One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 2

Which format of One Sentence Comp do you prefer?

• The original format (prompts due at 11:59, prompts posted at midnight, reviews following day @ 6pm

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • The current format (prompts due at 8:59, reviews posted @ 11pm, prompt at midnight

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneylover152

Original Poster
While we all enjoy a wonderful "Farewell Dinner" at
THE TAM O' SHANTER
you should consider reading the schedule for tonight's award show.

Here it is!
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/one-sentence-competition-season-4-episode-2.938770/post-8216168

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What's The Tam O'Shanter?
It was Walt Disney's favorite restaurant outside of Disneyland. It was in Los Angeles and it was a dining spot for Walt Disney, his animators, and Imagineers.​

DisneyForever

CHALLENGE 13
CRITIQUES

Before we review the proposals for the final challenge, #13, we would like to say how impressed we are with everyone's proposals! They are all really great!

Every single proposal was unique in their own way, but three really stood out to us.

Thank you so much for all the work you put in for this competition! We hope you had a great time! And without further to do, here are the last reviews!

DisneyForever

@DisneyFan18 with “Disney’s DreamGate”

Disneylover152: This is a really cool park, and I love how its basis is based on a quote. And with Figment as the mascot, this character will sure to be a guest favorite outside of Epcot fans. The Imagination Port sounds like a great land, and again, its based on something so classic Disney. The park already sounds cute. And all the rides sound like they would be fun, especially the new rides to existing lands! The Coco idea from a competition prior would fit as well, and be a cool addition. I’m sure Ancient China would be a hit in this park, and something that I would love to experience.! The beautiful thing about this park is that it features an entire variety of Ips that don’t relate to eachother, but somehow fit with beautifully and all connect under the main theme. And of course, this new park is including the new Marvel, Frozen, Star Wars and Avatar Lands! What a great second gate! Wonderful work!

DisneyForever: Great job with Disney’s DreamGate! Aside from the two clones, this is very original. It almost seems like a park-sized version of the Imagination Pavilion at EPCOT. It also seems like Tokyo’s DisneySEA, except with more IPs. I like how you incorporated another project (Santa Cecilia) into this park, it makes the other challenges more useful. Having a more permanent ToonTown seems fitting, and I like how you brough in the Runaway Railway. As I understand it, Figment will be the mascot of the park, which is a great idea since the park is revolving around dreams and imagination. The way you said it, Imagination Port sounds like more of a paint-over of Tomorrowland, replacing the future with dreams. Other than that, this whole park sounds like one that will help Shanghai Disneyland with its current attendance problems, as this is a very unique park featuring most lands that we haven’t even seen before. If only this was a reality. Great work and, “If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney”

Bonus: Another great way to incorporate the Muppets into Disney, especially with the use of a somewhat not-very-popular character! +1

Bonus 2: The Walt Towers does fit in every resort, and is even better as it acts as a museum!! +1

Bonus 3: After all the editing of Monstropolis, you sure did manage to create such a great land!! Great job!! +2

Bonus 4: This could be the next Dumbo system. Haha!! Nice. +2

DisneyForever

@TwilightZone with “Disney’s Space Port”

Disneylover152: This park sounds like a branch off of the Tokyo DisneySky park rumored. At first when I saw this park was related to space, I wasn’t sure it was going to be able to work! But it does! It includes Galaxy’s Edge and Pandora, and it sounds like they will be upgraded! Experimental Bay is my favorite land I think! The Coaster Creator sounds like a interesting addition, and may not fit in the land, but I would still love to experience a Sum of All Thrills 2.0. This land is themed to aliens, which I love! And it should house some of the parks signature attractions. I feel likes its the Fantasyland of this park! Moon Landing sounds like a great addition bringing some great attractions. And I love Sci-Fi city, especially with its Sonny Eclipse style restaurant and Test Track style ride! Great work at this park!

DisneyForever: As a fanatic and a die-hard fan of Tomorrowland, this park makes me want to go to Shanghai Disneyland the day this opens. Everything you described fits, except maybe Pandora. Pandora doesn’t exactly fit with futuristic things, but I might be able to understand it with all the lab items they have. Plus, Pandora is like a new planet, and the blue fits with aliens so, I guess it’s ok! My favorite land has to be Sci-fi City, it really reminds me of Tomorrowland. The Astro Theater better have something that is related to Cosmic Ray. Also, Experiment Bay sounds like a land that would bring both Future World and Tomorrowland together, something that I’d love to see really happen. Even though I never got the chance to ride Alien Encounter, I think it would be great to bring it back.Anyways, great job with this park. It really brings the future out of me!!

Bonus: Mickey Mouse + Food + Factory = Great Bonus. +1

Bonus 2: Everything Mickey, all anyone can ask for. The Mickey bed seems a bit hard to sleep on, though. +1

Bonus 3: Haha, all of your proposals were great!! +2

Bonus 4: Going into a TV. I don’t know how realistic that is but, you did the bonus. +2

DisneyForever

@mharrington with “Port Disney”

Disneylover152: Disney Sea is such a great park, and this addition will be great! I love how you brought China into the park, even in such a minor way. It fits the resort’s moto “Classic Disney but distinctly chinese”. The land sound so immersive and the lands are different from Disney Sea, which gives a reason for guests to visit both. Oceana sounds like the land I’m most interested in. The Ocean interest me so much because their is so much we don’t know about that. And this land sounds like a great answer to that question- what is in that 71% of Earth’s surface? Heroes’ Harbor sounds like a wonderful addition to the parks lineup of lands. It can bring some Chinese stories and mythology into the park in a way too! Of course the Mysterious Island is in this park, arguably the best land in Tokyo Disney Sea. Ad the boardwalk sounds like a fun addition to the park. Hopefully it’s Pixar Free! Great work!

DisneyForever: Bringing a DisneySEA type of park to Shanghai is such a great idea! Each land seems very immersive, which is something Disney really needs to up their game with. Bringing a tad of China culture and Egyptian culture is something that is very great. I’m pretty sure that Mysterious Island is my favorite land because it uses the Jules Verne craft architecture. A close second would be Oceana. This seems like something very interesting, since it’s all enclosed, yet still has an outdoor feel. Architecture seems very punctual for this park, and going with a DisneySEA feel is amazing!! Lastly, bringing something that was originally planned for Anaheim and bringing it to Shanghai is superb. This overall park sounds like one that will really get a lot of people’s attention, competing with DisneySEA for the “best” park. Fantastic job!!

Bonus 1: I’ve never heard about Mickey’s Kitchen, but I would love to see it in my local mall as well as Disney shopping districts! +1.

Bonus 2: No bonus?

Bonus 3: The Wonder House was a really good addition, but all of yours were interesting and wonderful! +2.

Bonus 4: This sounds like what they are doing for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway! You’re like an imagineer! +2.

DisneyForever

@FireMountain with “EPCOT China!”

Disneylover152: Epcot is a park that needs to be rebuilt after the Florida park. It was a good idea at the start, but now they can use the pros and cons of the Florida park into a different version! One that can last, lol. Bringing Epcot to be timeless and Disney is hard to do, but you really did it! By bringing characters into their respective countries is a a simple way, but incorporating Marvel into the Future World section in a way that makes sense is great as well! Future World sounds like it will be getting updated versions of the pavilions we all know and love, while the World Showcase seems like it's getting different countries, each with their own ride! It sounds like a really great park and I love how you are using the pros and cons of Epcot in Florida to create this park, while combining it with the concepts of Westcot and Epcot! Great work!

DisneyForever: Bringing aspects of both EPCOT and planned WestCOT is such a super idea! EPCOT itself is, nowadays, becoming a missed park. Not many people are visiting it. This park could totally change the way we envision EPCOT! I would love to see the Wonders of Space Pavilion, it’d be great if there was resemblance to a space community, Mars, or anything of that sort. Test Track is a ride that needs to have some upgrades and fixes, so bringing it to Shanghai could also lead to these upgrades. Also, bringing a few planned World Showcases to this park would be great, and we’d finally be able to see what they’d be like!! Illuminatios: Reflections of Earth is also a great thing that needs to be cloned. Overall, this park sounds like something that needs to be brought somewhere to this or another resort. Fantastic job!!
Bonus 1: This sounds like such a cool restaurant that would definitely be a guest favorite! +1.

Bonus 2: This sounds like such an elegant and creative hotel! +1.

Bonus 3: The studios addition in DCA was a great addition, and I agree with it having top notch attractions! +2.

Bonus 4: This sounds like such a cool idea for a dark ride! Would love to know more about! +2.

DisneyForever

@michmousefan with “Disney’s Animal Kingdom - Shanghai”

Disneylover152: Disney’s Animal Kingdom is my favorite WDW theme park, and my favorite non-castle park. So to see it in a different resort makes me so happy! The HomeTree land sounds interesting, and I’m not sure how much I like a tree from Avatar being the parks icon. But the omnimover sounds like a fun addition and Flight of Passage and Navi River Journey is definitely a great addition to the land and the park. Keeping most of of Asia and Africa is a great choice, and I love the additions to them. Especially the Black Panther addition in Africa. One of the things that Animal Kingdom desperately needs in their Florida Park is a land themed to Antarctica! It would be such a cool land! Your land sounds amazing as well, I would love to ride that roller coaster. Gives me a Big Thunder Mountain vibe! And the North America land would definitely be a great land! North America has a more diverse range of animals than people think! But no South America? I feel like that’s a given! Animalia seems like a cute land! Great work bringing this Florida Park to life!

DisneyForever: This is one park that I thought wouldn’t have a clone, but this has shown me that Disney’s Animal Kingdom can be cloned, and it is okay to change it up. Utilizing the Omnimover ride system is a great idea for telling a story, but I don’t know if it would fit structurally in the tree. Also, having Pandora as the “main” land might steer away from the animal theme, but skewing off into other countries and seeing the animals fixes that problem!! Animalia and all the IPs inside of it sounds so amazing!! Antarctica is such a great area to have, and I’d love to ride that coaster!! A lot of these lands need to come to Florida’s Animal Kingdom, it would really help with attendance and could help financially. Overall, this park is great and it would definitely make a great addition to Shanghai Disneyland Resort. Awesome work!!

Bonus 1: A vegetarian restaurant would be a nice addition! +1.

Bonus 2: A magic themed hotel would sure to be a deluxe-level hotel! Great work! +1.

Bonus 3: The Imaginarium was a cool attraction! +2.

Bonus 4: What a cool ride system! I would love to see this created! +2.

DisneyForever

Challenge 13 Results!

There were an absolute ton of quality proposals, making it really hard trying to select and rank the best.

A great idea alone is worth a lot in One Sentence Competition. So is a well-presented proposal. Our top finishers boasted a combo of each, and in such a crowded field many medal-worthy entries are sadly going unrewarded.

Bronze Medal
(1 point)

HwdD16ZWrc-UCc_0Wqn7dkPtcgfw4_mQVvdCCBrIMNxSRKo1-AJ_vwAd4P1ixD5TQXpNP6BMTYtjbjyG_GTooe8pm8hzof8xQNOfSDATBN458f9s4z3zFKafLxghDWSagR7SKUg0

@mharrington with “Port: Disney”
Bringing Disney Sea to Shanghai, with the best of the Tokyo Park, best of Port: Disney, and original elements make this a wonderful park!

Silver Medal
(2 points)

MeKvvV9OGHUMMAa3swDFdQq8GXHLQ57wiM5KntOZYZdt_kWa2QrMkjN2EUE4AVAeYoGBb5U7uzs3schUAYOFTIJgRliW2sdmYT7f102sPwzfaCH9IkIguEi3tJnEg-NIzyVOE412

@TwilightZone with “Disney’s Space Port”
A great park themed to the wonders of space. Hosting classic attractions with some new attractions. Not to mention the original attractions featured!

Gold Medal
(3 points)

153_Ns5ybzWGG1ifBPtvYIaIicW2ptarY-uvqbPsaJB9OWF2VUw4CqrHt51gqfeVxDZDTDLQlDzNr5z2atLjNQADzk6E_HIXJVjydXQKDNliWiSJhkAN1HwfDKnz6LUA7MXbmMyn

@DisneyFan18 with “Disney’s DreamGate”
Beautifully combining a bunch of IPs and original lands into one overarching theme: The magic of dreams!

Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated in this competition!​

Disneylover152

Original Poster

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Assorted Awards
If there are any mistakes (such as you did complete every challenge) feel free to let us know!

-RhNLV0HSLwQv7p1beQr31gydTzBdVteIpxniGTTeqOdtwCEJ2231SdmWL0JRPVNCgDvnv0G5Iiz69cUfbK4yBpDH83e0XjpEVeLX_CUJeaFNTPkgLMzajHVgci3dXDYU8gddX3k

Consistency Award
for completing every single competition

@DisneyFan18 and @FireMountain

Rookie of the Season
for being a newcomer to this competition

@DisneyFan18 and @mharrington

One Scene Wonder
for doing a single challenge, then vanishing
@Magic Feather

The Fandom Award
for sticking with an IP for multiple challenges completing whatever is necessary

@Pionmycake and @AceAstro

The No-IP Attempter Award
for attempting to complete experiences without IPs whenever they can

@D Hindley

At the Stroke of Midnight
for frequently submitting proposals last or close to last.

@pixie_princess and @Pionmycake

Marching to Their Own Drum
for completing things that don’t relate to the prompt

@AceAstro (for their bonus where Heimlich rode the Red Car Trolley Tracks)​

DisneyFan18

WINNERS

Congrats to everyone!

And the winner is:
@DisneyFan18

Would you like to say a few words?
First of all, I would like to thank you and DisneyForever for being such amazing hosts, it was lot of fun to participate in this challenges! And I’m really proud of myself for winning, as this is the first time I have participated in an imagineering competition, if I’m being honest I never thought that I stood at chance in winning, but I did it! Overall, I really enjoyed it, and I believe it also gave the chance to grow as an imagineer, and push my boundaries, I always worked on the basis of what I would like to ride or do, and would be considered under the current administration! Thank you all for making this such an amazing experience for me, I honestly can’t wait for the next Episode to begin, I’ll surely participate in it! :D

Disneylover152

Original Poster
ONE SENTENCE COMPETITION- SEASON 4 EPISODE 2
CLOSING SPEECH

With Walt Disney having said “Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world.” This competition proves that Disney Parks around the world will still grow.

Everyone’s submissions have been amazing. Whether bringing a reimagined ride currently found in a Disney Park to a completely original attraction. This competition has been such a joy to be able to host and we are so lucky!

While starting off with a rocky start, this competition has grown into something amazing with wonderful ideas being produced for the past 60 days!

We hope you enjoy the next month off to get ready for the next One Sentence Competition- Season 4 Episode 3

We can’t wait to see what they do with the competition!

Well, I guess that is the end! Thanks for playing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom