One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 2

Which format of One Sentence Comp do you prefer?

• The original format (prompts due at 11:59, prompts posted at midnight, reviews following day @ 6pm

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The current format (prompts due at 8:59, reviews posted @ 11pm, prompt at midnight

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@D Hindley with “Sanctum Sanctorum”
Disneylover152: This is a really great proposal. I love the idea of having the ride housed in a “restroom”. It really feels like a Marvel Ride and with it also being able to fit Disney Sea. The ride is really cool, this system has never been seen inside a Disney Park. I have never seen Dr. Strange, but this would be a ride I would ride. The entire experience seems so amazing and it would have wonderful practical effects. Great work, and I appreciate the backstory of how it would connect to Disney Sea. Stuff like that is what makes Disney Parks Disney.

DisneyForever: If I could scream on a critique, I would!! Although I haven’t been on Tokyo DisneySEA’s Tower of Terror, it seems so cool. And blending it in with your Sanctum Sanctorum just blew me away. I wouldn’t have ever thought of using the stories of Hotel Hightower with a Marvel ride. I am guessing that the whole ride would be a Vekoma Madhouse? Or would it be a different ride system just ending with it? Either way, this seems like a practical attraction to associate with Dr. Strange. I just wish I had a little more detail so that I could fully “experience” it. Overall, this seems like something that would definitely fit in American Waterfront, and including Hotel Hightower is just perfect. It’s a fun, family-friendly ride that sounds interesting and fun, and maybe even a little scary… Nice work!!

Bonus: Great incorporation of Disney characters into Tokyo Disney Sea nighttime show. +1

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@FireMountain with “Guardians of the Galaxy: Escape from the water Planet”
Disneylover152: Disney loves implementing Guardians of the Galaxy into the theme parks, so having a ride in another theme park is something Disney probably already has in mind! This story seems really intriguing and I would love to see this be implemented. The roller coaster looks thrilling and really fun. As mentioned before, the story is really cool and while basic, something that will sure to be a hit. Not to mention it fitting Port Discovery really well, as well as breathing some life into it. Great work!

DisneyForever: This Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster turn Marvel ride sounds like something that could really bring more life to Port Discovery, not saying that there’s no life. Using the SFX Coaster system seems fun and interesting, along with “being” underwater. You’re saying finally, would there really be a huge battle as the finale, I would love to see something that cool. Although there isn’t a lot of details, I can still grasp a few things about this ride. There is just one thing. Seeing as though Port Discovery has Nemo & Friends SeaRider, placing a not-really-kinda-sorta kid-friendly attraction and movie somewhere next to it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Overall, I think you have a funky ride going on here, one that could get pretty crowded at times. This seems really interesting and cool so, excellent job!!

Bonus: Great nighttime show without IPS, which is hard to do. +1.

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@mHarrinton with “Iron Man Experience”
Disneylover152: The Iron Man Experience sounds like a really fun ride with a wonderful story. I like how you are incorporating it into Disney Sea. It takes the story of the ride from Hong Kong, but completely reinvents it with a Disney Sea overlay. The idea of the Starks company expanding into the ocean seems like a stretch, but behind that fact, the actual ride is great! Even though its replacing a popular ride with guests (and a great ride too), the ride does brings a new experience to this theme park. Great work!

DisneyForever:
I think adding an Iron Man Experience ride would be cool to put in Tokyo DisneySEA. I wish I knew a little bit more as to what would happen, but at least there is some. Also, I kind of wish that there was an original attraction, not saying that it is in the prompt to do that. Overall, something like this could work here, but I think it would be a little much Iron Man in Asia Disneylands.

Bonus: Great job bringing a show back from the Disney Vault, but updating it with new effects! +1

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Challenge 10 Results!

There were an absolute ton of quality proposals, making it really hard trying to select and rank the best.

A great idea alone is worth a lot in One Sentence Competition. So is a well-presented proposal. Our top finishers boasted a combo of each, and in such a crowded field many medal-worthy entries are sadly going unrewarded.

Also, with 4 submissions everyone is on this list! Thanks for submitting something!

Bronze Medal
(1 point)

ZtIUnjg6I9qjEK8u5x_6e7tetmXHv3VemA36kxbL5AlWKaX4SAxK9-I0SvOuc-8J_ZP4TqzSbCFkT0HM141BQvaDNigoHsQ-xuIZF24EIPGa-lWO4sPVm_ft2N-jeRwxu9TZ8ANf

@FireMountain with “Guardians of the Galaxy: Escape from the Water Planet”
A great roller coaster addition to the park with an original story that fits the park perfectly!

AND

@mharrington with “Iron Man Experience”
A great implementation of a popular ride from Hong Kong while tying it into Tokyo Disney Sea.

Silver Medal
(2 points)

M1XytoHM6ZX_1S1b0dYOlst4khCEdmFKVoWCVmV8bJNEouSry4xjflAket52SiPHfvL9AkxTdMdlGJPXBS5kw5FDt2KRnQClazsdoXkXY1hJl4_RalhSeMLuS2Sf9dqp1H3pI0OM

@DisneyFan18 with “Captain America: The Hydra Arives”
Bringing a Captain America rollercoaster to the park while combining VR with practical effects.

Gold Medal
(3 points)

3Us2Z5tMWHTAz5SYmEzTpL4zMHNVHgXf3-pwrwWTtDOVJk679ihpWTK4xjekwXQhPIErL63rMrfv1jojIeu823_R3O4AB0Cw2Wb0aFN9f2D58j7odHNtIjrTzjOtJ3Yg5-lPSwmZ

@D Hindley with “Sanctum Sanctorum”
Bringing the character of Dr. Strange with an interesting ride system and an original story!​

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated! Good luck with Challenge 11, posted at midnight!

Points will be posted soon!

Disneylover152

Original Poster

Challenge 11
Hong Kong Disneyland

uY4x47Y7KaOZgFCmlZGAhkq8FI4lOdAG2aMIIsc-61MgTePk0axWQZaNUyyFtMUnYVipWJBaNHEQKHM5k07L334hLhJtN62Jo8CzLZRsc3zdrP0h7leT2lKcaNDEblwXQF3nCG1w

Welcome to Hong Kong Disneyland. The smallest of the Magic Kingdom style parks. This park was completed at the end of the Eisner era, and opened with 10 rides, this park’s low budget was defiantly shown when it opened. Although hosting massive expansions, adding 3 new lands and many new rides, this park still falls flat and only hosts enough to do for a half day.

-Background Information-
Currently Disney has a massive expansion plan, bringing new rides based off of Frozen, Moana, and Marvel. But there's still an unused expansion pad between Toy Story Land and what will be Frozen Land. It was thought this would be used for future expansions, but with recent construction planned on that land, it is starting rumors!

-Challenge-
Your task is to add a new ride to that expansion plot. With it connecting to both Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Toy Story Land, you can have the new ride incorporate the theme of any of those lands, but you may NOT create a new land. In addition, you ride MUST be original and never before seen at a Disney Park. Although you can still use a previous ride system, the experience must be different from any other ride.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 8:59pm EST. Critiques will come following at 11pm EST.

-Bonus-
Design a new transportation system to connect: each hotel & future hotels placed on the water, the Hong Kong Disneyland Park, the future second gate, and Inspiration Lake.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Creativity- Is it creative?
“The Big Picture”- Do you make the most of your sentences allotted? Do I understand what your submission is about? Do you mention the beginning and end of the ride?
Realism- Is it (generally) realistic? Is it something Disney will/could build? Are there patents related to your submission?
Theme- Does it fit thematically? Does it fit visually?
Originality- Is it original?
Effort- Is effort shown?

-Reminders-
This prompt will be a points prompt. As a reminder, everyone who submits something as well as follows the rules will get 1 point. 3 awards are given for each challenge. The three awards are Bronze (+1 points), Silver (+2 points), and Gold (+3 points). Everyone who submits gets a point, but Bronze, Silver, and Gold winners get additional points.

Reminder that prompts are due at 8:59pm EST. Reviews come at 11pm EST with the next prompt coming at Midnight EST.

IP stands for Intellectual Property.

Follow the rules, posted here!

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Now go imagineer!

FireMountain

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
maxresdefault.jpg

As part of their ever-growing expansion, Hong Kong Disneyland will build an all new attraction in Fantasyland themed to the 1996 Disney hit The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Enter the towering cathedral , walk through the queue, and board your vehicle. Where you will embark on a trackless, all-physical dark ride journey re-telling the events of the film.

Bonus: Monorail.

DisneyFan18

Merida's Highland Games

image.jpeg

After the Frozen expansion coming to Disneyland Hong Kong's Fantasyland, get ready for a Brave themed expansion which will feature a play area centered around Scottish Highland Games, a Merida Meet & Greet, and a E-Ticket Shooting Gallery Ride in the vein of Toy Story Midway Mania; Merida's Highland Games will open in Summer 2023.

Merida's Highland Games, is set to revolutionize the Shooting Gallery Rides, as guests will be able to literally shoot arrows at the targets with the help of VR, because everything will be physical sets, there will be some AAs of your favorite characters like Merida, The Witch, & the triplets, and the VR glasses will help guests see the arrows they're shooting, while the bow with the help of a laser makes the path for the arrow, and detects the landing point of it, so of the guests do shoot the target, they receive the points for it.

Bonus:
Mickey's Bullet Train, will be an underground, and for the matter underwater bullet train, that will take guests around the resort, at a high speed, however not as fas as a regular bullet train, but fast enough to be the most effective Disney transportation system, and the underground sections will be well themed to make it an authentic Disney experience.

Last edited:

gonzoWDW

Sid's Shuttle

Guests near the border of Toy Story land are captured by Sid's imagination and grubby little hands, as he ties them to a suspended coaster ride vehicle/ bottle rocket. A Linear Induction Motor launches guests upward at a 60 degree angle as their rocket ignites, where they quickly reach an apex before falling (with lots of style :cool:) back to the ground, enjoying the sights of Hannah's castle and the tropical garden pond in Sid's neighbors backyard - representing Fantasyland and Adventureland, because why not - in addition to loads of other toys in both Sid's and Andy's backyard as they twist and turn their way back to the safety of Andy's yard.

Bonus: they use the Space Stone?

Last edited:

michmousefan

Indiana Jones and the Fury of the Forbidden River
Splash Mountain ain't got nothin' on this all-new attraction settled at the far end of Adventureland between Frozen and Toy Story Land. Journey with Indy on an elaborate themed flume adventure through misty rainforests, thick jungle, unfriendly villages and over towering waterfalls as you search for the lost city of Paititi and its untold treasures. This elaborate attraction, boasting over 30 audio-animatronic characters and having over half its duration indoors, will be the longest flume ride Disney has ever constructed.

Bonus: The Disney Skyliner makes its second appearance at a Disney property, connecting all hotels and resorts.

(uh... sorry for missing the last challenge; busy week)

mharrington

Mickey's Wonder House
My idea for a Mickey Mouse dark ride (one of them anyway) comes to Hong Kong, where Mickey, Donald and Goofy have opened a fun house in Fantasyland, full of various aspects and elements of Mickey's great cartoon past. Unfortunately, the fun house is threatened by the Lonesome Ghosts, and it's up to the guests to get rid of them with special flashlights. (It will probably need to be modified, though, with the notion that ghosts are frowned upon in Chinese culture; why do you think the park has Mystic Manor instead of a regular Haunted Mansion?)

Bonus: An electric railway, similar to the one at DisneySea, links the hotels and resorts, traveling along an elevated route like the Monorail.

TwilightZone

Woody's Roundup
maxresdefault.jpg

This flume ride will take guests through one of woody's adventures. Follow Woody as he goes on top of a steep mountain to save bo peep from the evil Mr. Potato head. With the help from the green army men, buzz lightyear, and slinky, he will go through many obstacles easily and save the day.
Bonus
The skywayyyyyyyy
4397358028_10e0f109b4_z.jpg

(Also wdwmagic's notification system has been failing me for this competition)

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Just in case you are not aware,

TIMES HAS BEEN UP!!!!!
Reviews will be up at 11pm, prompt up at midnight.

Be prepare to take an Iron Wing from the "Iron Man Experience" to Shanghai Disneyland, for our final two challenges!

So hard to believe that we have 6 more days left on our trip around the world! Be prepare for a final two "speed" challenges, with 3 days per challenge!

Disneylover152

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 11
CRITIQUES

Before we review the Challenge #11 Proposals, we would like to say how impressed we are with everyone's proposals! They are all really great!

Every single proposal was unique in their own way, but three really stood out to us.

Also, the detail category has been renamed to “The Big Picture” due to the confusion over the “Detail” category and also that name fits what we want more. Also, please note that while those categories have factors in the medals, the main thing we choose is the concept.

Good luck to you all and we cannot wait to see what you all come up with next!

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@FireMountain with “The Hunchback of Notre Dame”

Disneylover152: Hong Kong Disneyland is a park that is in desperate need of dark rides, hosting only 3. This attraction would be welcomed to this park for that need, to balance out attractions. A dark ride themed to this movie would be family friendly, high-tech, and engaging. It could also be interesting since this movie isn’t that popular, it could get people to watch the movie! This seems like a great addition to the Fantasyland section of the park, great work!

DisneyForever: With Hong Kong Disneyland lacking dark rides and not really keeping the classic feel, this attraction could bring in something fresh, something that could let a little light into the park, specifically Fantasyland. I can imagine this being a family-friendly ride, it being based around a family-friendly movie that's what we'd expect. It could infuse a little more popularity into the movie, getting people to actually watch it!! This is something that is easily traditional, very original, and something that I can imagine a good amount of people riding!! Nice job.

Bonus: Monorail is iconic and you don’t have to worry about sightlines like a gondola. +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@DisneyFan18 with “Merida’s Highland Games”

Disneylover152: You went around the “no new lands rule” with having a themed area. Clever, lol. Merida’s Highland Games sounds like a really fun and high-tech attraction. I like the idea of having a Merida inspired shooting attraction, but it might be a little redundant with the Ant Man ride across the park in Tomorrowland. I just don’t understand the VR concept. If it’s VR, then why is their Animatronics and physical sets. Nobody will see them with the attraction being VR? It’s a great idea, but the combination of VR and practical sets just confuses me. I just don’t get how it would work. Feel free to explain it to me. But nevertheless, wonderful work!

DisneyForever: This attraction seems very up-beat and high-tech in terms of using VR. But honestly, if we're using VR, how would we see the AAs and sets? Would the VR have a slider that slides onto people's views? Having a Brave-inspired shooting attraction fits with the movie and would be a first (I think) for Fantasyland. Having a "themed area" (good thinking!!) would be really neat, I'm picturing it set in a woodsy area. This kind of reminds me about the thing they did for Brave at EPCOT when it was coming out. Overall, this could be a really interesting ride with VR and real sets. A little confusing, but great job!!

Bonus: This is an original transportation system, with it not taking up as much space as others and with it being very fast! +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@gonzoWDW with “Sid’s Shuttle”

Disneylover152: A coaster is a great addition to Toy Story Land, and this coaster seems better themed / makes more sense than the coaster in Hollywood Studios.This coaster has a purpose of being there, and with the giant toy sets you fly around, will be highly themed. I also appreciate the idea of you telling a moment in the film while not having it be a retelling. The coaster is a very original concept and I would love for something to be build here. I’m just concerned slightly about sightlines, but besides that fact, this would be a really great ride! Good job!

DisneyForever: I would've never thought Sid would ever get his own ride, but I've been proven wrong. This sounds awesome, Toy Story Land could use a coaster like this, with it themed and all. I love how you'd be flying around giant toy sets, and telling a bit of the film without retelling it. This is something that I'd never thought would happen, it's a very original and interesting ride in which I think would be fun. Awesome work!!

Bonus: Not sure what Space Stone is, but ok! +1.

Last edited:

Disneylover152

Original Poster
@michmousefan with “Indiana Jones and the Fury of the Forbidden River”

Disneylover152: Hong Kong needs a water attraction. It gets so hot there that it would definitely get people on it! In addition, Indiana Jones is such a perfect fit for an attraction like this! It makes me wonder why something like this hasn’t been built. This log flume, with it being the longest at a Disney Park, sounds like it will have an interesting story, and having the same feel as something like a Pirates attraction. Going through misty forests and jungles with villages surrounding just sounds like adventure! I’m sure that this attraction will get guests to queue up for hours! Wonderful work!

DisneyForever: Hong Kong Disneyland lacks a Splash Mountain, lacks a River Rapids, and lacks a Pirates of the Caribbean. This could make up for that. It would also help with the hot Hong Kong heat that they get. Indiana Jones is such a great character, it could get a lot of attention and a lot of love, it could make people watch the movie again. Also, it would be cool with the villages and forests and jungles, but it'd feel almost like an overlay of Jungle River Cruise. That's the only thing here that bugs me. Overall, having the longest water flume Disney attraction would set a record for HKD, and having 30 AAs would make it even cooler. Great work!!

Bonus: The Skyliner is expanding! Something I won’t be riding! +1.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom