts, dedicated to EPCOT merchandise - with the occasional "whatever IP is popular at the moment" merchandise thrown in there on occasion.

Evilgidgit

The Weather Pavilion
RRLA_1043B.jpg
The Weather Pavilion explores and educates on the world's weather, climate, and atmosphere in an ecofriendly environment; a gigantic weather balloon is suspended above the roof, acting as the fictitious vehicle for the pavilion's central attraction, Nature's Forecast, a successor to StormRider -- a simulator/ground level pendulum ride that spins, transporting guests via the weather balloon into the heart of a storm system filled with rain, wind and lightning, feeling like they are being exposed to the full fury of the weather, though the whole ride system gets super dried in the ride's finale. Additionally there are the Weather Rooms -- where guests can enter climatised chambers where actual rain and snow occur (inspired by the Rain Room by Random International); a walkthrough exhibition educating on how certain types of weather occur, use of air, solar, and hydroelectric energy, and information on climate change; and Lightning Struck, a cafe where a faux lightning rod has been built on the roof, said to power the establishment.

Orange Cat

THE WORLD THEATER CENTER

View attachment 503518

The World Theater Center brings even more cultures to EPCOT: with a food court that contains 12 stands (with a shared kitchen) which each represent a different culture’s cuisine that cycle seasonly, a gift-shop that similarly represents different cultures, & a VR experience that will show a different part of the world‘s landmarks that will cycle through a different part of the world every four months, with each of these attractions taking place on a different floor of the new building.

Added a “great“ image

DlpPhantom

Inspiration Oasis
img_5606.jpg

The Inspiration Oasis is a garden space dedicated to those who's dreams of the future inspired us the achieve great things. The garden includes statues and bust of theses dreamers like Jules Verne, Ray Bradbury, Jim Henson, Stan Lee, and Walt Disney in a different location then the previously announced dreamers point , among other. Another occupant of the garden is the Inspiration Station, located on a raised terrace the inspiration station includes a large flex space for festival events and booths for seasonal merchandise and dining.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Inspiration Oasis
img_5606.jpg

The Inspiration Oasis is a garden space dedicated to those who's dreams of the future inspired us the achieve great things. The garden includes statues and bust of theses dreamers like Jules Verne, Ray Bradbury, Jim Henson, Stan Lee, and Walt Disney in a different location then the previously announced dreamers point , among other. Another occupant of the garden is the Inspiration Station, located on a raised terrace the inspiration station includes a large flex space for festival events and booths for seasonal merchandise and dining.
Welcome back! Feels like a while since I've seen you around!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Scene 2 is due TONIGHT at 11:59 EST!

This was one day shorter than scene 1 (most rounds should be three days long going forward). But between that and the Veto going on, if anyone does need more time feel free to ask!

Tagging some people from the first scene to make sure no one who wants to play misses it
@NateD1226
@tcool123
@spacemt354
@Disneylover152
@pix
@Outbound

Want a creative way to this (or a future) One Sentence Project?
Are you also over 18 and American and live in a swing state?

Chirs Miller (Co-Creator of the Lego Movies, Clone High, 21 Jump Street, and Into the Spiderverse) is offering to record any single sentence phrase for anyone who submits photo evidence of voting early and in a swing state in the voice of Clone High's JFK!
Details are in that tweet above for anyone interested.

cdfa1ffd824b52eac46fc9005d2a145d.gif

spacemt354

Chili's
The Maze of Memories
1602181755010.png

Given the financial impact of Covid on Disney Parks around the world, a need for a popular but monetarily feasible project is paramount, which leads to The Maze of Memories, a family area of eclectic amenities inspired by the Disney*Pixar film Inside Out. Transitioning from the Journey of Water and acting as an introduction to the Imagination! Pavilion, this area will feature The Train of Thought, a kid-friendly 4 minute excursion through Reily's mind featuring Bing Bong as the engineer, cementing a 'train ride' in all 4 WDW parks! The makeshift outdoor pavilion will also feature a clone of the Emotional Whirlwind spinner from Pixar Pier, The HippoCAMPus as an outdoor family picnic area, a Pixar M&G location, as well as a Subconscious Sweets shop, all-together using the highly valued real-estate in the center of the park to further the new 'Disney'-centric vision for Future World in the next decade.

Disneylover152

Dream Up!

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 11.54.39 PM.png

Coming to Epcot's World Celebration neighborhood in 2022, as an extension of "Dreamer's Point", a brand new Circle-Vision 360 show titled "Dream Up!" and interactive exhibits will be coming, celebrating the Dreamers that made America the country that it has become today.

The show features 7 segments celebrating 7 American Dreamers- John Adams, Thomas Edison, Martin Luther King Jr., the Wright Brothers, Steve Jobs, and of course Walt Disney; as well as the final segment celebrating the American Dream as a whole.

After the CircleVision360 show, you enter the post-show, with interactive play areas, exhibits, and experiences celebrating the final dreamer- YOU, encouraging you to Dream Up and become one of these dreamers.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
lbAP8gq.png

@TwilightZone - The Imagintarium
Disney Quest! I loved Disney Quest so an unofficial Epcot version is definitely an idea that excites me. Connecting it to Figment and the Imagination theme in a loose way is smart given its location and the character's popularity. You also include a lot of references to never built Epcot stuff like the weather pavilion, past stuff like Wonders of Life, and current stuff GotG and Test Track. I think you might have put too much stuff in here though. It makes it feel a little scattered and cramped. These are all great ideas! But maybe you didn't need all of them.

Also, by period count you only have technically three sentences. But you definitely stretch the definition of a "sentence" a few times. Your one sentence project had a higher word count than both things I wrote for 1986 combined. I'd suggest simplifying your writing and simplifying your ideas slightly. That being said, I did really love this and enjoyed the sneaky Steps in Time refence!

@Pufflefan - The World Theater Center
First off, I'm not sure if I've seen it before but I love your happy mushroom dude profile pic!

I like the idea of setting this pavilion up as a sort of permanent home for the food and wine food booths. And then plus them with some additions that would allow Epcot to make these almost very mini world showcases. It might not be the most exciting on its own, but it world make a great compliment to the World Showcase. My only concern is that it doesn't take advantage of its position in Future World since it is very focused on World Showcase, but that's ok since it is kind of on the edge between the two sections of the park.

@DashHaber - The Future World Showcase
Not a bad concept at all. For most parks I would consider a past attraction showcase to be a mistake, but nostalgia and retro flair is pretty integral to Epcot and this would be a nice subtle way to celebrate the past without just copy and pasting it. I also appreciate how your write up is short, sweet, and to the point. It feels a little bit of a missed opportunity to not have Horizons or World of Motion (the two most famous lost Epcot attractions), but the ones you have are great and I appreciate going a bit outside the box with this take on the retro epcot concept.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
lbAP8gq.png

@InspectorSpacetime - Horizons
Speaking of bringing back Horizons lol

I actually had a very similar idea to this and did it as a project in SYWTBAI in Season 16(?) of SYWTBAI! Though you've definitely improved upon the concept I had even more by spacing show scenes out throughout the park and having more variety and unpredictability in the scenes themselves. I really love this and I love bringing the People Mover to Epcot which would add so much kinetic energy and life to Future Wordl! Honestly the only downside is that new versions of Horizons are a very common concept in armchair imagineering. But you manage to find a very unique twist on it!

@FireMountain - WALL-E: A Brighter Future
A big recreation of the transport vehicle would be a great set piece and Wall-e is a great fit for epcot. I like how you turned this into more of an educational exhibit instead of just a character based walkthrough. This is an excellent way to integrate IP into Epcot in a way that should please both Pixar fans and Epcot purists! It also would be a good compliment for the Moana: Journey of Water which (if it is still built) would be nearby and a similar subtle use of IP for educational purposes. I'll admit, I was initially a little against this idea (or not against but not excited), but the more I think about it the more I find myself really liking it!

@D Hindley - CHICKEN LITTLE PRESENTS: A STERN WARNING OF THINGS TO COME
Chicken Little is obviously Disney's best IP ever and the fact that they've been sitting on a movie that was bigger and better than Frozen and Lion King combined for years is insane! So, using that immediately puts you as a front runner!

So, I'm sensing a theme here whihc I am 100% in support of lol. Though I will say, your pitch kind of worked in Tomorrowland and wasn't too far off from a medal. This one is a little less....... how should I put this....... good lol. My biggest issue is the drop at the end. It would be too short because the water table is only like a foot under ground. Not a very thrilling climax ;)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
lbAP8gq.png

@DisneyManOne - The EPCOT Garden
The Flower and Garden Festival is easily my favorite of the epcot festivals, this would be an amazing expansion on that concept mixed with some of the highlights of Living with the Land. Plus, like you said, a great compliment to Moana. I worry that this might be too much greenspace in the center of the park, but that is a very small worry. Especially since you find ways to give both thematic and educational meaning to the gardens!

@MickeyMousketeer - The P.A.S.T. Pavilion
I love this idea for an Epcot pavilion! At first I was a bit worried that this would be too much for the space allowed, but you made smart choices in attractions here all being small scale and compact. And this would definitely fill the dino void left by UoE closing. I'm torn on the S.E.A. inclusion. On one hand, I love S.E.A. and think that some epcot incorporation would be really cool! On the other hand, it feels out of place here. You discus a modern exterior and yet S.E.A. is pretty distinctly in the late 1800s. I think it would have been a stronger proposal without S.E.A. But even with it this is a clever idea! Who doesn't lone dinosaur bones?

@Brer Panther - A Dream called EPCOT
This is nice and simple, but a great choice for epcot. As a lot of the park is drifting further and further from its original version, this would help keep it grounded and please purists. A museum like this would be a great tribute to the past. It feels like it is missing something though. One Man Dream ends with a theater showing a movie on the history. The Epcot Experience (which is similar-ish to a more basic version of this) has the projection mapped model of the park with the walls being a part of the show too. This needed just one extra step beyond just being a museum. But it is still incredible and would be a perfect fit for the heart of the park.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom